AstroGeography maps

johan

I have red the latest article of Futurist about places corresponding with planets on her website.(THE DA VINCI MAP)
Does anyone know a simple way to find out these things?
Example:I was born with Jupiter/Uranus conjunction to the AC.How can I find out in a simple way which places belong to that?Is there on the internet something?
When I was 16 I went to London,when I was 20 I went to Perpignan,and tomorrow I go to Kralice(Poland).Is there an easy way to find out how these places correspond to certain planets in my birthchart?

Last edited:

Draco

Johan, you read my mind, I've been thinking about this too.

Here's an idea, Timezones!

Take 0 GMT as Aries and go on from there.

Here is a link: www.travel.com.hk/region/timezone.htm

Look at the line marked '0', which would represent 0 degrees Aries and you can count off the degrees of each sign from there. I think this is just one of many ways of doing it, but a way that I like.

0 degrees Aries runs through UK, France, Spain, Algeria, Mali, Burkina and Ghana.

0 degrees Taurus runs through Norway, Sweden, Poland, Chz. Rep., Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia etc. etc.

Where you are in the Netherlands would come somewhere between 0 and 15 degrees of Aries. Of cousre, you would need to divide each segment into 30 lines to get each degree, and have a more detailed map, to find which degree your town lies upon.

Most of Poland is between 0 and 15 degrees of Taurus.

Each sign is represented by somewhere on the globe twice. 24 hrs / 2 = 12 signs.

Some places are quite easy to spot on the map. St Petersburg appears to be right at the beggining of Gemini, perhap at 1 degree. Moscow is right upon 15 degrees Gemini.

I would be somewhere around the start of the last decan of Pisces on the North West coast of England.

I found this way of doing it when I needed to find out from a chart when the next major Islamic terrorism event would take place. I looked at the placement of the planet indicatng the event, and felt that there might be a correlation on this map. Time will tell.

In fact, I have yet to post this chart on the forum, which I will do to see what others think.

Have fun with the map! If you can find a better more detailed one let me know.

Draco :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
Johan - you refer to Astro*Carto*Graphy. Go to Astro.com, they have a great online tool that draws your map.

Draco, I don't know if you read this article, but it basically says exactly what you say in your post, just that it does it by the use of Sabian Symbols not planets -
Sabian Symbols on the map.
I wish I see examples of this idea working with planets as well. For instance, my natal Sun is at 25Vir37, corresponding to 175e37, a longitude line that runs through New Zealand... So...? is that a special place for me?

Draco

Hi Radu,

Draco, I don't know if you read this article, but it basically says exactly what you say in your post, just that it does it by the use of Sabian Symbols not planets -
Sabian Symbols on the map.

Yes. I can remember having seen this before, this must be where I got the inspiration from. However, are there not two ways of attributing the timezones across the zodiac? One way, which is the way I was thinking, is to have the zodiac repeat itself, once for the first twelve hours, and then starting again at Aries for the next twelve. The other way, is the way that is depicted upon your map, by taking the hours in doubles and attributing each sign only once to two hour slots. I must admit this method seems to be more orderly, after all there is only one zodiac.

The reason I wanted to look into this in the first place, is because I asked a horary as to where the next major Islamic fundamentalist atrocity is to take place. I will put this horary in the horary section because it is interesting, and I would like to see if the prediction shall indeed unfold.

In short, I felt from the chart, that the next terrorist event will take place upon a sea borne vessel, and the planet that represented the atrocity was Jupiter retrograde at 14 Scorpio. This is why I wanted to find out to where Scorpio 14 could be corresponded upon a map.

Now looking at the chart I provided for Johan, and by doubling the zodiac so that each sign is corresponded twice, I noted that Scorpio 14, would correspond to the seas in the area South of China, North of the Phillipines, and East of Cambodia. It would also correspond to an area off the West coast of Austrailia, basically the area around the black line between what is marked '105' and '120' on the map.

However, looking at your chart, which I prefer, only attributing each sign once to two hour slots, then I see that the middle of Scorpio corresponds to the middle of the Pacific Ocean, as I feel more comforatble with this map, my guess is that this event will occur here.

I will post the horary chart that I am talking about right after this.

Draco

Oh, and thanks for getting rid of my surplus posts. :wink: However, I did it again when I posted the horary I was talking about on terrorism. :(

Futurist

Hi

I may have unwittingly caused a little confusion on my blog. To clarify, the Da Vinci blog is written using straightforward ACG. Radu says you can use this on astro.com if you don't have the program. Astro*Carto*Graphy® is simply a method of showing where on Earth the planets for a given chart would be actually crossing the horizon or meridian. This technique also called In Mundo mapping, is based on the right ascension and declination of each planet.

However I had also written an article in my blog on Earth Maps where I was mentioning the use of Geodetic maps. These project the ecliptic onto the equator, so that the zodiacal signs then correspond to bands of longitude around the Earth. With Geodetics, typically the 0º Aries point is projected onto the Greenwich meridian (0º of longitude), and the sign divisions falls every 30º around the equator. I say typically because some people choose to use Mecca or the Pyramids as the start point.

So in Geodetics if a planet is at 14 Scorpio this will be 224 degrees of celestial longitude. Starting from Greenwich travelling East 224 degrees brings you to 136 West i.e 360 minus 224 = 136. So 14 Scorpio still falls out in the Pacific Ocean about midway between Hawaii and LA but there is landfall at the western most point of Canada close to the Alaska border in the Yukon Territory.

Now if you used Sepharials westward geodetic system you would need to go 224 travelling west. This would bring you to 136 East which runs up through Australia, Indonesia, Japan, China etc.

It can get confusing but I get great 'results' with all systems - just as I can get great results using geocentric and heliocentric astrology charts. It makes my brain addled to work out just how they could all provide such brilliant correlations to terrestrial events. All I can suggest is that you play around with all the systems until you find the one you feel to be the most consistent.

regards

Futurist aka Kathryn x

PS For those of you who are really into Astromapping if you have a program put the locality lines on top of Dan Brown's birthchart starting from New York (his publishers and probably where he spends most of his time now) the results are amazing re his books. Also re ACG lines the angle a line occupies i.e MC. IC Desc, ASC will each have a slightly different interpretation. This was too much for me to go into in the blog but Saturn IC has a different interp to Saturn rising etc etc

johan

View attachment 21

This image is from Kathryn's website.So,if I understand correct,this is astrocartography,,showing the ascending and descending of the planets at the time Dan Brown was born.

And this is the image of astrocartography in relation with my birth for Europe,taken of astrodienst.
View attachment 19

Slightly different than on Kathryn's website,lines being curved here,and on Kathryn's image straight.Does anyone know why?
And how can I get the horizontal lines as in the the first picture?

I mentioned I went to Poland and that was Krakow by the way,not Kralice.I really liked it there.Krakow is just on the eastside of the line Moon/MC,and here raises another question:why are they on the same line,being apart in my horoscope 13 degrees?
And is it very naive to say that I could find a way of living there,with moon/mc as my vocation(like starting a little vegetarian restaurant there)?

And this is the geodetic approach,both of Radu/Draco and Kathryn,am I right?
View attachment 9

So,Krakow is geodetical a degree of Aries,correct?(and if anyone knows exactly which degree,please tell me!)

I hope someone can answer my questions,

Johan

Last edited:

johan

Hihi:) ,

Well didn'get much replies but I am learning about this subject.
Googled it and there was a lot of helpful information about it.
And there is a new article of Kathryn about AGC.

Last edited:

Wave

Hi Johan,

www.astro.com - there is a section called "Astro-Click Travel" - it shows you the map of the world with the lines of your planets.

I suggest if you want to know more - get a reading from a professional astrocartography astrologer.

Wave.

johan

Wave,

I know about astro.com,I attached such a card in a previous post in this thread,but somehow the attached images doesn't show anymore,only a red cross in the left upper corner:) ,I will reload these images soon,so you can see them again.
I am still fascinated by ACG,and red on futurist her site she is busy to create a website,where she will offer this ACG in combination with the natal chart,with explanations.I will wait for that and use this service!

Greetings,
Johan