PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMELY strong Sun....

danman85
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
I have a Sun that dominates everything in my chart....only thing is that I am completely out of touch as to what this means, or how it has worked out in my life....

Sun is in Leo, in dignity, and is the dispositor in Leo (with the exclusion of Pluto in Scorpio, but that is an outer planet, and I use classical rulerships). Sun is also in Hayz, as day ruler of the chart, in a house above the horizon, and ruling Leo in Leo. I think the only thing that could make my Sun stronger would be if it were in the 5th house....but there is a very close opposition to Jupiter from the 5th house. The Sun is in Jupiter's face, and in Sagittarius in the 2nd harmonic, closely conjunct Jupiter. Furthermore, my chart ruler, Mercury is on the cusp of the 12th house, in Leo, ruled by the Sun. Also, Sun is involved in a kite formation with Moon, Uranus, Mars, and Jupiter, the grand trine is in Fire signs!

So I would say, very strong Sun, but I am so out of touch with this energy. My Sun is in exact square to the nodes (north in Taurus), so that could be why, but as to what that placement means I'm not sure....I know personally, I do have strong willpower, I've come pretty far in life with little to no support, managed to be somewhat of a successful artist, graduating college with a music degree (all of which I either paid for, or through scholarship), won lots of awards for my art, and also have been offered graduate school placement without even applying! That I would attribute to Sun in Leo in a grand trine, but I'm not really sure, it could also have a lot to do with my Venus in Cancer 10th opposite Neptune in the 4th....

Can anyone give me a little help as how to harness the energy behind such a strong Sun placement??

Pallas-trine-Mars
04-19-2010, 01:19 AM
If it were in the 5th house it would be weaker because you would've been night-born.

danman85
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Good point Pallas, you're right, I never thought about the Sun actually being weakened if it was in the 5th...

dhun, I've always been called extremely creative by my peers and my teachers and people I work with, it's why they like me. And concerning creativity, I have been very lucky, most of the good things in my life have come out of things that I've done artistically (scholarships, awards, accolades, gifts), so I would say you're right as well, I guess my Jupiter is handling the fire well :) although I do tend to be a bit rash at times...

Or should I say honestly, extremely foolhardy MOST of the time...

dr. farr
04-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Since I use Whole Sign Houses, by my (personal approach) reckoning your Sun is posited in the 12th House; to me, the Sun's great influence (strong in your chart as you say) shining through the 12th House brings to light (brings up into manifestation) many hidden, secret matters, and particularly karma (for those who-like me-accept the validity of that concept) To my mind, given the combined solar strength mixed with the mysteries involved in the 12th house, it is by no means difficult to understand why you might feel "completely out of touch as to what this means or how it has worked out in my life...": probably, this potent solar influence focused through the 12th house has been un-obvious in its various out-workings and manifestations in your life so far. Looking at Jupiter, by my reckoning (Whole Sign) I find it in a decline (cadent house, the 6th) and opposed by the powerful Sun (and also to a certain degree by Mars energy): perhaps Jupiter has wrongly received the credit for what in fact the Sun has actually, though "secretly" (12th House) contributed.

danman85
04-19-2010, 03:09 AM
Dr. Farr, I've never used whole sign before, but I am going to go with what you said because it made a lot of sense anyway, and I also think that even though different house systems come up with different placements sometimes, it's all about the astrologer's connection to the chart and what that person notices and reads.

Regardless, you're hitting on why I may feel so out of touch with my Sun energy, albeit so strongly placed in my chart, and I think I even hit on it in my previous post when I said something along the lines of 'I've been very lucky based on what I've done creatively in my life,' when really there could be a higher driving force that I am unaware of working itself out from my 12th house (which Sun rules anyway in equal house, and rules Mercury, my chart ruler, on the dark side of the 12th cusp).

I've thought about this before, I think this may be the nature of the Sun/Jupiter opposition. Sun in Leo feels all-powerful, able to do whatever it wishes on command, like a magician, and the Sun in such strong dignity conjunct Mars is helping that idea. But Sun is in the 12th house (whole house), where doing things on its command is completely undone by Pisces energy. This is the house where the act of Sun in Leo (separating oneself consciously from the rest, standing out amongst the throngs of many) is done away with, the house where nothing is separate and all is one. Further, Jupiter opposes this from Aquarius, which points to needing to be aware of others, and how one person can be a a part of and help to many.

All in all, I think you're absolutely right, it may not be for me personally and consciously to lead my life the way I want to, but rather to give this Sun in Leo energy up to the 12th house where 'the universe' will make its way. I see it unfolding in my life sometimes. Sometimes I get exactly what I need to continue on, completely randomly, completely unexpectedly, out of the blue, and it's amazing to me, and I think sometimes "Wow, I can really trust in nothing." Thanks a lot for your comment, what a great help!!!!

juicey J.
12-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Well it makes sense why you have made a good deal of your life on your own not only with a dignifed sun but with a sun/conjunct mars which, often helps to give one incitive.

EhTeam
12-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I would like to think that my sun is strong as well, but I don't know what would make it extra strong or weaker than other placements, as I have it dominant in leo in the 1st house. My issue isn't tapping into it, it's controlling into a positive manner.
I am using it for others, not myself.
If it is in the 12th, you could use it in the background like I am, and it may be rewarding?
I work in a crisis call center, taking calls. I am able to listen, offer applicable resources and usually turn a bad situation into something more managable. I am in an undisclosed location and use an alias.