PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine Moon

eternalautumn
04-07-2010, 08:09 AM
According to this (http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/dignities-and-debilities-can-statistics-help/) link, the Moon is the planet with the highest chance of being peregrine. So, statistically, this should be very common, and I instantly thought of asking everyone here with a peregrine Moon to add to this thread. How does it manifest in your life?

vanila
04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi EA,

She admits to bottling them up. The strange thing is I can count the number of times on one hand, in over 5 years of friendship, that I have seen them come out, at all, ever. Anyone got an opinion on that?I think it is not necessary to show any emotions....it is not something uncommon.....may be she is just little strange.....plus Cancer things are very deep and sensitive .....sometimes people with Cancer energy(you know it depends...the whole chart is important,aspects etc.) prefer to keep things to them selves(because of the vulnerability and touchiness)...
10th house is the house of the social standing, career and etc....but I think if the Moon has some bad aspetcs....it will be difficult for the person to show all the positive stuff from the position(moon in Cancer)....and Moon in 10th has traits of the Moon in Capricorn...and you know about the Moon in Capricorn....conservative, controlling and especially about the emotions and their expression.....it is just what you said....

:)

BOOGY99
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
(On a side note, my friend has her Moon in Cancer in the 10th House, yet is basically emotionless by her own admittance. She admits to bottling them up. The strange thing is I can count the number of times on one hand, in over 5 years of friendship, that I have seen them come out, at all, ever. Anyone got an opinion on that?)

hi
my moon is in cancer in the 10th house, but conj mars and in a grand trine/kite and inconj saturn.

I can be very emotionless, as it is my way of protecting myself from emotional pain and hurt.
when i was younger i did bottle my emotions up, but now, if i do get upset i just let it all out in an emotional outbust.

xx

eternalautumn
04-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking about the Moon being in domicile, and decided that not being overly outwardly emotional is perhaps the better, higher expression of the Moon. It makes sense.

Either way, the main thing I am interested in is people with natal peregrine Moons; that is, Moons that have no essential dignity or debility. With the statistics I found, I figured this would be very common... And with so many members here, there has to be at least one person... Anybody?

Claire19
04-09-2010, 08:59 AM
According to this (http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/dignities-and-debilities-can-statistics-help/) link, the Moon is the planet with the highest chance of being peregrine. So, statistically, this should be very common, and I instantly thought of asking everyone here with a peregrine Moon to add to this thread. How does it manifest in your life?

(On a side note, my friend has her Moon in Cancer in the 10th House, yet is basically emotionless by her own admittance. She admits to bottling them up. The strange thing is I can count the number of times on one hand, in over 5 years of friendship, that I have seen them come out, at all, ever. Anyone got an opinion on that?)
Being emotionless is not really possible unless we are robots and bottling up emotions is not the same thing. Moon in Cancer would be very sensitive and emotional and the fact that it is in the 10th doesnt change that. May not show them publicly or doesnt like public displays of vulnerability. THe whole chart and the Moon's aspects elsewhere has to be looked at.

A peregrine Moon is not significant in itself and is very common.

eternalautumn
04-11-2010, 11:59 PM
It was just a figure of speech. She is not an outwardly emotional person, and she doesn't like talking about them to anyone. That just struck me as strange for someone with the Moon in Cancer in the 10th, the house of status, the house of authority, the most outward-directed house.

Her Moon is opposed by a retrograde Saturn in Capricorn in the 4th, though. That may have something to do with it.

Either way, I shouldn't have even mentioned that in the original post. What I really want want to hear about here is peregrine Moons.

Would you elaborate, Claire? Just because something is common, it is not significant?

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris
04-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't understand "Peregrine". I googled and found this defination:

http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/peregrine_planet.html

This defination seems more detailed

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081110195213AAYZCx6

and it says:
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Jamie, above, gave astrologer Noel Tyl's definition of peregrine. Tyl, frankly, hijacked the term and changed its meaning and as a result has caused some confusion, since Tyl is a well known, well respected astrologer. The original meaning of the word "peregrine" [comes from the Latin word peregrinatio; to journey or travel abroad] means a planet with no essential dignity. That is, it is in a position in a sign where the planet is not a ruler, exaltation ruler, or in his triplicity term (or bound) or face (decan) The Sun anywhere in Pisces is peregrine, for example, according to this definition and it makes no difference whether it makes aspects or not. The Sun can have accidental dignity in Pisces or anywhere else it is peregrine, and be quite influential in a chart, but it is still peregrine.

Tyl then goes on to teach that a peregrine planet, his definition, is very strong as it "makes a lot of noise" to draw attention to itself, and threatens to "run away with the chart," or be the most dominant planet in a chart. The traditional definition is that a peregrine planet is weak because it has no essential dignity. Some say it tends toward good or ill but usually ill. I don't know that I agree with that, but I do agree it can go either way.

The potential for confusion is great and Tyl could have used a different word to describe the condition he describes. There is another term "feral" that comes closer to what Tyl means. Keep in mind I'm not saying he is wrong about the effects of an unaspected planet, only that the word peregrine has an older and more accurate meaning in earlier astrology.

For those unfamiliar with the astrological words triplicity, term and face, see the references listed below. Space does not permit going into all that here.

Edit. I thought of an example. Take Bret Favre in his prime. Think of him on the football field, thousands are cheering him on, women want to throw themselves at him. Men are in awe as he leads the Packers down the field to a last minute victory.

Now take the same man, football uniform and all, put him on stage at Madison Square Garden with a guitar in front of thousands of rock fans. They'd laugh him off the stage: he's the same guy.

In the first instance he has lots of essential dignity. He is who he is, the premier quarterback of his day. In the second he is completely out of place. He can't do what he does best. He is peregrine.
Source(s):

A Practical Guide to Traditional Astrology by Joseph Crane
Essential Dignities by Lee Lehman
The Real Astrology by John Frawley
Still working it out in my pea brain. Saturn is currently on my Mercury on it's messing with my thinking! lol. I'm off to ponder!

Neptune Rising
05-16-2010, 03:30 AM
It was just a figure of speech. She is not an outwardly emotional person, and she doesn't like talking about them to anyone. That just struck me as strange for someone with the Moon in Cancer in the 10th, the house of status, the house of authority, the most outward-directed house.

Her Moon is opposed by a retrograde Saturn in Capricorn in the 4th, though. That may have something to do with it.

Moon in Cancer could be an abundance of emotions, and I can see how this Moon in the 10th house would appear to give an outward display of emotions. Just my guess here. But opposing to Saturn could prevent an open display of emotions. Saturn/Moon tends to inhibit emotions, stabilise them, dampen them in some way. Perhaps the Saturn from the 4th wants to hide them in some way, maybe there is a fear (Saturn) of outward (10th) displays, wanting to keep them private (4th house).

Incidentally, I have a peregrine Moon in Pisces, on the 2nd/3rd cusp. Never been sure what this peregrination means. My Moon squares Neptune though, and trines Saturn, and trines Uranus, quincunx Pluto, so difficult to place and seperate a peregrination and it's possible effects on my emotions/home/roots/mother/instincts. Maybe my emotional aspects will always be wandering, linked in with the above planets, an 'emotional traveller' :biggrin:.

NR

Claire19
05-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Either way, I shouldn't have even mentioned that in the original post. What I really want want to hear about here is peregrine Moons.

Would you elaborate, Claire? Just because something is common, it is not significant?
The moon in the 10th opposing Saturn in Capricorn is a rather repressive position and being proper especially in public is paramount. To be effusive is just seen as being undisciplined and unseemly. This has come in large part from the parental influence.

I meant that a peregrine moon is not a rare phenomenon, but of course it is significant as such to the person dealing with it.

lillyjgc
05-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Eternal, As far as I understand it, a moon in cancer, in the sign of its dignity, cannot be peregrine.As I understand it, peregrine means *lacking in essential dignities*.
Cheers
Lilly

eternalautumn
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
lilly, I know. My friend's Moon is not peregrine, I simply added that in as a side note, which I realize I shouldn't have, as it has ruined my thread. :smile: