PDA

View Full Version : Depression please help!!!!!!!!!

Katles
06-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Sorry me again.

17 August 1984 at 4.55am in St Peter Port Guernsey, Channel Islands.

Please help. I am 21 and have been suffering from depression since I was young and lately it has gotten a lot lot worse. I have been out of work for a year and a half now. I don't go out at all and I live on my own. I also have trouble with emotional eating and have put on a lot of weight. I do have counselling but it dosent seem to help. Can anyone please tell me why they think I have depression are there indications in my chart and does anyone have a suggestion for an activity to do to help me feel better, by my interests in my chart. Also can anyone predict a time when things might change and get a bit better for me.

I also get paranoid and I have got very jealous of my old friend who is also a Leo, becasue she has a really good life and dosn't bother with me anymore.

Thanks

Empath
06-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Katles,

This isn't an astrological response, but it is one that holds much truth and hope. Frankly, if you are experiencing depression, telling you that you'll feel better in July because of a harmonious planetary alignment won't be of help to you, because passively waiting for life to change will not change it. You must learn to dance with the emotions and issues in your life that created this state.

My experience with depressed people is very clear that as long as the depressed person is passive, the hole gets deeper. Once the depressed person accepts responsibility for personal well being and acts proactively, "miracles" occur.

Your depression -- no matter what the physical, astrological, or situational triggers -- is ultimately spun from a worldview of lack and belief in what you are lacking. Your focus on what is wrong strengthens the belief that something is wrong.

While therapy and brain meds will alleviate symptoms and offer critical care help during troubled times, to liberate yourself from depression, you need to shift the paradigm in your emotional state.

For starters, focus and have gratitude about what is going right for you -- for example, maybe you've gained weight but you are still healthy and can see and hear and type and walk...

Many blessings abound in life. You must take responsibility for your own well being. Ask and It Is Given by Esther Hicks gives excellent, practical steps for moving from depression to well being. She made a video (1.5 hours) and it is available free at the link below. Everything you need to know about creating well being is in this video. I highly recommend viewing and applying the principles, and repeating the effort continuously.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8958231188734018006&q=the+secret+duration%3Along+is%3Afree

Know that you are a beautiful, blessed being!
Be well!
Create a Wonderful Reality!

wilsontc
06-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Katles,

You have Moon (home, also emotions) conjunct Midheaven (outer world) opposite (energy is over-excited by) Pluto (transformation, also power, control) conjunct (energy is combined with) Nadir (inner world). This seems to indicate that you have a strong emotional reaction to the outer world which overpowers you inwardly. As empath has mentioned focusing on your emotional attachment to what you don't have in the outer world creates a strong, powerful reaction in you.

The function of Pluto on the Nadir is to help you get rid of the things you don't need in your life, but by trying to hang on to them you are increasing the pressure upon yourself inwardly. Practice letting go of things you don't need any more and of releasing yourself from any emotional fixation on the outer world. You are who you are no matter what the outer world does. Your identity as a person does not change simply because something changes "out there". Hold onto this awareness, accept the natural changes and, as empath suggests, you can take control of and become powerful in your inner awareness of yourself.

Powerfully,

Tim

archergirl
06-12-2006, 12:00 AM
I would also strongly recommend you visit Eric Francis' 'Astrology Secrets Revealed' on Jonathan Cainer's website (http://www.cainer.com, every Friday). Eric deals very sensitively with the topic of depression and how it relates to one's chart. Further, I would recommend you read Liz Greene's 'Relating' if you can find a copy; it discusses archetypes in personal psychology from an astrological viewpoint and, although a heavy read at times, is full of some real gems. She also does a psychological chart you can buy on the Astrodienst site, if you can spend a pretty penny on it. (Am I allowed to say that on here? Apologies if not!)

After doing one or the other or both of these things, I would recommend that you look at your relationship to your mother and father (whatever family style you actually grew up with), and their relationship to one another. The 10th rules 'mother' and the 4th 'father', and I have found that people with planets in either or both of these houses generally have some serious issues with their parents and in what manner they were raised. The 4th, (and you have a loaded 4th house) is all about childhood, and you have Pluto there, which speaks to me of hidden or not so hidden power struggles during your childhood, especially between your mother and father or your 'ideas' about them. Our entire worldview is shaped by our parents from our first breath, and people whose parents were seen to have colliding worldviews (seen from the perspective of a child, who has no other frame of reference than what they are given at the time) often grow up feeling very conflicted within themselves. Depression is but a symptom of a much deeper conflict. Bring it to light, recognise it, learn to work with it, and the depression will subside.

Best of luck.

Katles
06-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your answers

I read on another thread, somone said thier parents split up and and they have Mars in the forth house. I have that two and mum and dad split up 2 years ago.

When I read about my birthchart things about my dad rung true. It said that he would be inacessable or out of reach and he was he worked really long hours or was in the shed. Now he lives in Thailand.

Delboy's right and I don't like talking to male counsellers, so thats wierd and I have a really bad problem of not giving up on people even if they don't respect me and I hate being alone.

Oh well.

:o

AquariusMoon
07-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Hello. Here's a promo e-zine that has a lengthy article called Astrological Factors of Depression and some suggestions. The article starts on pp. 12.

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/majorskyjuly06promo.pdf

AqMoon

outoforb
09-04-2006, 05:32 AM
Hi Katles,

I brought up Leo Rising for you as well as Leo Sun, is that correct? I just want to make sure I've punched in all the right info.

If that's correct transiting Saturn is in your 1st house opposite Neptune which can have a very depressing, lonely effect. Also, your progressed Moon has just passed over Neptune as well so emotionally you're very easy to hurt right now. I don't want to comment too much because I still don't know if the chart I'm using is correct. I forgot to notice if this is squaring that Moon/Pluto opposition on your IC/MC in your chart but if it's anywhere close, then that's just a real drag for you. It explains your parents' divorce for sure. All feelings of control concerning MC/IC which you hold on to are under major tension. Empath's advice was really excellent.

There are so many transits/progressions going on for you right now that I'd like to ask about.

First, if I have the correct Rising Sign for you, I've noticed that your progressed Ascendant has been conjunct your natal Sun. That could be difficult if you are not happy with how you express your ego especially if you're a Double Leo. The purpose would be to coax you into looking for better ways to express your Sun/Ego. With Saturn moving up to conjunct your Sun too I think you might have to really be both practical and patient with yourself. It can be great for gaining discipline to lose weight though because it's in your First House.

Also, I've noticed that natally you have Mercury Retrograde and your Progressed Sun has been passing over that. Coincidentally, Mercury has been Retrograde by Progression your whole life up until about a year and a half ago. AND it is right at the end of Leo/beginning of Virgo. I think this could be a time when you begin to take on healthier thinking processes. You might suffer an ego loss at the beginning degrees of Virgo, some good old Virgo insecurities, but you will begin to look at things with analytical abilities and begin to think in more practical terms especially regards your health and nutrition. This last Mercury stuff holds up even if I don't have your corrrect Ascendant and I think it shows some promise for slowly and steadily getting on your feet. Do you write in a journal? Make sure to use lots of colored pens if you really are a double Leo. Hope this helps.