Turning 32?

lilllybelle

Hey,
My 32nd birthday is coming up near the end of the month. In shamanic astrology, I'm having a venus return. Every 8 years you have a venus return. Venus returns take place on the 8th, 16th, 24th, 32nd, 40th, 48th, 56th (and so on) birthdays. If you take a peak at a ephemeris, you'll notice that on the birthdays listed most of the personal planets are in the same sign as they were when you were born. For example, on my 32nd birthday this year mercury, the sun, venus, and mars will be in the same sign they were in when I was born.

Well, I though it would be nice if those of us who are currently having a venus return shared our experiences with each other.
For me, it has been depressing and empowering all at the same time. I feel like I'm comfortable being single for the first time in my life. I finally got fed up with the guy I've been dating for the past couple of years, and I've started walking my own path with all the comfort of a venus and mars in aries woman. It truely feels like I'm traveling a new and unexplored path in my life.

So is anyone else experiencing a venus return right now? If I wasn't very articulate, please forgive me, I just had a glass of wine. I don't always express myself clearly as it is :eek: .

[I moved this thread from Natal to Planetary Returns. Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Hello Lillybelle, well, I am not yet having my Venus return, (in two years that will be) but I already have Mars and Venus as well as the Sun in the same signs when I was born. Mars and Venus in Aries and Sun in Taurus. They probably will be there again when I have my Venus return:)

Shokk

So, I turned 16 in february, and I had my venus return (read as: Venus moved over the degree it was at natally) in April. And by that time the Sun and mercury were definitely not in their natal signs.
Is the whole "personal planets in same signs" thing just a basic trend and I happen to be an exception this time or is there a specific point at which the personal planets are all in their native signs at the same time that I consider my venus return.
*confusedness*

lilllybelle

I made a mistake. After doing a little research, I found that it's only the synodic venus return that happens every 8 years. The synodic return is the ending of one venus cycle and the beginning of a new one. The 32nd birthday, or year of life, is an exception because venus and mars return at the same time or in some cases, such as mine, most of the personal planets make a return.

What I'm wondering is why Starlink is having a mars, venus and sun return at 30. This would seem to dilute the impact of the venus return at 32. I guess what I'm really getting at is if venus, mars and the sun return all at the same time at other ages outside of the age 32 , it would seem to weaken the impact of the return at 32.

Geez, I thought this was a simple subject. Well, regardless I'm still having my transit. I've been anticipating this tranist ever since my saturn return at 29.

Last edited:

Shokk

Well, it turns out I was kinda lying about my venus return earlier, Venus WAS returning around my birthday this year, the return I mentioned was becaus Venus went retrograde, so the one in april was the last of 3 returns. (My birthday is February 2nd, by the way)

starlink

What I'm wondering is why Starlink is having a mars, venus and sun return at 30.
Ah dear, I wished I was 30. No such luck. I am 62 and that return would take place at 64. According to your theory (from before), I should have the planetary line-up at 64, not now already.

Still laughing!
Starlink:)

lilllybelle

Next time I run into a shamanic astrologer, I'm going to have a bag full of questions. A wrench has been thrown into the theory for me. Starlink, I guess you have a youthful way about you :) .

cassanra

Well, We do have a venus return about every year. Mine will be Sept. 1st this year and next it will be in July so since there is confusion on the other can always use the regular one :cool:
I am not sure what kind of information it can give us but I was curious about this Shamanic one.

lilllybelle

We have a synodic venus return every 8 years. Shamanic astrologers view it as a time of death and rebirth. That part is certain.
What isn't clear is why SL is having a venus, mars and sun return outside of one of the 8 years. That is supposed to happen at the age of 32.

I'm getting a little frustrated because I thought I understood this system well. I had it explained to me by an old friend who studys with one of the key astrologers in shamanic astrology. Now I'm finding that I don't understand some pieces of it so well. It also seems like I can't find the information I want while searching online. Maybe I'm having a mercury retrograde moment. I've got so many test coming up this week that I don't have the time to get obcessive in researching the subject which is just what I'd like to do right now, but I have to focus right now.

starlink

The only thing I noticed was that a very old (best at the time) girlfriend came back into my life after I wrote to her. At first, for month, no anwer, then when Venus turned retro, there she was and it was as if nothing had changed, we clicked mentally straight away again. But, I have the feeling that it is shortlived. In the beginning hours of talking on the phone, yes we had to of course after 20 or so years, but now, already month and nothing. I was always the one to phone (Skype) which I imagine she could do just as well. She emailed, I answered. Now there is silence, I tried 3x in the last 2 weeks to contact her but she is not home. Wonder how this will end. Hope she is not ill or something.
Venus retro does bring people back into your life, old boyfriends sometimes are shown like that in horary charts, but I dont know if this is a permanent staying if you know what I mean. Apart from that I dont feel anything weird or different and I am Taurus, ruled by Venus and should feel the difference if there was one.(I think anyways).

Starlink