2 or 3 yod's?

kazman32

Hello, I have been trying to learn to study chart's better, and have taken a close look at mine. I knew I had 2 yod's already in my 5th house (neptune,mars,saturn) and in my 10th house(saturn.uranus,neptune) but looking at how close my venus and mars conj are, would another yod be formed between (neptune,venus and saturn)? you can see the 2 broken green line's in my chart pointing to mars and venus, I'm a complete n00b still..but could someone look and give me more insight please?

kazman32

forgot my chart:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    75.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Hello there! :happy:

You actually have what is known as a bathtub configuration (see EJ53's post in the thread The Finger Of God. (Yod); the word bathtub will be bolded in red). I've been studying astrology for almost four years now, and I didn't learn the name of this configuration until a few days ago. Basically, it's when two yods share a "side."

Your chart is similar to mine in that you have you have a stellium involved in one of the points of the yod; however, not all of these planets are within orb for the quincunx aspects, represented by the dotted green lines. You can see which planets are within orb (using Astrodienst's orbs, of course, which tend to be a bit wide for major aspects but not too wide for quincunxes, in my opinion) by consulting the chart on the bottom. Find two planets you think may be in the configuration, and then check to see if there's this symbol where the column and the row meet:
quincunx.gif
. If the image does not show, check the Astrology Glyphs page on the main website and look at the symbol that appears next to the word Quincunx. It should be the eighth one down, under Glyphs of aspects.

Just in case you need a little help, you have two distinct yods in your natal chart:

1) Uranus in Virgo :)uranus::virgo:) sextile :)sextile:) Neptune in Scorpio :)neptune::scorpio:) as the base, both quincunx (
quincunx.gif
) Saturn in Aries :)saturn::aries:).

2) Sun/Venus/Mars conjunction :)sun::conjunct::venus::conjunct::mars:)--NOT Mercury :mercury:--in Gemini :)gemini:) sextile :)sextile:) Saturn in Aries :)saturn::aries:), both quincunx (
quincunx.gif
) Neptune in Scorpio :)neptune::scorpio:).

Keep in mind that the energies of the Sun/Venus/Mars conjunction are blended, and Mercury MAY have some effect as well since it is conjunct these planets--although it's technically out-of-orb of the quincunx aspect. It forms a biquintile aspect to Neptune, instead.

I understand that this is A LOT to absorb if you're a beginner, but your chart is complex.

Good luck in your studies!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

dhundhun

Geometrically there are two distinct YODs.

But there are other factors, such as a powerful stellium in Gemini, un-aspeced moon in Pisces - if Neptune becomes insignificant in life, both YODs becomes ineffective.

Arian Maverick

How did you make that happen, AM?

I conducted a forum search for the word "bathtub," and when I clicked on the link to the thread in the search results, this happened automatically. I believe one may be able to highlight a specifc word that appears in a thread without conducting this search, however; simply change the URL to reflect this pattern. I'll use the URL of the Yod link as an example, as it appears in my post. Keep in mind, this is WITH the red highlights for the word "bathtub":

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22516&highlight=bathtub

Here is the link WITHOUT the red highlights

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22516

Do you see the difference? I believe you simply add &highlight=word at the end of the URL. Of course, word = whatever word you wish to highlight.

EDIT: Alright, posting the exact link obviously isn't working; the site automatically abbreviates it and creates a hyperlink. Just look at the address at the top of the thread and add &highlight=bathtub immediately after the last number.

Geometrically there are two distinct YODs.

But there are other factors, such as a powerful stellium in Gemini, un-aspeced moon in Pisces - if Neptune becomes insignificant in life, both YODs becomes ineffective.

I've never heard of this before. Will both yods become ineffective if Neptune becomes insignificant in life BECAUSE of the unaspected Pisces Moon, or for another reason--perhaps due to its placement in the yod configurations?

Also, I suppose you do not include minor aspects such as the semi-sextile in your designation of the Moon as unaspected?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

dhundhun

I've never heard of this before. Will both yods become ineffective if Neptune becomes insignificant in life BECAUSE of the unaspected Pisces Moon, or for another reason--perhaps due to its placement in the yod configurations?

When you are in home on fire, you save yourself or your belongings. There are some important things in chart, which might drift native away from influence of Neptune. Those things are stellium or un aspected Moon. Now this is my interpretation which is effective for entire life. It is kazman32 to validate, how it has happened so far in life and experience in future whether it is working YODs way or stellium way or un-aspected moon way.

EJ53

Banned
...could someone look and give me more insight please?
We can only offer guidance on "how to attempt an interpretation yourself", Kazman......because (as with all natal astrology) only the chart owner can know (from experience) which of the many and very diverse planet/sign/house keywords actually apply to the chart......So to "get it right", you have to do it yourself (or have a one-to-one consultation with a competent astrologer).

With that in mind, this is how I would do a "cold reading" of your bathtub configuration :-

First interpret the meaning of the two yods......Uranus in Virgo/3rd+Neptune in Scorpio/5th+Saturn in Aries/10th perhaps indicating original and imaginative thinking (Uranus/Neptune) can lead to rewarding innovations in your career (Saturn)......and Sun/Venus/Mars in Gemini/11th+Saturn in Aries/10th+Neptune in Scorpio/5th maybe suggesting that lessons learned from people you interact with in your career (Sun/Venus/Mars+Saturn) can lead to innovation/"the birth of new creations" (Neptune).

Next, link the two yods via their common qcx......Struggling (qcx) to use deeply creative imagination (Neptune in Scorpio/5th) for pioneering but practical purposes (Saturn in Aries/10th).

Then, consider how the bathtub characteristics might apply to you......The qcx/open top relates to Saturn/Neptune (restriction of imagination) and faces the DC (partners), whose Aquarius cusp is duplicated on 8th house (and therefore "overemphasised")......perhaps suggesting a tendency to "simplify" life by not putting forward your ideas in working groups.

Finally, attempt a synthesis of these interpretations......maybe concluding that the key to your career success lies in becoming more confident about revealing your Neptunian thinking to colleagues.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
...you simply add &highlight=word at the end of the URL. Of course, word = whatever word you wish to highlight.
Thanks, AM.......(I've highlighted Neptune on this thread, as a test...and because of the importance of this planet to Kazman)

...There are some important things in chart, which might drift native away from influence of Neptune. Those things are stellium or un aspected Moon....
Yes......Successful activation of the yods requires Kazman to become confident about his Neptunian thinking......The Stellium leads him away from such thinking (to "too rational" Mercury/Gemini) and so could the unaspected Moon in Pisces (to "too emotional")......So, Kazman does indeed need to beware of "drifting away from the influence of Neptune".

Extremely well-fielded, Dhundhun!

Last edited:

imo

very interesting post! thanks for all the info! I would like to ask you if you could take a look at my chart and see how many yods I have.. I think there are 4, but on the other hand, 4 yods seem a lot, right? I think they are the following:
1) pluto (apex)- Jupiter, Mars(base)
2)Jupiter(apex)- pluto, neptune(base)
3)mars(apex)-sun,pluto(base)
4)sun(apex)-mars, neptune
What do you think? Thanks a lot! :sideways:

Attachments

• natal_wheel_2.php.png
    natal_wheel_2.php.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 33

Arian Maverick

Can you please post a standard Astrodienst chart without all of the aspects? The chart you posted confuses me, and it appears to use wide orbs for quincunx aspects. Five degrees is a large orb for a quincunx aspect, in my opinion; the maximum orb should be two or three degrees. Therefore, I would disregard the "quincunx" between Jupiter and Pluto. I believe that knocks out the first two yods...

3)mars(apex)-sun,pluto(base)

I believe this may be a legitmate yod.

4)sun(apex)-mars, neptune

This is not a yod because Mars is square Neptune--not sextile Neptune. Two planets must be sextile each other a quincunx a third to form a yod configuration.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

imo

sure, sorry about that! many thanks for your reply, really! can I ask sth else as well? how is called the aspect between Saturn and Jupiter, specifically when jupiter has sextiles with some planets, then saturn has quincunxes with the same planets and Jupiter.. should we talk about yod in this case? Thank you very much for your reply!!
showgif.cgi

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_nasia.81892.3487.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_nasia.81892.3487.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Arian Maverick

sure, sorry about that! many thanks for your reply, really!

Ah, thank you! Yes, according to the Astrodienst orbs, you have one yod--Sun sextile Pluto, both quincunx Mars.

can I ask sth else as well? how is called the aspect between Saturn and Jupiter, specifically when jupiter has sextiles with some planets, then saturn has quincunxes with the same planets and Jupiter.. should we talk about yod in this case?

According to the Astrodienst chart, there is no aspect between Saturn and Jupiter.

Jupiter is only sextile Mars in this chart. Mars forms a square aspect to Neptune, and Neptune forms a quincunx to Jupiter. I assume this is the configuration you are referring to? This is not a yod, but it may have another name...

Arian Maverick

EJ53

Banned
...Jupiter is only sextile Mars in this chart. Mars forms a square aspect to Neptune, and Neptune forms a quincunx to Jupiter. I assume this is the configuration you are referring to? This is not a yod, but it may have another name...
The Hubers call this a "Large Learning Triangle", AM/Imo......[Page 201 of Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber/Michael Alexander Huber.]......The planets/signs/houses show what is being learned.

imo

Thank you very much Alan and EJ53! This aspect has a friend of mine in his chart and I'm curious to learn more! an astrologer from magi society calls it 'fallen angel' aspect and I'm trying to find the connection! :happy:

EJ53

Banned
...An astrologer from magi society calls it 'fallen angel' aspect and I'm trying to find the connection! :happy:
I don't know anything about the magi society "fallen angel", but the Learning Triangle is about "raising consciousness"......So, we could speculate that the "fallen angels" must raise their consciousness/Soul awareness in order to escape from the cycle of reincarnation.