The Quintile

johan

Hi everyone.

The quintile.I have red about it and it is connected to the pentagram and the golden ratio.
I have two of them:Jupiter(H1,Libra)-Mars(H3,Sagittarius)
Pluto(H12,Virgo)-Moon(H10 Cancer)
But they are not exact:about 1-2 degrees.

What are your thoughts about it in general and in my specific situation?
And because of the perfect numerological relation does it work out being 1-2 degrees out of orb?

Please share your thoughts and maybe your experience with a quintile in your birthchart,how it works for you!

Greetings Johan

Mary

"Minor" aspects

I have three quintiles in my chart, three semiquintiles and four biquintiles.
As far as I know it the creative way to mix and relate the enery of the planets in signs affected. Quintile (72º), biquintile (144º) and semiquintile (36º) act in a similar way.

I´ll search for more info, in the meantime search for septiles (51,4285º), biseptiles (102,857º), trispetiles (154,285º) and noviles (40º), binoviles(80º) and quatrinoviles(160º) in your chart. These are "benevolous" the sesquiquadrature (135º), and semiquadrature (45º) are more frictional, active, energetic.

These are very interestind and not less important eventhough they are consider as "minor" along with the semisextile (30º) and inconjucnt (150º). Actually they act in a more subtle way but noticeable, and they give a lot of more detalis about the individual. I use them with a near exact orb (1,5º to 2º) for septile, quintile, novile, semisextile, inconjucnt, sesquiquatrature and semiquadrature and less than 1º for the rest.

Good luck and see you soon...

johan

Thanks Mary,for the additional information on all the other aspects.I do have an official birthchart(ordered it by the Dutch branch of Astrodienst)with all the aspects and a lot more information.Very thorough!
There is also the vigintiel(English vigintile?),an aspect of 18 degrees.

As far as I know it is the creative way to mix and relate the energy of the planets in signs affected.
I am very curious what your thoughts are about my quintiles and yours!

Looking forward to your findings about the quintile in general and to our personal quintiles,

Greetings Johan.

Mary

johan, I´ve found this info about you quintiles:

Moon Quintile or Bi-Quintile Pluto

Most likely you enjoy movies, plays, books, poems, and other works that treat issues like death, jealousy, or the psychological depths and complexities of people. You have the ability to express deep feelings creatively. You may also have an interest in many kinds of art and music, particularly primitive or very expressive art forms.

Maybe since you moon is in cancer in the 10th, maybe this maybe a great resource for you professional interest... which, would you say, it´s your profesion?

Mars Quintile or Bi-Quintile Jupiter

You are very good at finding creative solutions to problems. Rather than following the prescribed, well-traveled path, you have a talent for finding a creative way to reach your goals. You enjoy making strategies and creative plans. You do not measure success in terms of totaling assets but rather in the ability to develop and grow in areas that are interesting, creative, entertaining, or cultural

johan

Mary,not very satisfying,these descriptions.Maybe because the houses are not involved into this description?Do your quintiles match with the descriptions this source gives?
See you later,I don't have much time right now.

P.S.Does other people on the forum have any ideas about it and especially with having quintiles in your birthchart?I find it a very interesting aspect!Wanna know how it works for me!

Lorielle

I never paid much attention to them until I started reading Noel Tyl's book on vocation. He talks a lot in the book about Quintiles.

sam

I have a tight quintile (1 degree) between Pluto and Moon as well. I also have have Mercury quintile midheaven (2 degrees, depends on what birth time I use) and Mars biquintile Jupiter (1 degree).

Do many of you feel this is a powerful aspect? I think the "minor" aspects are overlooked sometimes. I feel like the semisquares in my chart, for example, are just as powerful as the squares.

Lorielle

Here is what Noel Tyl says about the Quintile.

The Quintile aspect is an aspect that very often gains particularly strong expression within the choice of vocation. The Quintile is the aspect of the fith harmonic ( 360/5=72) and is one of the ways we register creative faculty. I recommend using an orb of 2.5 degrees.

A horoscope with three or more quintiles, no matter where they occur or what planets or points are involved, will almost invariably command some creative outlet in the life. Of course, this expression would ideally be focused in the work one does. But if such vocational focus is not achieved in the life, it will shwo up in a hobby, which can be obsessive, or in day-to-day pining, dreaming, longing for creative outlet. Suppression of the creative, in such a case, is usually related to dysfuncitonal parent-child relationship early on in life, not seeing the qualities in the child, not fostering the child's expressive needs.

Actors Dustin Hoffmann and Jodie Foster have 6 Quintiles each; Arthur Ashe, Whoopi Goldberg, Aretha Franklin, Mel Gibson (5); Jane Fonda, Jimmy Carter, Jay Leno, Marlon Brando (4); Einstein, Placido Domongo. But make not: while an abundance of quintiles definitely gives prominence to the need for creative exression vocationally, a small number or no quintile measurement does not suggest the absence of creativity (a prominent Neptune can make a powerful statement about creativity without quintile contact; certain quindecile aspects, etc.) Tony Blair and Woody Allen have no quintiles; Beethoven, only one; Louis Armstrong and Evangeline Adams, two each. In their horoscopes, the astrological statement of their creativity is found elsewhere.

There are more examples given, but you get the idea. I find it interesting that Beethoven had one quintile, but Neptune was very prominent, including its square to his Moon-Midheaven conjunction.

I have 3, in my chart. Venus Q Mars 00.46. Saturn Q Neptune 2.5. and ASC Q MC.

I'm really just learning about them. My Venus is in the 2nd house, Mars is in the 5th. Saturn 12th and Neptune 9th. Interesting tho.

Lori

Lorielle

Here is another little tidbit that I found on the Quintile...

Two aspects with a similar effect. Harmonious, but delicate and subtle. When planets are in a Quintile or Bi-Quintile relationship, the principles involved will be used and expressed with a natural power and understanding and a sense of sureness and certainty. They seem to describe the potential of abilities normally considered exceptional or gifted, and abilities that are not necessarily developed or conditioned by experiences in our external environment.

Shows the areas in which, at some level, we know what we are doing and can command our materials.

While all the other aspects show character the Quintile and Bi-Quintile show areas of creative drive. The Quintiles show the kind of activities to which we are likely to be drawn and suited, through the possession of particular talents.

When consciously directed, the planets in Quintile or Bi-Quintile aspect can produce great creative power and control and mastery over the principles involved.

Each individual relates to experience in his own way, and the Quintile permits the expression of this individuality by offering a pathway for creative freedom. The Quintile indicates a genius linking inner experience with outer expression, which releases personal significance. This implies some sort of artistry, whether it is applied to a field in the arts, sciences, physical labour or anything else. The Bi-Quintile is nearly identical in meaning, but emphasizes the externalization of this individuality.

It is possible for the Quintile and Bi-Quintile to be found in the chart, sometimes forming triangles. A triangle composed of two Quintiles and a Bi-Quintile indicates a highly unique form of self expression inspired by the realization of some external reality. A triangle composed of two Bi-Quintiles and a Quintile indicates an internal realization which can inspire one to focus energy, creating a highly individual and unique form of self expression.

Some useful phrases for the Quintile and Bi-Quintile aspects are:

acts creatively with.....

works knowingly or effectively with.....

is applied with understanding to.....

Example: Sun Quintile or Bi-Quintile Saturn

My essential nature knows how to make the best use of my self control. I am well suited to positions of responsibility.

johan

Interesting Lorielle.

And Sam,can you tell in what houses and signs your Moon and Pluto are?And do you feel how this aspect is working,given the information of Lorielle and Mary?

sam

johan said:
Interesting Lorielle.

And Sam,can you tell in what houses and signs your Moon and Pluto are?And do you feel how this aspect is working,given the information of Lorielle and Mary?

Sure. My Moon is in Virgo in the third, Pluto in Scorp in the fifth. I think that is is. I have an interest in all things that were listed like religion, human behavior, the arts, etc. I think it could also account for my interest in writing poetry; the emotions of the Moon are channeled into words (Virgo and third house) and supported by Pluto's contact.

johan

Thanks Sam,

Well,I have the Moon in Cancer in H10.So,with the Moon in its own domicile may be my vocation is having a little restaurant and/or little hotel.May be it does have the harmonious,subtle and creative support of Pluto in Virgo,healthy food and drinks.I have various ideas about it(I am devouring books about health and recepies),and besides that,I am a vegetarian for 17 years now.
Having a knack for what the public needs,is a description of the Moon in Cancer,so politics and education may be also possibilities to consider.Well,becoming a teacher in the near future is my goal for now,with the restaurant-idea later.
I am lacking the creative side you have(writing poetry)but may be this all has to do with the 5th House/3rd house connection you have and I don't.And you have the quintile of Mercury and Midheaven,that I think is also helpful.

sam

johan said:
Thanks Sam,

Well,I have the Moon in Cancer in H10.So,with the Moon in its own domicile may be my vocation is having a little restaurant and/or little hotel.May be it does have the harmonious,subtle and creative support of Pluto in Virgo,healthy food and drinks.I have various ideas about it(I am devouring books about health and recepies),and besides that,I am a vegetarian for 17 years now.
Having a knack for what the public needs,is a description of the Moon in Cancer,so politics and education may be also possibilities to consider.Well,becoming a teacher in the near future is my goal for now,with the restaurant-idea later.
I am lacking the creative side you have(writing poetry)but may be this all has to do with the 5th House/3rd house connection you have and I don't.And you have the quintile of Mercury and Midheaven,that I think is also helpful.

That's so cool, Johan. I went vegetarian a year ago. I was fully vegan for about 6 months, but couldn't keep it up.

You would make an excellent teacher, I think. Jupiter in Libra in the first is a really good position for that. Jupiter is all about teaching, and the air signs have what it requires to teach (especially a sign like Libra).

5th

Hi, johan.

The Quintile aspect can be regarded as talent and creativity. When someone have many quintile aspect in chart, he can be much more talented than average. And the orb does account. You can check if your quintile stronge enough by Harmonic chart. If your quintile aspect is in exact orb, then the two planet can form close conjunction in fifth harmonic chart. Because fifth harmonic chart can see your creative talent, so the more close conjuction in fifth harmonic chart found, the more talented or creative he can be.

If quintile aspect is not formed in exact orb in natal chart, then it is hard to form close conjuction in fifth harmonic chart. It's easy to check by using Astroloy software and other software for astrology. In astrolog32, settings--calculation settings--harmonic chart factor--5--done, then your fifth harmonic chart is shown.

You can only read the aspect in harmonic chart, 12 signs are not used.

johan

Yes,fifth,I know about the fifth harmonic chart.(i red the example of Mozart on Bob Marks'site).
And in the thread of Radu,he quotes Moses Siregar.I will keep my quintiles as valid,since he allows an orb of 5 degrees and mines are about 1 and 2 degrees orb.
So,talent,creativity,gift,subtle,but maybe beyond reason,very special.
Sam,we will see if I will be a good teacher,I have a good feeling about it,I will do my best!

devalight

I have read that Quintiles confer some special gift or talent. I have two in my chart -

1. Venus in Gemini in the 9th house quintile Pluto (also parallel). Pluto is in the 12th house in Virgo. Pluto is barely in the 12th in Virgo, however, and I think may partake a bit of the 11th house Leo influence. Pluto is right at the Part of Fortune also. I really don't know what to make of the influence of the Quintile with such strangely different energies as Pluto and Venus.

2. Jupiter quintile Uranus. Uranus in the 11th in Leo and Jupiter in the 2nd in Libra conjunct the North Node. I am pretty sure this one relates to religion, which has been a lifelong interest/pursuit of mine. I am never satisfied with the standard religious explanations and question and investigate every claim.

Devalight