7 deadly sins and the Zodiac

AquaScorpio

So what sins would you assign to each sign? I know some signs seem like they should have 2 but try to narrow it down. This is my opinion:
Aries = Wrath
Taurus = Gluttony
Gemini = Lust (for attention)
Cancer = Envy
Leo = Pride (too easy)
Virgo = Wrath (in the form of criticism)
Libra = Sloth
Scorpio = Lust (couldve been wrath but this ones perfect)
Sagittarius = i honestly can't think of the right one for this...
Capricorn = Greed
Aquarius = Pride (in the mind, not the ego like Leo)
Pisces = Sloth

natasa812

No, the lust is usually only for the food... There is this generalization about Sagittarius that we can not ever have only one slice of anything. Sagittarius is not greedy - the expansion goes for spending and giving - not for taking. We are acctually not so good with money - we spend a lot, we have many friends, we party a lot and we travel a lot (if all those generalizations are true) and traveling and partyng costs...

Nexus7

I see the 7 dealdy sins as related to the planets, there are 7 planets after all. My choice is:

Pride = Sun
Sloth = Moon
Envy = Mercury
Lust = Venus
Wrah = Mars
Gluttony = Jupiter
Avarice = Saturn

I rest my case

Frank

You'd do better using the 7 Classical planets. Her's what I've got off the top of my head:

Pride = Sun
Envy = Saturn
Moon = Sloth

Wrath = Mars
Lust = Venus

Gluttony = Jupiter
Greed = Mercury

Whoever figures out why I group them thus, gets a Bozo Button...;-)

deanna

ha ha!

I am a Taurus sun and I am eating a bag of chips now and I read "Gluttony"
You can also add "Sloth".

Is Pisces really Sloth ? Maybe "Gluttony" (for escape and drugs)

You hit Virgo on the nose - But remember they are twice as critical of themselves as they are of others.

I would add "Pride" to Gemini - they do what they want-off and running to the next thing - not thinking about how it effects others sometimes.
The same could be said about Sagittarius.

-De

AquaScorpio

I see the 7 dealdy sins as related to the planets, there are 7 planets after all. My choice is:

Pride = Sun
Sloth = Moon
Envy = Mercury
Lust = Venus
Wrah = Mars
Gluttony = Jupiter
Avarice = Saturn

I rest my case

True...it would be easier also to figure out what sins belong with the signs as according to the planet they are ruled by. Thanks for the heads up :)

You'd do better using the 7 Classical planets. Her's what I've got off the top of my head:

Pride = Sun
Envy = Saturn
Moon = Sloth

Wrath = Mars
Lust = Venus

Gluttony = Jupiter
Greed = Mercury

I understand most of those but the ones I have a tiny bit of trouble with is Greed/Merc and Moon/Sloth. For Greed/Mercury, what I get is that Geminis "hog" all the attention and speaking rights, while Virgo has been known to be bossy. How I think you get sloth from the moon is that Cancers like the stay home, Pisceans just like to sit and dream...but Scorpios are an exception to this...unless you look at it like they're in their own little holes and don't wanna venture out into the world. Since these are the traditional rulers...how does envy represent an Aquarian?

ha ha!

I am a Taurus sun and I am eating a bag of chips now and I read "Gluttony"
You can also add "Sloth".

Is Pisces really Sloth ? Maybe "Gluttony" (for escape and drugs)

You hit Virgo on the nose - But remember they are twice as critical of themselves as they are of others.

I would add "Pride" to Gemini - they do what they want-off and running to the next thing - not thinking about how it effects others sometimes.
The same could be said about Sagittarius.

-De

Yah I thought about sloth for Taurus too but they are an earth sign and their usually hard workers ;) Then again Venus is known to be a lazy planet.

I thought sloth for Pisces cuz they usually think and feel rather than do. Gluttony COULD fit...but I think sloth makes more sense just cuz they're not known for being active, in the physical sense.

Perhaps a mix of pride and lust for a Gemini...

Nexus7

Pride = Sun
Envy = Saturn
Moon = Sloth

Wrath = Mars
Lust = Venus

Gluttony = Jupiter
Greed = Mercury

Whoever figures out why I group them thus, gets a Bozo Button...;-)I understand most of those but the ones I have a tiny bit of trouble with is Greed/Merc and Moon/Sloth. For Greed/Mercury, what I get is that Geminis "hog" all the attention and speaking rights, while Virgo has been known to be bossy. How I think you get sloth from the moon is that Cancers like the stay home, Pisceans just like to sit and dream...but Scorpios are an exception to this...unless you look at it like they're in their own little holes and don't wanna venture out into the world. Since these are the traditional rulers...how does envy represent an Aquarian?

I think Mercury goes with envy, because the planet traditionally rules thieves, and why do thieves thieve?

Because they want what you have.
Perhpas too, envy may frequently motivate what the Buddhists call 'wromg speech.'

Remember here are two types of greed - the other is 'avarice' - wanting for the sake of wanting. I think here can be a dog-in-the-manger meanness to Saturn, which is why I assigned Saturn to avarice.

Sloth is also known as 'accidia' or despair. It is considered the worst sin of all, a sin against the holy spirit. And not doing all you are capable of, not living a life. Well, there is a strong argument for Saturn too and 'avarice' wcould be seen as 'desire,' but the holy spirit is sometimes seen as feminine and indolence can certainly be considered a lunar foible.

You could switch gluttony with avarice. Then, wanting big possessions and the clout to go with it could be more Jupiterian, and gluttony the Moon - we have just seen a thread about the affects of gluttony.

aquarius7000

The one that comes readily to my mind for Sagittarius is self-righteousness (arising from 'over'-confidence in one's own convictions and knowledge to the extent that it can cause intolerance in this area towards others).

What I am having trouble understanding is, is the connection between Mercury and Envy (Mer is more mischievousness). For Mer-Gemini, I would use flirtatiousness or frivolity; whilst for Mer-Virgo I would go for censoriousness. Sometimes even gossip-mongery (as in back-biting)is associated with this sign.

And, the best sin that fits Aquarius could be rebellion, though I like AquaSco's thoughts on Aqua, too.

:DAQ7

Nexus7

I don't have a problem with Mercury and envy at all, because of the connection with thieves. The thief sees someone with a nice camera, silk scarf, mobile phone, is bitter becase they don't have one like it, but there is a solution to that if you are light-fingered.

And gossip can be used to create divisions between people or to start discord and I do think envy can often be the root of that.

AquaScorpio

Envy is DEFINITELY the root of all gossip. 99% of the time anyway. Something like:
Sue: Did you see the car that Jane's husband bought for her?
Anne: I sure did, she doesn't deserve it
Beth: She's only with him for his money...such a gold digger

You get the point hopefully. People get jealous of each other and the way they make themselves less insecure is talking trash, or gossiping, about the other person. A pretty pathetic defense if you ask me...although I tend to get somewhat jealous when someone is given anything without working for it, like a nice car. It's not like I want to BE that person, I just wanna see them work for it.

Lissa

Pride = Sun
Envy = Saturn
Moon = Sloth

Wrath = Mars
Lust = Venus

Gluttony = Jupiter
Greed = Mercury

I think I know why you grouped them!!I think I know why you grouped them!!

Sun(Leo) opposes Saturn(Aquarius)
Moon(Cancer) opposes Saturn(Cap)

Taurus/Libra (Venus) oppose Scorpio/Aries (Mars)

Gemini/Virgo(Merc) oppose Sag/Pisces(Jupiter)

Can I get a candy bar?

Frank

I think I know why you grouped them!!I think I know why you grouped them!!

Sun(Leo) opposes Saturn(Aquarius)
Moon(Cancer) opposes Saturn(Cap)

Taurus/Libra (Venus) oppose Scorpio/Aries (Mars)

Gemini/Virgo(Merc) oppose Sag/Pisces(Jupiter)

Can I get a candy bar?

Very good!

(Sends virtual candybar)

payday_wr.jpg

unusual_suspect

Sagittarius Keyword: Excessive which would come under gluttony.

Too righteous to be unfaithful ;), they wouldn't call it that:biggrin:

I know some Saggies who seem to have no morals at all and would merrily sleep with their aquaintances significant others, as long as they are having a good time it's really ok, some of them I have found very slothfull too.

I disagree with Sloth for Pisces, I have a Pisces Sun and I am always frantically busy untill I burn out and need to sleep for 18 hours, not the same as Sloth, if anything I'm a rather envious person, but I have always put that down to my Acs in Leo. Oh, I have a lot of wrath too and gluttony and also lust.

Maybe you could have all 7 sins for Pisces and Gemini as both reserve the right to change their minds at any given time.

Lissa

Ohh,Frank,PayDay?What is that?I should warn you,my Jupiter in Leo eats nothing but the finest swiss chocolat...:cool:

Awakened_Pisces

Extravagance: Saggitarius/Leo
Lust: Scorpio/Taurus
Gluttony: Cancer/Leo
Greed:Leo/Gemini(Never wants to let go)
Despair: Scorpio/Virgo
Pride:Leo/Aquarius
Envy:Cancer/Taurus

What do you think? I find it cute, the struggle between the Aquarius and Leo. Similiar beings, yet different.