PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse falls on my Mars conj. MC

anyamirjami
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi I'm new to this forum, although 'old' to astrology.
I would like input on the effects of the upcoming eclipse tomorrow.
My Mars is at 24 and a bit Cap in 9th, MC is 26 and bit in Cap, so the Eclipse falls right between the two.

I think this is to do with new career direction/publishing/ men in general in my life. I know I have to look at the whole picture of prog/tran etc., but any comments? THANKS

anyamirjami
01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I shd point out that this comes in the aftermath of a long transit over my 7th house Venus (=divorce), pr. Sun opposite natal Uranus from 9th to 3rd, among others. The Cancer eclipse heralded permanent leaving and moving for my marriage.

milkywaygirl
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
hi anya, this eclipse is part of saros series 12 north, here is the interpretation that bernadette brady gave for the series:

"opportunities to accept greater responsibilities can come suddenly into the life. these new commitments will most likely come as a result of another individual being unable to carry on. although the events which herald these opportunities may be difficult, the outcomes in terms of harmony or self esteem are good"

here is the info for the chart of the "birth" of this eclipse series:

may 19 1613 17:58:33 gmt north pole

saturn sextile new moon
venus = node
new moon = ma/sa = me/pl

are you considering changes in your career at the moment? my analyst is also an astrologer and i was speaking to her the other day about this upcoming eclipse and she suggested to me to consider doing a new moon ritual with some declarations of what i would like to manifest in my life, in consideration of the nature of this eclipse (it conjuncts my natal venus). maybe try it out as well and harness this energy while you can, might as well make it work for you, rather than letting it "work you", so to speak.

anyamirjami
01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks milkywaygirl. I hadn't read the other threads in this before I posted and wanted feedback on this for my own chart, but I know the other threads are helpful now that I found them. I have heard of Saros cycles but don't know much about them; will check out. I have recently started to write for real, articles for MONEY , ok very little but it still is paid work, I even have a press card! It's what I always wanted to do, and I think this is a continuation of it. I have had good feedbakc, and want to finish my novel. Come to think of it, this may be a good time to offer my novel idea for publishings, I know of one that wants to have the outline and chapter example and not the whole thing, on the web, got it from a published friend. THAT's what I'll do! Anyway, it's a thought. RE. new moon ritual, have you read New Moon Astrology by ??? forget name now. It's great book about that and I will do that as well. Thanks. My first thought about an eclipse on such an important point at the top of my chart may be chaos... based on old ancient astrology ...

milkywaygirl
01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
RE. new moon ritual, have you read New Moon Astrology by ??? forget name now. It's great book about that and I will do that as well. Thanks. My first thought about an eclipse on such an important point at the top of my chart may be chaos... based on old ancient astrology ...

hi anya! no i havent read that, i will google it thanks for the tip. i'm going to go out on a limb here, and i know many on this forum are into older systems of astrology, but my approach has always been to work with more current ideas and techniques and approaches, as we're living in today, not thousands of years ago. then again, whatever works for you works for you! that whole, "it will bring strife and badness" approach to astrology has never appealed to me.

anyamirjami
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for your replies. The author is Jan Spiller. She's written both New Moon Astrology and Astrology for the Soul. Great books. The latter focuses on how to interpret the nodes as indicative of the WHOLE chart. Great stuff, makes so much sense. How do you get to be Senior memeber, btw? Noone else has bothered to reply me at all.. sob.

milkywaygirl
01-18-2010, 11:53 PM
haha, i dont know how you get to be a senior member, thats a question better asked to one of the mods, i just post here :) and dont worry about no one responding to you, sometimes people dont respond to me either! i wouldnt take it personally.

EJ53
01-19-2010, 03:43 AM
...How do you get to be Senior member, btw?
When you've made 100 posts on the forum, the system automatically designates you as a "senior member"......(So, in terms of astrological knowledge, these members range from the absolute novice to the highly experienced professional.)