PDA

View Full Version : Singletons: Pioneers of the natal chart!

Howl
07-26-2006, 04:04 AM
I think it's time to dedicate a thread to all those singleton planets out there, whether they be single by element, modality, or their placement in the chart.

Basically I think of a singleton as the only planet "doing" one thing, "acting" in one area. It's going it alone, a pioneer :D

To kick it off, I will introduce my first singleton: 11H gemini moon. It is a singleton by virtue of my chart shape (being the only planet outside of houses 3 to 7) and also my chart ruler. I feel that it describes my personality to a significant degree, perhaps more so than moon placement ususally does.

I also recently revisited the idea that planets can be singletons by element or modality. I have a question abut this. If you have other points/non traditional planets (nodes, ascendant, descendant, MC, IC, chiron) as well as a planet in one element or modality, do you still consider the planet a singleton?

For example, I have mars in virgo, and jupiter in scorpio. Only one planet in earth, only one in water. But, I also have chiron and descendant in earth, and ascendant in water. Do you think that mars and jupiter are singletons?

I'd be happy to hear anyones opinion on this. I'm also keen to hear abut your own singletons, and how important you consider them to be :D

pisceskitty
07-27-2006, 12:53 AM
my Pluto in Libra sits all by it's lonesome in the 12th house. I've found myself staring at it lately. I've never paid much attention to it until recently. It's trine My Jupiter in Aquarius in the 4th.

Lunar Pisces
07-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Only the major planets are considered singletons. Chiron is still debated, but it's likely to not to gain to singleton option, mainly because its energy is more complimentary and "in concert" with the major planets, rather than being representative of its own unique domain. Any calculated point - angles, nodes, etc. - definitely do not count. Like with aspect configurations, we're talking about unique energy, and only bodies emit energy. So for singletons, it has to be a body, and very significant and unique one in its own right at that. So thus, only the major planets (including the luminaries) count.

Singletons are best regarded as a mixed blessings, IMO. I brag about mine - Uranus (cardinal) and Neptune (fire) - although those definitely have their down sides. In my chart, I like my singletons because they are undeniably strong, but given the complexity of my chart, it can be a problem some times. Uranus is part of an air grand trine/kite (with Sun. Mercury, Mars and Chiron), which it tends to dominate. At times I feel that Uranus directs my Sun and chart ruler more than it probably should. It also rules my Mars and NN by sign, and rules my Sun by decan. So it gets its way a lot. Neptune on the other hand, rules my moon by sign, so it dominates my other luminary that way.

On the brighter side, Uranus singletons are linked to genius and great progress, and Neptune singletons to creativity and profound spirituality. I can't complain about that. However, malefic planets as singletons can be very malefic in a chart, and I see that in myself too. The combined influences of these two singletons, and their uber dominance in my chart seems to lead me to a state of existence where I feel constantly at odds with the world I live in, needing to demand my independence from society and even nature (Uranus) while yearning deeply for a spiritual connection with others and the universe (Neptune). Uranus singleton people tend to never fit into society, seeming to involuntarily play out some catalytic destiny and often sacrificing much along the way, including their own happiness. Neptune singelton people often feel lost and alienated in this world, like an alien abandoned on the wrong planet. I can say I see myself in both.

Howl
07-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Hi Pisceskitty and Lunar Pisces :)

Thanks for your thoughts! Lunar Pisces, you've helped me to consider my own singletons in a little more depth. I didn't think that a "point", such as the ascendant, could BE a singleton, but I do wonder, for example, if my ascendant wasn't cancer, whether my jupiter in scorpio water singleton be "stronger" as a singleton. I suspect so.

Either way, this means that I have THREE singletons. How exciting ;)

1. Gemini moon 11 H (only planet in the 'universal' or 'transpersonal' houses)
2. Jupiter scorpio 4H conjunct nadir (only water planet).
3. Virgo mars 3H (only earth planet)

My brief interpretation of these is:

1. Emotional need for humanitarian ideals, manifested in thought/communication/social association
2. BIG, powerful emotions, experienced within internal self. Jupiter is also conjunct Pluto ;)
3. Drive to assert myself through grounded, critical and precise thought, to mentally improve things

I associate the placements with other things, like "many friends" and "making a good social impression" for moon in 11H gemini, but at the deepest level this is how I see them.

pisceskitty
07-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Howl,

My Moon in Gemini sits all alone in the 9th house. My Jupiter in Aquarius also sits alone in the 4th. Very interesting thread!..oh, and I almost forgot my Uranus in Libra sits alone in the 1st.

Summery Joy
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, I have Mars in Cancer, Pluto in Libra and Uranus in Scorpio. But Pluto and Uranus have such a generational effect that I consider Mars My only planet in a cardinal sign and ina water sign. And It's true. I can feel the effect of Mars as ssuch a singleton.

Lunar Pisces
07-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Howl - An ASC can't rob energy or steal a planet's thunder, and certainly not a singleton's. If anything, it enables a planet that has an agreeable placement to be more expressive. So in your case, yourASC likely doesn't weaken your water singleton, but enables it to express itself more.

sorehearted - if we just decide to make up rules for these things as we go, without any constant or cohesive logic, there's no value to saying this or that's a singleton. Besides, there's severeal other variables to explain why your Mars seems strong.

Some more general info:

The accepted logic behind a singleton is that it's:

1) a major body
2) which is the sole representative of a specific quality (element, modality, polarity, orientation) in the chart
3) and thus magnifies that quality through its own unique energies

Moreover, in this magnification of energies through sole representation, certain "abnormalities" and "eccentricities" arise, like something overgrown, mutated or even cancerous. It's not just a matter of a planet being "strong" in a chart. They normally create serious imbalances in a chart, as they compete with the chart's natural dominant players, the Sun and moon. Basically a singleton upsets the natural order of things, and as with all thing in nature, there'll be reprecussions. By and large, all singletons have a serious malefic side, even "nice" planets like Jupiter, which as a singleton is fond of inflicting a potentially dangerous "God complex" in its natives.

For example, Neptune's energies are very idealistic, spiritual and cosmological in nature, and yet as a singleton, these energies are amplified until they turn against the native, making the native a profoundly alienated and restless person who cannot find spiritual peace in this life. The spiritual need that a Neptune singleton creates is so vast that it's virutally hopeless that the native will find fulfillment in the here and now. Sure, Neptune singletons have driven many people to do great and wonderful things, often in the areas of humaritarism, spirituality, art and even science, yet for the native, there's great personal cost for the imbalances created by such a powerful influence. These people often do much for others and society, yet end up still feeling deeply empty, alone, perhaps disillusioned (like me - I work with special needs kids, which I'm very good at. Yet I never feel like what I do adds up to anything, despite my successes). While people with Neptune singletons are often very talented and do have many gifts, the haunting emptiness they feel often develops into chronic depression (here here), substance abuse problems and some may even resort to suicide. Hemingway, who had a 10H conjuncted air singleton of Neptune and Pluto in Gemini (wide 9 degree conjunction), was an example of this: a revolutionary and successful writer and Nobel Prize winner, yet restless, unfulfilled, haunted, alcoholic, chronically depressed, and being true to both his singletons, he committed suicide (Neptune) by a gunshot to the head (Pluto=decapitation).

So, be aware that singletons are heavy-handed placements, and often cause a lot of stress and debility for whatever benefits they bring. I caution strongly against overly cheery-eyed interps of these.

If you want to read more about singletons from another, more qualified astrologer's point of view, go here (http://www.astrologyclub.org).

Howl
07-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi Lunar Pisces

I was thinking about this before you posted, after my last post :) True, mine are rather a "cheery-eyed" interpretations. I do tend to verge on the optimistc, especially at the moment while I write my posts quickly and spend little time reflecting.

I have read the "moon as a singleton" article at the link you suggested previously. I found it somewhat pessimistic, actually. It highlights the moon as singleton as a significant aspect of the personality (I agree) but also tends to flag "mother issues" and "inner child that never grows up" issues, which I don't see myself as "suffering" from, as such.

Of course, no one on the forum could really tell if I DO have the personality of a petulant child, and am simply unable to see it myself. I don't believe that I do. I suppose, to the author's credit, they do also state that:

The “inner child” at his or her best is highly creative, lively and playful, full of boundless energy...An individual with a Moon singleton needs creative, positive outlets
Its a fairly nice summary of how I see my OWN moon singleton moon
Positive: I am creative, and do have a playful personality
Negative: I do NEED positive outlets for 11H gemini moon

As I suggested before, I see these outlets as humanitarian/social in nature. To be honest, when I am not active in these areas in a positive sense, I do NEED more emotional attention from friends. Supposedly, the worst of this position might be exceptionally rapid moodswings, social pettiness and jealousy, or just a huge, unsatisfiable emotional need for recognition and attention in social settings. Perhaps due to the rest of my chart, I really don't see these things as being me. I also don't see myself as having mother issues. Hmmm.

The only consistent downfall of my moon placement that I can describe is this: I engage emotionally very easily with "friend" (aquarian/gemini style) contact, yet sometimes "turn off" to a single person's emotions when they are very demanding. I don't "feel" it. The result is that sometimes I don't engage emotionally with people who need a lot from me, I find it alienating. Venus in the seventh house may go a fair way towards balancing that out. So might jupiter as a water singleton in the fourth (however, that one is probably more about my emotions than other people's)

If you don't mind replying again, I'd be interested to know if you have any suggestions specific to 11H gemini moon and how it might manifest in negative ways? I'll admit that sometimes it takes me a while to realise my own behaviour :D I guess that my argument is this: the excess energy/focus CAN manifest positively.

I am currently reading the Jupiter and Mars singlteton pages on the same link. As a Sagittarian sun sign, I find the Jupiter singleton page hilarious :D

Howl
07-28-2006, 10:44 AM
PiscesKitty,

do you consider the planets you mentioned singletons by placement? Are they they only planets on one 'side' or 'third' of the chart? I'm not sure if this is what you mean :)

So far you mentioned one planet in the 1st, 4th, 9th and 12th houses. Being a singleton by placement, if I understand correctly, would mean that one planet is the ONLY occupant of a group of four(?) or more houses, being alone in at least one third of the chart. For me, the moon in house 11 is the only planet in houses (8,9,10,11,12,1,2)

Rubella
07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Until this thread I didn't think I have singletons in my chart... but I've found two:

1. Pluto, the only planted in the Fixed modality, succedent house ( 2nd house ), and a social sign. That's makes it 3 times a singleton.

2. Mars, the only planet in the 'Universal' houses, one of my chart rulers.

I think those are ill omened singletons, both are malefic planets, and strong ones, especially the Pluto.

How do I read their energy?

Rubella
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Until this thread I didn't think I have singletons in my chart... but I've found two:

1. Pluto, the only planted in the Fixed modality, succedent house ( 2nd house ), and a social sign. That's makes it 3 times a singleton.

2. Mars, the only planet in the 'Universal' houses, one of my chart rulers.

I think those are ill omened singletons, both are malefic planets, and strong ones, especially the Pluto. They are also part of a double yod, in one Mars is the apex and in the other is it Pluto.

How do I read their energy?

07-28-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.uploadtemple.com/thumb/generic-file.jpg (http://www.uploadtemple.com/view.php/1153282243.gif)

I have one singleton planet (Neptune, singleton once); is that right? Can someone please verify this with my chart above, I haven't heard of this concept before so I am practicing on myself.

My reasoning:
* I have more than one planet that is Air, Fire and Water. I have none in Earth.
* I have more than one planet that are in Cardinal houses, Fixed houses and Mutable houses.
* I have more than one planet that are in Angular houses, I have more than one planet in cadent houses (venus and mars).
* I have only one planet in the succedent houses - Neptune.

Therefore, I have a singleton Neptune with it being once singleton (being the only planet that is succedent).

Howl
07-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Hey Rubella, long time no see :) Try looking at the link Lunar Pisces provided:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

Also, sit down and think for a while about what the planet(s) involved signify in their rawest form, positive and negative. Then think generally how the house(s) and sign(s) involved, and what they mean to you, how planets in these placements might manifest. I reckon you can come up with a better specific interpretation than I have seen available on the net, anyway.

The yod aspects sound fascinating. I'm not so famailiar with yods yet ;)

I also suspect the way in which the planet is a singleton might make a difference to the way in which it behaves. I have the most difficulty thinking of singletons by chart orientation. What DOES it mean to have only one planet in the universal houses? Let me know if you have any breakthroughs ;)

23, I had a look at your chart, your reasoning seems sound and your conclusions accurate. I think you're right :D

Howl
07-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Heheh, just looking at my mars (earth) singleton. As a woman, I am considered likely to project mars, even more so as its a singleton. That's true enough in that I am unfailingly attracted to earthy men (yes, the latest was a virgo). However, I am not attracted to, nor do I attract aggressive type alfa-male ultra-mars men. Just don't like em ;)

Mars, as my only earth, is in 3H Virgo. Instinctively I'd say this gives me an assertive, possibly aggressive, intellect, and potential for sharp, critical words. It also suggests a sort of mental practicality. It might give me a short temper, and combative, critical approach to siblings, or people who challenge my ideas.

All of those are true to a degree. The short temper is the one thing that I have learned to "reign in". The astrology club, amusingly, lists the following as signs of "inferior function" - such as me trying to express earthy vigo mars, which is not 'fire/air' like the rest of me:

SUBLIMATION - "I'm not doing it, I'm writing a book about it,"
REPRESSION/SUPPRESSION - "I know what it is, but I do not do it!" Such as, "I may feel angry, but I stuff it

Mutable mars singletons are said to dispace anger: "Mutable’s displacement is verbal and nervous. They are not sure what they are angry about. They can get hysterical, or “fall apart” and “loose it.” Earth mars singletons are also said to dispace anger: "Earth signs tend to displacement of anger. Virgo gets busy tidying up or criticizing" So supposedly my virgo mars singleton's biggest issue might be displacement of anger by nervousness, criticism, etc.

Hehe, I tend to write when I am angry, it helps me sort out the true source of anger (and so not react inappropriately). I guess that's a good example of an outlet for virgo mars singleton, considering that a singleton isn't generally 'in tune' with the rest of ones' personality. I have sent some rather pointy emails once or twice, which have not been forgotten.

In summary, I'm not the rampaging warlord that mars singleton might suggest, nor are my partners. I guess it comes out when I am truly angry or defensive (forced to use my inferior function). Cutting words do come out suprisingly easily, when I get to the point that I'll use them. That's a very mars/virgo/3H thing. I did used to bite the hell out of my twin brother when we were younger, and fight nastier than he did (lucky for me, his mars is in the second house).

At worst, I would consider 3H Virgo Mars as an earth singteton to indicate a highly strung critical perfectionist with a sharp tongue (or pen), a kindof verbally "passive-aggressive" person. Ok ok, there is something to this, I have been known to turn poisonous, or to deteriorate into a quivering mess of inexpressible anger when I truly lose my temper. It scares people ;) This is beginning to finally make sense. With mars as my ONLY earth, I am uncomfortable expressing mars anger in an earthy way (physically!) and so I find non physical expressions for it, contain it, diffuse it. I'm beginning to understand the difficulties of a singleton...

Are singletons possibly similar to unaspected planets, in the sense that the person doesn't "connect" with the energy?

07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
23, I had a look at your chart, your reasoning seems sound and your conclusions accurate. I think you're right :D

Thanks Howl for checking it out! :)

07-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Heheh, just looking at my mars (earth) singleton. As a woman, I am considered likely to project mars, even more so as its a singleton. That's true enough in that I am unfailingly attracted to earthy men (yes, the latest was a virgo). However, I am not attracted to, nor do I attract aggressive type alfa-male ultra-mars men. Just don't like em ;)

Mars, as my only earth, is in 3H Virgo. Instinctively I'd say this gives me an assertive, possibly aggressive, intellect, and potential for sharp, critical words. It also suggests a sort of mental practicality. It might give me a short temper, and combative, critical approach to siblings, or people who challenge my ideas.

Are singletons possibly similar to unaspected planets, in the sense that the person doesn't "connect" with the energy?

Well I think its just the fact that your mars is in virgo that you are attracted to virgoans and other earthy males, not really the singleton aspect of it. I have mars in Gem, which is not a singleton, and I am attracted to Gem males.

Singleton is a new concept to me but the bit that I have read about it, it seems that they do have a bit of a unaspected planets feel about them, in that they stand out.

Howl
07-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Yeah 23 I agree with you; women with vigo mars are likely to be attracted to earthy men! What I'm trying to get at (in a scattered fashion;)) is that women with mars singletons are thought to 'project' mars MORE than ususal, often onto their partners.

Generally, this might mean attraction to very "mars" kinda men. For me it doesn't seem to. That's probably because mars is in virgo, a more humble kind of sign :D

I'm still struggling with how to put it together mentally. Mars singletons supposedly signify very strong mars type energy, but mine is singleton by virtue of placement in a not-very-mars kind of sign.

holly
07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
I just thought I'd jump in and say that I have the Sun singleton. (In Aquarius, and Uranus is singleton in a fire sign.) Do I win a prize? :D

As for what it means, I'm undecided. Some say it's especially important. Others go by the balance of elements and decide if you don't have that element in the chart, it's just not important.

I haven't recognised any (or at least, very few) Aquarian traits in myself so I doubt that having the Sun singleton makes any real difference.

Summery Joy
08-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I just thought I'd jump in and say that I have the Sun singleton. (In Aquarius, and Uranus is singleton in a fire sign.) Do I win a prize? :D

As for what it means, I'm undecided. Some say it's especially important. Others go by the balance of elements and decide if you don't have that element in the chart, it's just not important.

I haven't recognised any (or at least, very few) Aquarian traits in myself so I doubt that having the Sun singleton makes any real difference.

May I have a look at your chart?

Bapgim
08-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Where you get it???

FlyAway
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
If a singleton is unique, what happens if you have 3 singletons in your chart?

Virgo (Pluto, 10th) is my only earth sign.
Sagittarius (Neptune, 1st) is my only fire sign.
And the third house is my only cadent house where my lonely Mars resides.
Since my Mars looks so lonely (although accompanied by my North Node) I considered Mars as my only singleton.
So how strong is the influence of a singleton if you have more than one?

But anyway, I read the website that was mentioned before, perhaps that makes things clearer.

tikana
08-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I have Venus in virgo singleton and unaspected!

gee .. and i am a graphic designer

lol

Tik

ScorpiosRock
11-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I have a weird chart. All my planets is in the 10th, 11th and 12th houses and then I have a singlton in the fith. This is my Gemini moon.

I don't suppose you can really see a GEMINI moon as a singleton, could you?

RayAustin
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Hm.. Glad for the extensive posts on singletons, and for your very revealing post on the Neptune Singleton, LunarPisces.

I have a Neptune singleton being in the only earth sign (Capricorn), in the first house. I am rather talented (especially musically), but I'm not sure what the implications of this are in an earth sign. Most of my work isn't actual physical material, rather music .. anyway I guess the neptune singleton in an earth sign is some overpowering Neptune quality overshadowing what is practical, structural, material ... Capricorn is the sign of success, I do have overpowering dreams of being successful, somehow my spirituality and artistic talent reaping in some material rewards ..

But it's true what you say, spiritually I am quite hungry.. I know I'll never be satisified with what I'll learn on earth.. :) I know the neptune singleton makes one privy to psychic 'powers', I have studied auras and can see them (mostly as lightly colored glows) around people.

freedomlover
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Like RA, I've found I also have a Neptune singleton - except mine is in Scorpio ( in the 10th). Mine is a singleton because it is the only planet in a fixed sign.

Until I read this thread, I would have thought that my Jupiter (r) in Gemini in the 6th, was a singleton, but it is just unaspected by any other planet. Although, it may be a singleton due to being the only planet in the 4-8 houses - forget what these are called (transpersonal?)

Any interpretations on how these placements could affect my personality, etc?

hiimnotcool
11-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Would a Jupiter in the 10th as singleton be promising for career opportunities or social standing?

cassanra
11-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I looked over the readings, and the article posted. Thanks for the info Lunarpisces. I have a singleton, it appears, in air and it is my sun no less in the third. I do not know if that is what makes it hard for me to grasp or gestalt.
I did ponder the idea that we tend to fall back on it when we are tired, ill etc. I tend to overanalyse stuff, relationships, people, happenings etc I wonder if its connected to that singularity That might be helpful to me as an indicator to relax and take care of myself particularly as sun is ego..that sort of makes sense.
It also appears I have a singularity in the transpersonal with saturn as the only planet occupying that sector in the 10th. I am not sure where that leads me but it is good information ...thanks for the input from each.

hermetic
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a singleton Venus, only earth planet, in Virgo in 3rd, and also Jupiter, only water planet, in Scorpio, 5th house, but my asc is water also(Cancer), so description of water element is not foreign to me.

I wonder - what is to be done with those singletons? Should they be prominent in some way, or more logically, weakened by prevailing planets/other elements?
How are they important?

icestar
01-12-2009, 01:23 AM
I have singleton Jupiter rx in 2nd Aries. With all my other planets in 8th, 9th and 10th! Now thats a real lonely planet (unless POF is considered too). It is however aspected by trine to other planets in 10th Sag, and not my only fire element. But what does it mean?

oddball73
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I have 2 singletons in my chart...I too am trying to figure out what they mean, i'm not so good at "piecing together the story", and also wondering what it means when the singleton is ruling planet in ruling sign in ruling house, as both of mine are!!

I read the link that lunar pisces provided, it was very informative but there's still alot I don't undertsand.

Venus in Libra in the 7th house, is the only air sign in my chart.

Pluto in scorpio in the 8th house, i think it's a double singleton as it's the only placement in a succeedent house type and the only placement in the 8th house? (moon, mercury, jupiter and neptune all sextile my pluto incase that is important)

Any insights would be appreciated :)

bluel0tus
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I have two singletons in my chart: retrograde Mars in Gemini (6th), the only mutable planet, and Jupiter in Leo (8th), the only fire planet.

The Mars archetype shows up very strongly in my daily life. I love to play sports, and play them all year round (soccer, basketball, lacrosse, taekwando, kung fu, and tennis). I am a very aggressive person; almost anyone who gets to know me would wholeheartedly agree about my aggression. For me, anger happens and ends quickly. I anger easily over odd, small irritations. When I get angry, I like to talk (or yell) about it to other people. I like to voice my frustration.

The Jupiter in Leo archetype is less clear to me in my life. I have not done a lot of traveling, but I plan to in the near future. Jupiter rules higher education and intellectual pursuits. Both of those definitely show up in my life. I like school and love to learn. I think I tend to project this archetype onto other people. My two best friends have very firey charts. One has a Sagittarius moon, and the other has a stellium in Leo (Venus, Mars, and Jupiter). My most recent ex-boyfriend also has a Sagittarius moon along with a stellium in Leo (Mars, Venus, and Jupiter).

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_11_me_hk.84721.8885.gif&res=100&va=&cid=g0jfileVmf0yv-u1156030173

kaminari
05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I have a singleton in my bucket chart ..

..... Saturn in Taurus in the 3rd

..... in opposition to Moon, Venus (10th) & Mercury, Jupiter (9th)

....... does anyone want to give an interpretation .. ? .. my chart is attached ..

.. Most of what I read about oppositions are negative, .. so ..

.. My life has certainly been crazy .. but definitely interesting & I've certainly lived .. if you know what I mean ..

.. but my chart is crazy .. I have learned so much about me from my chart .. but it's that darn singleton that I still can't figure out ..

wilsontc
05-29-2009, 02:43 PM
kaminari,

You asked:
I have a singleton in my bucket chart ..
Saturn...does anyone want to give an interpretation .. ?

You have a bucket chart with :saturn: (duty, also structure) :conjunct: IC (inner world) as the "handle", indicating you need to inwardly structure things before you can do them.

Saturnally,

Tim

kaminari
05-29-2009, 11:53 PM
kaminari,

You asked:

You have a bucket chart with :saturn: (duty, also structure) :conjunct: IC (inner world) as the "handle", indicating you need to inwardly structure things before you can do them.

Saturnally,

Tim

.. Thanks Tim .. I wonder if Saturn's energy flowing into the 4th .. ? .. I feel I have a good handle on my "thoughts" .. but .. I feel like "home" is what I've been missing my whole adult life .. Perhaps the "home" is inside me .. & that's what I need to structure ..

inspired777
06-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Wow, interesting topic. Never considered the effect of a singleton in a chart before. I happen to have a saturn singleton in aquarius in the 2nd house, ruled by cap. it's the only air sign in my chart.

In Air signs, Saturn singleton polarizes the mental, intellectual, and communicative qualities. The person may be highly intelligent, yet feels inadequate about his ability to communicate - learning and reading problems may exist. Additionally, there may be a tendency to be too detached, dissociative, too coolly impersonal and abstract, or a prisoner in a mental cage
In fixed signs, it tends to add both stubbornness and persistence. The person can get stuck in a rut, suffer from monomania, or excessive concentration on a single object or idea. Saturn works best in Aquarius where it helps focus and stabilize Uranian scientifically creative genius, though it still gives problematic personality rigidity.

www.astrologyclub.org/articles/saturn/saturn_article.htm (http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/saturn/saturn_article.htm)

It's pretty accurate, especially the part about communication. Verbal communication of ideas has always been difficult for me.. I can never seem to get over this unknown fear :(

Can anyone tell me more about this saturn?

wilsontc
06-05-2009, 08:50 PM
kaminari,

You asked:
I wonder if Saturn's energy flowing into the 4th .. ? .. I feel I have a good handle on my "thoughts" .. but .. I feel like "home" is what I've been missing my whole adult life .. Perhaps the "home" is inside me .. & that's what I need to structure

I think that makes sense. It's about being "at home" with your entire "inner world" and structuring that.

Agreeing,

Tim

JSWright101
06-22-2009, 04:49 AM
I have two singletons of my own. My moon is in Gemini in the 12th house and represents my only mutable planet (though this one could be debatable because Jupiter, in Taurus, is also in my 12th house at about 10' away). I do, however, very much feel this singleton (though this may be more to its position as a light in my 12th rather than necessarily being a singleton).

The really key singleton for me though is Pluto in Scorpio in my fifth house (Libra cusp). It's my only planet in a water sign and its my only planet in the 'me' half of my chart (1 through 6). It's moderately conjunct my vertex and it (more importantly) forms one of the legs of a T-square formation with Venus in Aquarius in my 9th and Mars in Taurus in my 11th (Aries cusp). Any thoughts?

(sun in Aquarius)

dperez3894
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I've got Saturn in the 9th in Gemini.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9cfdf1ec9e.gif

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I have two "Singletons" :moon: in 6th :aquarius: hard aspect-ed and the only Planet in Air :pinched: along with :mars: in 9th :taurus:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/SingletonMarsMoonEqual.gif

I`m studying a Friends chart in relation to their singleton Placements and have two different houses for this :sideways:

ie :uranus: for instance in 10th Equal and 9th in Placidus although the chart says 10th ? the corresponding report from the same site says 9th :sideways:

http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/uranus/uranus.htm

Uranus in the 9th House
Unconventional in matters of philosophy and religion, you always find new ways to get past the fluff and into what is really important. Your insights into truth and the eternal make you independent and somewhat of a loner.
should I stick with "Equal" .... only I know some are using Equal for Horary now also ?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/EHDA.gif

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/PHDB.gif

09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
does your friend have a uranus singleton? do you actually see it manifest in him/her? i'd imagine a 10th house uranian's method of working/ approach to career to really stand out. mine is in the 2nd house unaspected.

i would be more inclined to believe the chart over the report but why didn't you make one from astro.com like yours?

I Did Sweetie ... made several to try to get the house position correct ..

The first chart interprets :uranus: also in 9th :sideways:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/PHD.gif

With second in 10th :crying:

Are there 3 singletons in their chart ? It`s looking more grim by the minute :devil:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/EHD.gif

EDITED >

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/NTAPequal.gif

09-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi Guys :love:

Several other Chart selections confirm 10th house for :uranus:

Quandry :sideways:

It would appear they have 3 Singletons :surprised: :eek: IF only Planet in a sign qualifies :crying:

Whole House Charts ...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/WholeHousess.gif

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/mio022/AST/WholeHouseUranusin10th.gif

Arian Maverick
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Is there a respected print source, rather than a website, which states that the only planet in an angular, succedent, or cadent house counts as a singleton, even if it is not the only planet in a specific element or modality?

I think it's important to have a clear definition.

EDIT: I'm getting a bit confused with the different natal charts, but if my hunch is correct that the only planet in a fire/earth/air/water sign or a cardinal/fixed/mutable sign is a singleton, Uranus' house position would not matter because Uranus is in a fixed fire sign. In the first chart, there appears to be three planets in a fire sign and two planets in a fixed sign.

Are there 3 singletons in their chart ? It`s looking more grim by the minute

Even if you did not refer to Uranus as a singleton in this chart, where are the others?

I can see that the Moon is the only planet in an air sign, but the other elements/modalities appear to be well-represented.

Arian Maverick

09-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Is there a respected print source, rather than a website, which states that the only planet in an angular, succedent, or cadent house counts as a singleton, even if it is not the only planet in a specific element or modality?

I think it's important to have a clear definition.

EDIT: I'm getting a bit confused with the different natal charts, but if my hunch is correct that the only planet in a fire/earth/air/water sign or a cardinal/fixed/mutable sign is a singleton, Uranus' house position would not matter because Uranus is in a fixed fire sign. In the first chart, there appears to be three planets in a fire sign and two planets in a fixed sign.

Even if you did not refer to Uranus as a singleton in this chart, where are the others?

I can see that the Moon is the only planet in an air sign, but the other elements/modalities appear to be well-represented.

Arian Maverick

Hi ...:love:

This is the very reason I asked that question in my previous post >

Are there 3 singletons in their chart ? It`s looking more grim by the minute :devil:And brought up previously ...

So are you saying a Planet alone in a house and sign doesn`t count ? if so please elaborate I`m eager to learn here :innocent:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25842&highlight=SINGLeTON+MOONS

Arian Maverick
09-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I would be more inclined to include house types in my definition of singletons if:

1) Astrologers agreed upon a house system.

2) The chart was rectified, so we know the planets are located in the correct house.

But to each his own, I suppose...

Arian Maverick

tetrahydro
09-05-2010, 05:36 AM
I've been told I have a lot of singletons, in one theory or another.. The bucket to Jupiter, Mercury. I'm confused. . . - What do you guys think with such a focused chart (geometrically I guess) as in regards to singletons?

-muchlove john

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/734/astro2gw01john198292009.gif

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4127/astrob2sig01johnhp19880.gif

QuaOs
09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
By aspect I have quite unaspected* :mercury: in mid-:libra: (but there is a stellium nearby on the :libra: / :scorpio: cusp) and :jupiter: in mid-:scorpio:

*note that, these two planets would be "unaspected" if we ignore MC, points, asteroids, fixed stars, and ignore aspects wider than 8 degs orb between each with the :moon: at 23 :capricorn:

Maybe technically they're not really unaspected, but for :mercury: it still feels like they're out of place all these time.

By element and house, I have that :moon: in :capricorn: which is singleton Earth, and also singleton 11th in my chart.

And to note their effects, I have had much problem with some disjunction/blockage/unsmoothiness in speech and body movements/reflexes, especially in my youth.

Here's my chart FYI:
http://a.imageshack.us/img26/9323/qfxstarscensoredos5.png

midnight sun
09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
That's a really interesting thread I think. I realized that the two planets which I was feeling sorrow for because I don't like their positions seem to be singletons.

My Uranus is in Sag., the only fire element in my chart, also it's in 3rd house.
And Jupiter is in Aquarius, the only air element in my chart, it's in 4th house
They also sextile each other

Well I think a lot but I couldn't decide what can be the effect of these combination?

EhTeam
09-09-2010, 03:49 AM
o! I have a singleton, but it does aspect others.

Mercury 341' Virgo, in House 2

Trine Jupiter
Trine Neptune
Sextile Pluto

Square Uranus - The Devils Advocate, anyone?

I talk, and talk...and talk some more, and then I sit and listen, and listen some more. While listening, it is very easy for me to pick on gestures, and feelings, even when they are in opposition to what the person is saying they feel. I have a bad habit of finishing sentances for people, because I can sense what they are thinking/feeling. I love to communicate, and try to make things black and white. Starting at the bottom, and working my way up with each situation. I think people like it that way, or my style of verbal problem solving. It may be drawn out, or long winded, but no detail is missed, and what is started, is finished. The one thing I have had to learn and deal with, is that this 'style' comes off dry, or callous.

I have a strong passion for mediation, but the job opportunities are low.
I am more than likely going into counseling, Marriage and Family or Drug and Substance abuse. I can not WAIT to help people verbally, and get paid for it!

piscesnurse
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
i will have to post chart but i have aq moon in 11 house
pluto only fire in leo in the fifth aries ascendant
uranus in gemini in the third

any input would be appreciated thanks so much everyone

Vagabondgirl
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I didnt know much about singletons before coming to this forum:D

Obviously I have Uranus in sagittauris as the only fire planet, and its in the 7th house ofcourse! I dont think its a good idea for me to get married again, I jinxed my relationship last time be doing so, although I knew I had uranus in the 7th back then. Silly me....

My uranus has only one aspect sextile from Sun in libra. This is the only "real" aspect the Sun gets.....But sun also gets semi-sextile from mars in virgo, dont know if it counts that much. So I understand that this uranus must be an important part of my identity one way or the other:)

On the other side Uranus has a mutual reception with Jupiter in aquarius I think? Jupiter ruler of sagi and Uranus of aquarius, by sign. Then after that I dont know whether to use the equal chart or unequal chart. But in the equal chart jupiter falls in the 9th house, in the placidius its in the 11th. So either powerful friends or love for travel and broadening of the mind?

I have not yet travelled so far really, just within europe and Im living in another european country, and I also have lived in France before. I thoutght short travels were indicated by 3rd house or gemini? Maybe I have some of that too:D With AC in gemini.

But my boyfriends have mainly been fire signs, my current boyfriend has many planets in sagi. So maybe compensating for my lacking in fire?

mister_hank
12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I would never expect that I had a singleton in my chart. I have two actually.

Pluto Singleton in Libra/9th House
Saturn Singleton in Virgo/8th House

I also did some calculaton while looking at my chart and followed the links. This is what I concluded after an hour of researching...

_ I am more Yin (feminine) [I'm physically male]
_ I am Cardinal
_ I am Social
_ I am Fire & Water

If this isn't right, please let me know. Because I feel like I'm missing something in my research...

Vagabondgirl
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Does my Uranus singleton in the 7th sagittarius mean that I will have crazy foreign partners? :D