Eros conjunting my Acendent

JayM

I just learned today that eros is conjunting my acendent by looking at an ephemeris, and it is rather close as in 3 degrees. I know eros has something to do with sexuality but I dont know what that is though. It is about 18 degrees aquarius so it is in my 12th.

Could someone please tell me what this is about? Thank you:wink::smile:

Attachments

• Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    26.8 KB · Views: 40

freedomlover

I just learned today that eros is conjunting my acendent by looking at an ephemeris, and it is rather close as in 3 degrees. I know eros has something to do with sexuality but I dont know what that is though. It is about 18 degrees aquarius so it is in my 12th.

Could someone please tell me what this is about? Thank you:wink::smile:

JayM,

I don't know where you got this information... but Astrodienst gives Eros' current position as 27' Taurus. This would make it just starting to separate from a conjunction to your NN at 26' Taurus, in the 3rd.

JayM

Freedomlover if you look at astro.com's front page then you will see that on the right under chart & data you will see "Ephemeris of:" and I clicked on eros and I looked at my birthday and eros was 18 aquarius 2 days after my birthday, and how did you find out it was 27 taurus without my info...... or do you have it?

freedomlover

Freedomlover if you look at astro.com's front page then you will see that on the right under chart & data you will see "Ephemeris of:" and I clicked on eros and I looked at my birthday and eros was 18 aquarius 2 days after my birthday, and how did you find out it was 27 taurus without my info...... or do you have it?

OH! Okay.... I see what you meant! The way you wrote it, it sounded like you were speaking of transiting Eros. The current position of transiting Eros IS at 27' Taurus. I see now that you are speaking of finding out where your natal Eros position is by looking at the ephemeris. The only info I have about you is the chart you posted. Also, I find it interesting that transiting Eros was conjunct your NN in Taurus in your 3rd house of learning/information - the day you found out where your natal Eros was and posted it on this forum - LOL!

As to your question of what your natal Eros at 18' Aquarius might mean....
You said it was conjunct your ASC, but in your 12th house. This often has to do with things in your subconscious that are your area of self-undoing - also has a strong past life influence.

Eros in Aquarius in it highest vibration would have something to do with sex within the confines of a committed relationship of equals who are best friends, and in touch with their true Selves - but yet where there are "no strings", in that there is no element of manipulation and control. They are together as a couple because they want to be with each other out of their own free will.

In the lower vibrations, Eros in Aquarius can manifest in detached sex void of emotion. I once read that more "adult entertainment" stars have Moon in Aquarius than any other sign. Aquarius can be a cold, reserved sign, void of any emotional empathy or connection. At best, the lower vibration of Eros in Aquarius would be "friends with benefits" type of relationship.

Also, I agree with rahu that you should also look up Psyche and see what their relationship is in your chart.

Hope that straightens out the confusion - sorry!

JayM

Ok I googled up psyche on the www.astro.com (in the search astro box) page and I found a number for psyche which is 16 and I entered it in the extended chart selection and "psych" showed up (I hope this is psyche) as 1 degree pisces conjunting my venus 3 degrees and mars 5 degrees.......... very interesting.

What do they have to do with one another?

freedomlover

Ok I googled up psyche on the www.astro.com (in the search astro box) page and I found a number for psyche which is 16 and I entered it in the extended chart selection and "psych" showed up (I hope this is psyche) as 1 degree pisces conjunting my venus 3 degrees and mars 5 degrees.......... very interesting.

What do they have to do with one another?

Psyche in Pisces would have to do with learning qualities of self-love and compassion, also rest and care for the body and meditation/quiet time. Psyche has much to do with the thought processes of the mind and your belief systems.

It's kind of in between with the conjunction - asteroids do not have wide orbs. It's out-of-sign with your Venus and 5 degrees with your Mars. It's very close to, and may be within or of your Venus/Mars midpoint though. This may point to your developing the qualities of Pisces in your Psyche (renewing the Mind and letting rest) will help you to blend your Venus in Aquarius and Mars in Pisces energies.

JayM

Thank you very much for your responses.:smile:

How are psyche and eros connected though? As rahu pointed out.

rahu

Banned
eros symbolizes the physical side of love whereas psych symbolizes the spiritual side . psyche is the soul looking for completion in the physical existance.hence these together give insights to the spiritual dynamics of relationships.

rahu

freedomlover

Thank you very much for your responses.:smile:

How are psyche and eros connected though? As rahu pointed out.

In addition to rahu's clear and concise response... I would like to add this:

Psyche has much to do with the mind/body connection, and the working of the mind/thought processes, in general - think "psychological"

Eros has much to do with the higher vs. lower expression of the sexual/creative energies.