Finding my ipod

ladyanachronism

Hello everyone! :)
Well last week (Tuesday evening) I was very worried, as I couldn't find my ipod in it's usual place. I had a search but then decided to draw up a horary chart to see if it would help:

astro_2gw_33_where_is_my_ipod186512.gif

Sag is the ascendant, so I am represented by Jupiter. The sign Aquarius is in the 2nd house, so the ipod is represented by Saturn.
The 2nd house (A co-ruler of the placement of ipod) represents technology, high up rooms near windows, eaves, high shelves or where computers are. Direction WEST BY NORTH.
I also looked at the placement of Saturn, which I was horrified to see was the 8th house! The 8th house represents death, garbage or that the item will never be recovered. Virgo rules that house, indicating the item may be in a pocket or container, a closet, a desk, a home office or a study. Direction SOUTH BY WEST.
Just to be on the safe side, I also checked the moon which was in 2nd house Pisces. It could be on the floor, a dark room, direction NORTH BY WEST.
All the signifiers are in Succedent houses and mostly mutable signs (with one fixed.) This indicated that the item was not in it's usual place, and would take longer to find.
I couldn't really see a clear indicator from any of these so I searched anyway.
The next day, thankfully I found my ipod in my own room, hidden on the floor amongst a pile of hats. However, from the chart, I really don't see what indicated it to be there. Could somebody give me some advice with my interpretation?

archergirl

Hi, sorry no-one's visited this one for you.:)

The moon is void of course, which is usually an indication that you'll find it; it's not *really* hidden (void). A benefic in the 2nd house (Jupiter) is also a mild indication of recovery...or at least that the object isn't damaged.

It's also handy in lost object horaries to include the Part of Fortune...it sometimes shows where it is.

If it's any comfort, lost object horary has a middling success rate, because there are so many significations for each house/sign.

As for Saturn being in the 8th...well, the only thing I would have suggested was looking in the toilet! :D

AG:)

eedwards

Hello Lady,

I always look at the sign ruling the 4th house and it's ruler to describe where the lost object may be located. In this instance Taurus rules the 4th house ...telling us that the Ipod was low or on the ground. Since Venus is the ruler of Taurus I would look around objects that are "Venusian." Examples would be jewelry, purses, clothing, (including hats).

I normally use Koch or Regio when casting my Horary charts and would like to run your chart with these when I get a free moment. I would guess that Saturn would be placed in the 9th house but can not be certain, (also can not tell if the sign ruling the 9th would change from Libra to Virgo). I often find that objects placed in the 9th house, (if not actually far from home), are around vacation pictures or travel literature.