Torah Bright Wins Gold at Vancouver

Solastro

A "star" rising.. Yes.. she is a Capricorn Sun conj Neptune.. born Dec 27, 1986 in Cooma NSW, Australia. (Time unknown) And at the time of her winning the gold medal, a Sun event or symbol.. she has *Pluto in Capricorn conjunct her natal Sun-Neptune.. So clearly Pluto is not always the bad guy.. as astrologer Steve Forrest would say.. Though perhaps only it seems that way if we have not been facing up to the reality of our lives & need a bit of a "wake-up" call.. eg. like Tiger Woods.. While I also note Australian supermodel Jennifer Hawkins also has a Sun-Neptune conjunction.. but in the less down to Earth sign of Sagittarius.. but there is still the element of "glamour" attached to it all nontheless.. ie. Neptune.

See
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/torah-bright-takes-home-gold-in-vancouver-20100219-okz8.html
& http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah_Bright

**NB: The Gold Medal decided Feb 19, 2010, at 1.58pm AEST, Melbourne time...

Meanwhile here is a quote from my Matrix 'Win*Star Express' program on the transit of *Pluto conj Sun..

"An ultra-intense time, during which you may eliminate a lot that is superficial or unessential in your life. A deep & lasting change in your ambition & life goals could evolve. A time of very hard work, cutting through appearances down to the quick."

While Torah also said after her victory that she knew she could do what she wanted to do since she had done it so many times in practice & other competitions.. So she just looked down at all the Aussie supporters & said to herself.. I'm going to really enjoy this.. & just have some fun.. And all this after crashing in her first run & being in last place going into the final run.. Meanwhile two weeks out from the games she also had a serious crash which may have threatened her Olympic bid...

Meanwhile I'm not sure if I'd call her a "Celebrity" in the common sense of the word.. She's too down to Earth to fit that mold.. being a Capricorn Sun.. & she's really not that famous.. And yet in the world of women's snowboarding she certainly is a shining light.. recently winning the X-Games & US Open titles to add to her other wins in previous years.. Another Aussie sports "star" on the international stage.. Well our national chart does have *Jupiter in Sagittarius.. ie. born to be a star internationally.. also a Capricorn Sun country like the UK.. our parent land...

Meanwhile her *prog Jupiter in Pisces also applying to closely align with her *prog Mars in Pisces.. some kind of big event in ones life.. ie. Jupiter.. aligned with Mars for sport.. while both also closely sextile *the Capricorn Nth Node.. While *Venus in Pisces closely trine her natal *Pluto in Scorpio.. along with *Mars(r) in Leo also closely trine her natal *Ceres in Sagittarius.. Mars relating to physical activity etc.. Leo putting her in the spotlight.. Ceres is the great earth mother.. Sagittarius relating to sport & foriegn places.. & expansive expriences etc.. Meanwhile all this too with *the Aries Moon.. symbolising a female athlete performing at her peak.. also almost exactly sextile transiting *Chiron-Neptune in Aquarius.. while all also likewise closely trine & sextile her *Sol-Arc Ceres in Sagittarius too..

While I also note *the Sabian Symbol for her natal Sun.. at *5degCap..

INDIANS ON THE WARPATH, WHILE SOME MEN ROW A WELL-FILLED CANOE, OTHERS IN IT PERFORM A WAR DANCE.. The mobilisation of physical & emotional energies in a Spirit of conquest.. The group life demands constant activity & challenges in order to remain healthy.. AGGRESSIVENESS...

(Dane Rudhayr's 'An Astrolgical Mandala: The Cycle of Transformation & It's 360 Symbolic Phases')

While the archetype of Capricorn also needs to have a sense of big achievement in ones life as well.. So here she is also showing the way for us all too in that regard...

Go Torah go.. shine your light.. "Bright"...

Last edited:

Claire19

To me the word "Celebrity" has a superficial connotation and often the persons with that tag are not great contributors or of substance in any way.

She is more a woman's sports icon I guess. She may have Sagittarius rising or it could be Leo. Being born in Cooma she would be a snow bunny from way back. The Sun conjunct Neptune is the ice and water... THe Capricorn is the discipline needed to achieve.

Hoorah for Torah!!!!:happy:

Solastro

Yes, the difference between being a celebrity.. or well known person in a grounded way, is I guess having enough Earth in ones chart perhaps.. Perhaps well symbolised by someone like George Clooney.. a Taurus Sun.. or Katherine Hepburn.. also a Taurus.. versus not having it.. like Jennifer Hawkins.. a Sagittarian.. or Marilyn Munroe.. a Gemini..

Of course the Moon sign will also have a major bearing on all this too.. & it's phase to the Sun.. a waxing sextile or 'last quarter type'.. a harmonious aspect.. While this also suggests she's also in a winding up phase & returning to Source again.. ie. letting go while simultaneously sharing what she has learned with the Collective, another 12th house or Neptune symbol.. moving in harmony with Source energy.. Neptune.. of which she seems to embody naturally.. Sun-Neptune. While Torah also either has a Libra or Scorpio Moon depending on birth time...

Yes snow or ice I guess could be related to Capricorn.. since it's a cold sign.. ie. being ruled by Saturn. Capricorn also being the sign of the mountain & or sea-goat.. where snow is usually found in mountains. Yes also Sun-Neptune, water again. Plus she has natal*Mars conj Jupiter in Pisces.. a water sign.

Ok then...