4th grade vocabulary

piercethevale

...an oldie making the rounds again and 'off color'...[it's that darned Scorpio asc. of mine]...
...sent by my friend Geoff in Wyoming.

A 4th grade teacher asked her students to use the
word 'fascinate' in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, 'My family went to my granddad's
farm, and we all saw his pet sheep; it was fascinating.'

The teacher said, 'That was good, but I wanted you to use the
word 'fascinate', not 'fascinating'.'
Sally raised her hand. She said, 'My family went to see Rock
City and I was fascinated.'

The teacher, 'Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use
the word 'fascinate', not 'fascinated'.'

Little Johnny raised his hand.

The teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before.
She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word
'fascinate', so she called on him.

Johnny said, 'My aunt Gina has a sweater with ten buttons, but
her breasts are so big she can only 'fasteneight.'

The teacher sat down and cried!

piercethevale

aquarius7000 said:
Johnny, tell your aunt Gina to *fast*-(t)en-ate then, and not be such a food-loving Cancer babe.

:pAQ7

...Fast-then-eat?
...and Jay M...I could have rewritten it to say his aunt was just 'fat' but why make the joke insulting to those that are 'weight challenged'...besides, I've got Scorpio rising...ya dig?

JayM

yeah I know I was pointing out what kind of joke you were making to add to the humor. I was not suggesting that you make a fat joke.

aquarius7000

Fast-then-eat?
PTV, the emphasis is on 'fast' (fasting), and the rest follows to keep the sound of the word similar to fascinate; fast-en-ate; with each part also making sense (en=in; ate=ate => so fasting in eating on the whole). Just a bit of a play with words there with a touch of Astrology through mention of Cancer, a sign most attached to food.

:)AQ7

piercethevale

aquarius7000 said:
PTV, the emphasis is on 'fast' (fasting), and the rest follows to keep the sound of the word similar to fascinate; fast-en-ate; with each part also making sense (en=in; ate=ate => so fasting in eating on the whole). Just a bit of a play with words there with a touch of Astrology through mention of Cancer, a sign most attached to food.

:)AQ7

Okay, I get it...but all the Cancerians I've know may have been a little puddgy but I've never gotten to do a chart for a really "Fat" person...sooooo....

aquarius7000

PTV, I thought you had posted on the 'Astrological Humour' section, so you'll get the humour there. I added a bit of Astrology from my side to my play of words. I wonder if anyone should take the Cancer bit so literally and be that non-sporting in the 'Humour' section. Btw, there was no mention of being "Fat" in any of my posts. Once again, the word I used was 'fast' (=forego food for sometime).

:DAQ7