PDA

View Full Version : Terms vs. Face

eternalautumn
02-27-2010, 07:03 PM
My question is why are terms, which are one fifth (unequal divisions) of a sign, a stronger dignity than face, which is one third (equal divisions) of a sign? It doesn't make sense to me. In a lot of my reading I have noticed face is not really used that much, and that usually terms are more important. Why is this? Thanks in advance for some clarification. :smile:

Claire19
02-28-2010, 03:09 AM
My question is why are terms, which are one fifth (unequal divisions) of a sign, a stronger dignity than face, which is one third (equal divisions) of a sign? It doesn't make sense to me. In a lot of my reading I have noticed face is not really used that much, and that usually terms are more important. Why is this? Thanks in advance for some clarification. :smile:
Quite honestly I dont use the terms face or term, it is rather old fashioned
and out of date. I just concentrate on the aspects beween planets etc.
I notice that the Rosicrucian lessons use those words and in general they are very good lessons but as I say outmoded. We all use different terms for astrology and although I am a traditional astrologer I keep things as simple as possible with a very complex art and science. I also dont use words like fall, dignity, detriment as they give a rather wrong impression.
I have been practising astrology for 30 years and we all use different approaches but hopefully with the same basic tenets that never change.
I do not use the words malefic and benefic nor masculine and feminine but rather yin and yang especially in the modern age where stereotyping is frowned upon and this is a Uranian thing which also rules astrology which suggests we are always evolving with the Aquarian age,. against sexism etc......

:happy:

Claire19
02-28-2010, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE=Claire19;189407]Quite honestly I dont use the terms face or term, it is rather old fashioned and out of date. I just concentrate on the aspects beween planets etc. I notice that the Rosicrucian lessons use those words and in general they are very good lessons but as I say outmoded. We all use different terms for astrology and although I am a traditional astrologer I keep things as simple as possible with a very complex art and science. I also dont use words like fall, dignity, detriment as they give a rather wrong impression.
I have been practising astrology for 30 years and we all use different approaches but hopefully with the same basic tenets that never change.
I do not use the words malefic and benefic nor masculine and feminine but rather yin and yang especially in the modern age where stereotyping is frowned upon and this is a Uranian thing which also rules astrology which suggests we are always evolving with the Aquarian age,. against sexism etc......

eternalautumn
02-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Thank you Olivia for the excellent info! Just what I needed. :smile:

starlink
02-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Why Terms are stronger than face I have NO idea, but it is a good question!

Face is comparable with our Decanates (10 apart) and terms with the Dwads (2.5).
Maybe because a 6 distance between them(terms) is more condensed than every 10 (face)? bringing more emphasis on the first?

I read in an article by Susan Custer that Term is a weak dignity. A planet in term needs apparently the help of another planet because it cannot put up his own effort to act. The planet describes a person who is not gifted or strong enough, even though he does his very best. Strength +2. Native could loose interest.

With Face there seems to be no interest at all to do your best or achieve your goal. There should be strong support anywhere else in the chart to make this person get interested or act. There could be indifference or lack of energy. Strength +1

Personally I never looked at these dignities and debilities in Moders astrology. I was not taught this. I would be looking at Decanates and Dwads and then only when dealing with twins, in order to find some differences, but I must admit, that including the dignities and debilities, one gets deeper insight. I am inclined more often now to look into this.