For a career in med...

vfrancy5

Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out what it means to have the Sun conjunct Mars in the 9th house (sign Taurus) and Jupiter in the 3rd house (sign Scorpio) in terms of a career in medicine. Does anyone know or have the same? I'll be starting the process of applying to med schools very soon and I've developed an interest in understanding my natal planetary aspects. :) Thanks!

If it helps:
DOB 5/30/83
1:17pm
Caguas, Puerto Rico.

wilsontc

Staff member
Other planets

francy,

I wouldn't focus on those planets or houses for medical interests. Instead, perhaps it is your Pluto (transformation, also healing) conjunct (energy is combined with) Saturn (duty, also career) focused in the 2nd house (physical) that might have you interested in becoming a doctor.

Guessing,

Tim

lilllybelle

Hey, There was some studies done a while back by this guy on what aspects showed up the most in certain professions. I believe that it was mars aproaching the acs. for doctors. I might have that mixed up. I know that doesn't quite answer your question, but you should take the time to google those studies. They are quite interesting. I can't remember the guys name. Someone else will know who I am talking about. This guy researched 40,000 charts or something like that. I believe his findings, but when other scientist tryed to duplicate his findings they weren't able to get the same results. Anyway, he found certain aspects showed up in higher frequency in the charts of doctors. I think his name was gallein and he was french and he lived in the 40's or 50's. Lilllybelle

Hi,

Your Midheaven which rules career is Gemini - so Mercury rules the M.C

Mercury in Taurus Trines Virgo Ascendant - You have practical sense, and your a steady worker. Virgo is connected to the 6th house so there can be interests in health/healing and being of service to others. You have little trouble in percieving clearly what is happening around you, and in conveying your interpretation of it to anyone you come into contact with. You are an excellent stimulating communicator.

Mercury in 8th house - Mental capabilities root out hidden information and the deep cause that are responsible for what appears on the surface.

Mercury Trine Moon - You have an instinctive awareness of the day-to-day workings of people and life in general. This could be called the common touch, and favours any occupation where you have to deal with the public on their own level.

Pluto Trine M.C - Your power potential may be used to further your proffession, or your career could well involve psychology, metaphysics, healing, or wielding some sort of power.

Sun and Mars in 9th - Drive and energy. Can indicate further education, it is important for you to find a meaning to your life, and gain a sense that everything is ultimately going somewhere.

With Mercury Ruling the M.C, Mercury in Taurus ( Physical body ) placed in the 8th house rooting out deep causes that are responsible for what appears on the surface. I would say this strongly indicates your need to go into the Medical Proffession.

Miss S

Last edited:

vfrancy5

Thanks for your replies! I feel in my heart I want to practice medicine and can't imagine doing anything else. The most difficult step, I guess, is getting accepted to med school first! :D

In addition, from what I was told before, the Sun conjunct Mars helps give the strenght necessary to make it through that kind of profession - I may be petite and all, but I'm a though cookie! :cool: