Clarification needed ?

Vin

Hello All,
I wanted a clarification for a basic assumption.
I assume that if a lord of a auspiscious house is placed in an inauspiscious house, it will produce bad results & vice-cersa. Is this true ?

2) I am a cancer ascendant & my saturn is the lord of 7th & 8th house. Both these houses are inauspiscious. Also saturn is placed with Mars in the 4th house. Is this a good placement of Saturn & should this apply the good effects of houses 7 & 8 for me ?

3) Mars is the lord of 5th & 10th house (yogakaraka) & is placed in the 4th house with saturn. I know since saturn being the lord of 8th spoils the raja-yoga. But is the placement of mars in the 4th house beneficial as the lord of the mentioned houses ? Does it have an impact on my married life ?

DOB: 15th jan 1984
POB: Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
TOB: 18:45:00

Please advice
Thanks for ur time
Vin

Kannan

Vin

Analysing your chart from KP angle I find Mars is in 3rd house and Saturn in 4. As such there is no combined effect of the malefics Saturn and Mars .They are far apart from each other. See chart. Both Mars and Saturn are controlled by sub-lord Jupiter who is in 5 in his own house and will be favourable. Further Saturn is exalted in Libra and strong. So relax.

Kannan

Vin

Thanks kannan
With regards to the presence of Saturn & mars together, you have pointed out that according the the KP angle analysis of my chart, mars is in 3rd house & saturn in 4th house. Can you shed some light abt the difference of analysis between the chart derived from KP angle vs my lagna chart ? Which chart takes more precedence.

Coz in my lagna chart mars & saturn is placed in 4th house together. I might not have complete visibility due to my limited knowledge too.
Will appreciate your clarification.
Thanks
Vin

Kannan

Vin

KP is a modern concept of Vedic astrology making use of Star Lords, Sublords and Ruling Planets necessary for accurate prediction .
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k_p_system/

KP follows Placidus house division as in Western astrology. Hence the difference in the house placement of Mars in your chart. Strictly speaking both Mars and Saturn are in the same sign of Libra, whether Traditional or KP, but in differnt houses as per KP

Kannan

Vin

Hey Kannan,
Thanks for the info.
One more clarification i need to understand whether a planet is benefic or malefic.
So consider my lagna chart - cancer ascendant, Now mars is a yogakaraka (lord of 5th & 10th house). However in the lagna chart it is placed with saturn in the 4th house.

Now while analysing the houses, for 5th house mars being its lord & placed in Libra (venus is lord) is a good placement (as venus is neutral to mars). However the presence of saturn is making the mars weak.

Similarly the same analysis for house 10. Is my understanding correct that if a lord of an auspiscious house is placed in an friendly sign & auspiscious sign then that planet is considered to be good & strong in the chart ?

Kindly analyze the placement of mars in my chart in terms of benefits from it & the houses it rules.

Your clarification is greatly appreciated.
Vin

Kannan

Vin

What you have written is all true in Traditioanal astrology.Two malefics in 4th house , Mars and Saturn , who are adverse to each other , are not considered a good disposition in Traditional astrology. But Mars being a yogakaraga to Cancer Asc. are suppopsed to be friendly to the native. But his associaton with Saturn might weaken his strength. However Mars and Saturn in your chart are away from each other so the conjuntion effect may not be quite significant. In KP Yogakara, Yoghas etc. are not considered important. A planet is said to be malefic if it is associated with 6 or 8 or 12 house . Mars in your case is the significater of 3,5,10,11 and as such will give beneficial results to you especially in career matters

Kannan

Last edited:

Vin

Thanks a lot kannan,
So basically looks like mars is a beneficial planet for my chart though its strength is weak.

1) Now i hv read that if a benefic planet is weakly placed in the chart, we can use its gemstones to strengthen it & thus reap its benefits. Do u have an opinion on this ?

2) Also in my chart Saturn is a malefic planet as it is the lord of 7th & 8th house as per lagna chart. However some of the astrologers have told me that since saturn is well placed in the 4th chart, I will get enjoy the properties that house 7 & 8 represent.

Instead for cancer ascendants if saturn is ill-placed, it will create a lot of problems as 7 (house of marriage, partnership) & 8 (house of accidents & losses) house will not yield benefits to the native.

What do you think about this & is saturn well-placed in my chart ?

3) Finally if Saturn is well placed in my chart but a malefic planet for my ascendant, what will be its behavior (beneficial or malefic) during its mahadasa (2027 - 2046) & what kind of benefits or malefic effects will be experienced during the dasa ?

Thanks a lot for your already supplied information.
It enhances my knowledge greatly.
Thanks
Vin

Kannan

Saturn is in the constellation and sub of Jupiter and will give the results of Jupiter first, then only Saturn's. Thus he is the significater of 4,5,6,7,8 ,9 houses. This means he will give varied and mixed resuts during the period of his operation depending on the sub-periods of the different planets.

Kannan