PDA

View Full Version : Have all the planets ever being in their own signs @ same time?

SagiCap
03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
And how would that configuration be felt?

Claire19
03-04-2010, 12:46 AM
And how would that configuration be felt?

I dont imagine that has ever happened....THe outer planets for instance it would not be possible. Maybe with the inner personal ones. Let us see who has a Leo SUn, Cancer Moon, Mercury in Gemini, Mars in Aries, Venus in Libra,
Saturn in Capricorn and Jupiter in Sagittarius.

Moulin
03-04-2010, 01:56 AM
or venus in taurus, even :tongue:

Frank
03-04-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm doing a search over the past 1,000 years in Solar Fire's Electional Search feature for times when all the Planets were placed in their Domiciles at the same time - using Classical Domicile rulers, of course. It will take a few hours for it to run and then I'll post the results.

Moulin
03-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Frank, you are a trooper, thank you :)

lillyjgc
03-04-2010, 02:14 AM
This is excellent! Go Frank!
Lilly

Frank
03-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Well, it's been running for about an hour now and it's only 2.3 percent done - so this could take a while.:lol:

Northstar10
03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
It would have to be
Sun: Leo
Mercury: Virgo
Venus: Libra
Moon: Cancer
Mars: Aries
Jupiter: Sagittarius
Saturn: Capricorn
Neptune: Pisces
Uranus: Aquarius
Pluto: Scorpio

Mercury is always only one sign away from the sun sign, max. Venus is always only 2 signs away from the sun sign, max

eternalautumn
03-04-2010, 06:28 AM
19 August 1903 is the only date I know of...

By chance, I stumbled across this very interesting nativity.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae200/wilsontctc/James-Gould-Cozzens.jpg

He is a Pulitzer Prize-winning author of 13 novels and a volume of short stories, but I have never heard of him. I'll definitely be looking for his work after learning about him. I don't think he counts as a celebrity, but to be safe I posted here. Hope that's okay.

http://www.nndb.com/people/402/000115057/james-gould-cozzens-1.jpg

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gould_Cozzens
http://www.accuracyproject.org/cbe-C...amesGould.html (http://www.accuracyproject.org/cbe-Cozzens,JamesGould.html)
http://205.188.238.109/time/magazine...809854,00.html (http://205.188.238.109/time/magazine/article/0,9171,809854,00.html)

The last link is an article from Time Magazine dated 2 September 1957. Attached Thumbnails http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8937&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1266768830 (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8937&d=1266768830)

vanila
03-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Saturn is ruler of Aquarius too... :tongue: in traditional astrology....

eternalautumn
03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Caprising: Traditionally, the outer planets were not known and therefore had no rulership. Tradtionally, Saturn rules Capricorn and Aquarius, and Jupiter rules Sagittarius and Pisces.

Virinchi
03-04-2010, 07:07 AM
it can never happen because mercury and venus can never be more than 30 degrees away from sun.
so if sun is in leo (even in last degree), venus cannot cross over to libra, though mercury may remain in virgo.

except for these 3 planets, others can be in own signs at same time.
it may not have happened in past though

eternalautumn
03-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Just because a bunch of people say something is true, does not mean it is so. A lot of people thought the world would end on Y2K; it did not. Many astrologers say that Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto rule Aquarius, Pisces, and Scorpio; however, they do not have thousands of years of observation and knowledge at their disposal, as the ancients did. The astrologers of old did not just dream up the rulerships one night; they were the result of many many years of study, study of the actual sky, unlike most astrologers today who rely on computer programs.

Either way, according to traditional rulerships, the nativity above has all planets in domicile. His life is quite interesting; not what one would expect for someone with a natal chart such as his. However, this just drives in the fact that the other essential and accidental dignities are just as important in interpretation, as well as various other factors.

dhundhun
03-04-2010, 07:11 AM
it can never happen because mercury and venus can never be more than 30 degrees away from sun.

Between Sun and Venus largest distance is around 45 degrees.

Claire19
03-04-2010, 07:48 AM
or venus in taurus, even :tongue:Yes and Mercury in Virgo.

Frank
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
The Solar Fire search has been running overnight and has only gone through 3.5 percent, so I changed my tactics. I used AstroDatabank and in addition to Mr. Cozzens, found astrologer Isabel Hickey:

Isabel Hickey
19 August 1903
12:30 p.m. EST
Brookline, Mass
Rodden Rating: A
J. Vandaveer quotes her, Mercury Hour, 7/1982

I'll continue to search for something outside of that date in 1903.

Frank
03-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Frank, do you have solarfire version 5 or a later one? I cant seem to find the search function that you are using on my version 5 !

I have Solar Fire Gold (7). The Electonal Search feature didn't appear until version 6.

Frank
03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
A bunch of people will tell you a bunch of opinions, this is where astrology becomes very confusing. Who would you believe, someone who dabbles in astrology as a hobby, or someone who counsels thousands of real life clients over many years? Nancy Anne Hastings and Jeff Green have both devoted years of study into the subject, while seeing the real world results in their clients lives, these are some of the bunches of people who will show you the techniques that will enable you to learn astrology at a much faster rate, rather than wasting time sifting through the endless opinions found on the net. As I said in the earlier post, the ancients had to pick a ruler for the signs Aquarius, Scorpio and Pisces, but the rulers hadn't been discovered yet! What would you do in a similar predicament?

I'm a professional astrologer with over 30 years experience doing charts - and researching astrology (both historical and statistical) extensively. I'll stick to the Classical Rulership scheme for several reasons - both practical and theoretical.

eternalautumn
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Frank: Strange that they were born at the same place, on the same day, at the same time... This makes them identical "astro twins", no? Interesting...

Frank
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Frank: Strange that they were born at the same place, on the same day, at the same time... This makes them identical "astro twins", no? Interesting...

Sorry, my error. I put in his data instead. I edited the original post.

Inside Out Orange
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes , before Uranus and Neptune were discovered the astrologers of the day had to find rulers of Aquarius and Pisces, isn't it amazing that they chose planets that were very well placed in these 2 signs!

I thought it was because it makes for good 'symmetry' particularly on a wheel ....

Sun - Leo ........ Cancer - Moon
Mercury - Virgo ...... Gemini
Venus - Libra ...... Taurus
Mars - Scorpio ... Aries
Jupiter - Sag ........ Pisces
Saturn - Cap ........ Aqu

BOOGY99
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
i have a few planets in their own sign.

not sure what happends re the houses they are in.

eg.

sun 1 deg virgo...cusp of leo ???

moon in cancer, but 10th house ??

mercury in virgo 1st house

venus in libra 2nd house

mars in cancer but 10th house

jupiter in pisces but in 6th house

saturn in aqa but in 5th house

wonder if they canx out the positive placement of the planets in detriment houses??

my chart

Claire19
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Well, it's been running for about an hour now and it's only 2.3 percent done - so this could take a while.:lol:
Good and then find a chart with all the personal planets in their natural sign.
:wink: THis I want to see.

Claire19
03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
i have a few planets in their own sign.

not sure what happends re the houses they are in.

eg.

sun 1 deg virgo...cusp of leo ???

moon in cancer, but 10th house ??

mercury in virgo 1st house

venus in libra 2nd house

mars in cancer but 10th house

jupiter in pisces but in 6th house

saturn in aqa but in 5th house

wonder if they canx out the positive placement of the planets in detriment houses??

my chart
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=90&pictureid=413
I would count Moon in Cancer, Venus in Libra and MErcury in Virgo only,

Ataraxy
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi,

It's also an old astrological myth. The astrologers Firmicus Maternus, Manilius and Paul of Alexandria tell us about a secret shared by Hermes with Egyptian priests. Hermes told them about the positions of the planets when world was "born". So the priests got the chart of the world : the "Thema Mundi", world theme. In that chart Sun is in Leo 15, Moon in Cancer 15, Mercury in Virgo 15, Venus in Libra 15, Mars in Scorpio 15, Jupiter in Sagittarius 15 and Saturn in Capricorn 15. Those positions can't be real. It's a fictitious justification for the dignities : "Sun rules Leo because it was in Leo when world was born..."

I think the original latin version of the text can be found on the internet : in Matheseos, book III, chap I, written by Firmicus Maternus.

Frank
03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi,

It's also an old astrological myth. The astrologers Firmicus Maternus, Manilius and Paul of Alexandria tell us about a secret shared by Hermes with Egyptian priests. Hermes told them about the positions of the planets when world was "born". So the priests got the chart of the world : the "Thema Mundi", world theme. In that chart Sun is in Leo 15, Moon in Cancer 15, Mercury in Virgo 15, Venus in Libra 15, Mars in Scorpio 15, Jupiter in Sagittarius 15 and Saturn in Capricorn 15. Those positions can't be real. It's a fictitious justification for the dignities : "Sun rules Leo because it was in Leo when world was born..."

I think the original latin version of the text can be found on the internet : in Matheseos, book III, chap I, written by Firmicus Maternus.

By current researchers, the Thema Mundi is considered to be used more as a learning tool back then than be thought of as an actual chart. There was an interesting talk on this by Chris Brennan at the NCGR conference this past Sunday, just prior to my lecture. He lined out the way that the Thema Mundi also can show one the relationships amongst Sect, Exaltation, and Benefic/Malefic came to be determined.

SagiCap
03-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks for all your trouble in finding this question of mine, Frank. Sorry to put you through this. :pinched:

Inside Out Orange
03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I believe the planetary cycle is about 25,000 years so there's a lot of searching to do ...

kennedyrosewhith
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
It would be a lot of searching, especially when you need Pluto in Scorpio, Neptune in Pisces, and Uranus in Aquarius. The last time Pluto was in Scorpio (80s-90s, I think?), this line-up didn't exist. You'd have to go back a couple hundred years or so for another chance, unless you aren't considering outer planets, in which case the chart has already been found.

Frank
03-05-2010, 10:14 PM
It's not that difficult for me, really, because I only use the Classical Planrets in rulership schemes. I have had issues with the length of time it takes the software to calculate these times, however. Thus far, I've only been able to find the 1903 date.

This weekend, I'm going to break it into much smaller chunks by frist search for those periods when Jupiter and Saturn where in Domicile, then searching within those times for all in Domicile.

SagiCap
03-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm going to break it into much smaller chunks by frist search for those periods when Jupiter and Saturn where in Domicile, then searching within those times for all in Domicile.

Brilliant! A man with a plan!

eternalautumn
03-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Frank, I want to apologize. I did not mean to steal your thunder on this thread, and I hope no one else thinks that. It just so happened that I had found that chart a few weeks ago, and upon seeing this thread figured I might add to it. Please do not take my participation as an attack on you or anything like that.

dr. farr
04-12-2010, 04:23 AM
(Disclaimer: the following is presented as a curious item of general information ONLY)

Regarding the Thema Mundi (and its legends), certain esotericists* in the latter part of the 1800's stated that the origin of planetary rulership is from the actual (ie astronomical) order of planets in a loop from the Sun out to Saturn and then "falling" on the end of the return loop, just before returning to the Sun, down to what they called "the final creation", ie, the Moon. Starting with Leo and the Sun (Leo the beginning of the creation circle because, as the Thema Mundi states, the earth was created when the Sun was in Leo), this loop (or as those esotericists called it, "the creation circle") goes like this:
Leo: Sun ---Virgo:Mercury (astronomically 1st from Sun)---Libra:Venus---Scorpio:Mars---Sagittarius:Jupiter---Capricorn:Saturn (end of loop, circle curves back heading back toward Sun), thus: Aquarius:Saturn (start of return loop at the "farthest extremity" from Sun)---Pisces:Jupiter (astronomically 1st planet "back" from Saturn)---Aries:Mars---Taurus:Venus---Gemini:Mercury---(then the "circle" or "loop" falls to the "last creation")---Cancer:Moon (and from the Moon, falls to the earth)
Another term for this circle or loop was "the path of the creative arrow", shot from the Sun, "bouncing" and turned by Saturn (double rulerships of Capricorn and Aquarius), returning toward the Sun, then "falling" to the Moon(Cancer) and landing with its creational input, upon the earth.

*I won't mention them because of the problems which arose on another Forum when I began elaborating about this subject.

danman85
04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
The most interesting thing about the chart posted by Frank is that Aries is rising as well, I love it!