Twins

pwadm

Staff member
What about identical twins (they occur when a single egg is fertilized to form one zygote (monozygotic) which then divides into two separate embryos.)
They have the same genes, almost the same natal chart, yet they are a bit different. It seems to be another factor we overlook.
Obviously, from a spiritual perspective, they have different souls with different past lives experiences, a different background. Yet in this live they will have the same kind of experiences (even if not the same experiences), yet their life will be influenced by astrological factors basically in the same way.
So to me this sounds as if there's something we're missing that cannot be shown in the natal chart. Or maybe it can? I mean: do twin births happen at random times or is there an astrological pattern to that?

Howl

Ooooh I hope someone replies to this!! I've wondered why I came out first....people have told me it's because my brother is a gentleman, and let ladies through first :D

That response used to really annoy me when I was little!

Hi Howl,

Is your twin brother interested in Astrology. If not I bet you give him all the astrological data anyway, so he would be involved with astrology through his closest link you. What does he think of the subject. Just curious to see if your interests are the same.

Miss S

lilllybelle

I have two older sisters that are twins so I have often wondered why twins are such different people. My sisters' personalitys are very different. I think some of it is just plain psycology. They couldn't both play the role of leader, so one was allowed to be leader more than the other. I think all sibilings do that on some level take on certain defined roles( the smart one, the pretty one) even if the role doesn't always fit. I also thing the main reasons twins are different is because they are two different souls with different past lives. My sisters lives in this perticular round on earth have been quite different from each other. One was in a bad car wreck ended up handicapped raised her children as a single mother, experienced rape and severe poverty. She's also very religious. My other sister has never been single she has always been married. She hasn't had to endure many of the things that my other sister has had to endure. She has quite a few children and a completely different life story.
Just a few differences in the natal chart can make a big difference between two peoples' lives. They can end up with different moon signs, ascedents. One can have a cusp with 29 degrees on it, meaning it is totally up to them what they are going to do with that perticular house arena. I was only 12hrs. and 48. minutes older than my exhusband and we were completely different people. I heard a story once of two twins who the only major difference in their chart was that one had a house cusp at 29 degrees, I don't remember which house it was, and she ended up marrying 5 times while her twin sister stayed married to the same person all of her life. I wonder what the karmic reason are that bring twins together. Sometimes I wonder if twins really hated each other in another life or something where they were forced to be yoked together in this life. I know the reasons probally vary from twin to twin. lilllybelle

Arian Maverick

The most satisfying explanation I have read regarding the identical charts-different individuals phenomenon is something to the effect that, from an early age, each child adopts a distinct theme of the collective natal chart as his or her dominant mode of expression. For example, a set of twins who were not separated from birth would somehow reach an agreement to embody difference facets of their character that, should they had grown up apart from the other's influence, would have manifested as seemingly contradictory aspects within his or her self.

Here is an excerpt from the Kryon Question and Answer Index about Twins and triplets that may be relevant to this thread:

QUESTION: Dear Kryon, my two sisters and I are triplets. We've been told that we are one soul in three bodies. I was under the belief that each body houses a separate soul. I think my ego is upset that I'm not an "individual" if this is true. Can you enlighten me on this?

ANSWER: The most difficult thing to explain to a Human is the concept of how something singular in appearance can be many things in reality. You appear to be one soul because you have one body...

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Arian Maverick

Last edited by a moderator:

Howl

Miss S, thanks for asking ;)

Radu is talking about identical twins, which (although people do ask me?!) is not the case for my brother and I :D Our birth charts are very close; the only differences are aspects to angles and some planets in different houses. Being different genders, the differences in our personality/behaviour/choices can't be separated from the differences in conditioning for male/female children, and/or the way men and women "use" astrological placements (whichever you believe most is fine by me, I subscribe to a combination of the two).

As this is something that has fascinated me no end, I'd like to post my observations. I feel like I've made some mental headway, with help from the forum!

Ok. Personality wise, if you could remove us from our respective "settings" and place us in a neutral setting, I believe we are quite smiliar. We're both easygoing, friendly, intelligent, independent, and quietly ambitious in our own ways. We also both avoid expressing conflict/anger, unless we need to. I think the differences, house and aspect wise, describe the different FOCUS we each choose.

Here is a summary for you :D

Him:

likes sport, plays lots of it
likes THINGS, new shiny expensive things
owns a new shiny car, that he has detailed monthly
Exceeded $1 million in personal investments/assets this year (!!)
Is in business partnership with our older brother
Programs computers for a job, with no formal training in this area
Hasn't finished his law/commerce degree, because he stopped ot make money
Has only left the country on a cruise ship :D (I think this is hilarious)
Got engaged (to someone with the same name as me, gahhh!)
Is generally more conservative and more organised than I am
No interest in astrology, or any of my interests (below)
WANTS: to own his own island
HAPPY WHEN: he's monitoring the strong performance of his business deals
WORRIES ABOUT: personal/family relationships, and being seen as/being too materialistic!

Me:

like writing/art/dreams/astrology/being alone more than him
like EXPERIENCES, all of them, anywhere, and people
Own no car, catch public transport and ride my bike everywhere
Net worth, around negative $5000 :D
Work as an English teacher/Life model/Social research analyst
Currently studying my masters (international development)
left the country at every possible opportunity, lived overseas total 3 years
generally less conservative and more spontaneous than my whole family
WANT: to work for Oxfam/Red Cross/United Nations
HAPPY WHEN: I've been offered a new opportunity in my field
WORRY ABOUT: professional life/being unable to do what I feel I "need to"

His workmates joke about the fact that he's secretly 80 years old. My mum reponded to this joke by saying, "if he's 80, then she (myself) must be 10!!" Hated the comment at the time...the fact that my brother is worth a fortune tends to discourage me, but I just have to remember that being wealthy was never my goal, and if it had been, I could have done it by now. It just isn't!

Main astrological differences:

Him - Sun/mercury in 5H with uranus......Me - Sun mercury in 6H with neptune

Him - MC taurus, IC scorpio......Me - MC Aries, IC Libra

Him - Mars in 2H, Jupiter in 3H......Me - Mars in 3H, Jupiter in 4H

Him - Ascendant square Saturn, Jupiter conjunct 1C (in 3H)
Me - Neptune trine MC, pluto (3H) and jupiter (4H) conjunct IC

There's more than that, but those are the basics that I think describe our different motivations and directions in life. Also, my sixth house focus has given me a great concern with health, which he shares only partially. I have wondered about the idea that when brought up together, twins can "agree" to take on more of certain aspects in order to differentiate. I'm still thinking about this one.....Probably if I were to 'embody' a planet for him, it would be his 11H gemini moon and/or 3H scorpio Jupiter. For me, he would be 3H virgo mars and/or libra saturn.

In answer to Radu's original question, I do believe that the difference between us is adequately described in our natal charts. My argument is this: Small natal differences may prove more significant, or even be overemphasised, for twins. To some degree, twins have a very interesting opportunity to see what they may be capable of, given different choices!! (For example, I'm quite confident that I could have accumulated $1 mill in assets, had that been my orientation...) I suspect that twins who grow up apart, or even strangers with the same birth chart, may end up more eerily similar than twins who grow up together.

I've posted the charts below incase anyone would like a look :)

Him:

Me:

Last edited:
Hi Howl,

What makes you so different, is it because of the 2nd house Mars that he has a drive for making money. Your Mars being in the 3rd does this make the difference your drive is in communicating, intellect. I will look at the charts some more later very interesting.

Thanks for sharing, It does make me realize that such small differences in your charts, make a big difference to your lives.

Miss S

Virinchi

in vedic astrology, Rahu(shadow planet) is the reason behind twins birth.
either of the parents have Rahu with mercury or Jupiter and connected to 5th house