Awful Transits for Us Both -We REALLY Need Help..

Laudry

Hello there,

I apologize for the length of this post in advance...

I've been using astrology at a personal level for about 20 years - for & with my husband, family & friends - and I do pretty well with natal astrology, returns and transits, less often using progressions. But the group of aspects my husband and I BOTH have for most of April 2009 is very frightening to us, and with all of the houses and planets involved, I'm having trouble pinning down just where and in what manner the whole thing will manifest. (In fact, it's clear that my worry about these aspects has greatly impeded my judgement, so I am hoping someone will be good enough take a clear look at the situation for me.)

I really need help with this, as much help as I can possibly get! I've written on this site only a few times previously, mostly short comments, so if I'm supplying too much info, I hope you'll let that pass. I've always thought - better too much than not enough, so I apologize beforehand.)

As I also have some scary transits going on during my husband's transits, I will include both of our birth info at the end of this post. (For reference, I should note that I've used the Equal House system for the last 20 of my 25 years of study and use of astrology.)

From the start of April '09, my husband will have transiting Uranus in his natal 4th house square natal Saturn in his 1st. At the same time, the retrograding tr.Saturn (in n. 10th) will oppose his n. Mars in the 4th (per Equal House; Mars is in his 3rd with the Placidean system). Covering the same period of time, tr. Uranus opposes my ascendant (obviously, also conjuncting my descendant).

Things seem to come to a head at mid-month, when tr. Mars joins in, squaring his n. Saturn (1st) from his n. 4th - where tr. Mars conjuncts tr. Uranus on 4/15. In my transits, tr. Mars conjunct tr. Uranus oppose my ASC conjunct ]my DSC on 4/15! On April 14th & 15th, tr. Mars conjunct tr. Uranus will also oppose my n. ASC.

We've been together for a long time & have gone through some pretty heavy-duty transits before, but we've never had a whole series of hard aspects between difficult planets converge like this. I've omitted asteroids and points such as the nodes, the vertex, etc, as I have been working with them for a shorter time & don't trust myself yet.) Here is what I have been (nervously) considering, though I cannot for the life of me pull it all together.

1.) As I have ongoing health problems (a severe, chronic bone problem for at least the last decade, but one which has been relatively well-controlled with meds), my first thought was about the oppositions to my own ASC, especially since the two transiting planets that conjoin to make this aspect consist of the ruler of my 6th house (Uranus) and my 8th (Mars)! I wouldn't be shocked at all to be diagnosed with a serious, even fatal, illness; like I said, I've long had health problems; additionally, colorectal (6th/8th house) cancer runs in the family (& I will be going in for a colonoscopy soon).

However, though very difficult, my husband's aspects don't seem to necessarily refer to the severe illness or death of a wife at that time. Two main areas bother me most: medical/accident or his family.

2.) My husband has been diagnosed with cataracts at a pretty young age. He was to go in for surgery initially in Februray of this year, but work and transportantion problems have blocked that. As all three of his transits involve squares or oppositions to his n. Saturn (ruler of his n. 2nd house, but in his n. 1st -the eyes as well as the physical body as a whole), I'm worried that there might be some sudden developement which will hurt or ruin his sight permanently. (I haven't found info that this could happen with this condition, but who knows? Or perhaps the diagnosis was wrong?)

3.)With the involvement of his 10th & 4th houses in multiple ways (tr. planets in the 4th and 10th houses aspecting his natal Mars in the 4th) and his parents, unfortunately, both elderly & ill, an event involving them seems just as likely, astrologically speaking.

As you'll see in his chart, my husband, while an exceptionally wonderful person, does not deal with anything inner until an outer event forces hime to do so; in fact, virtually all of his transits have manifested themselves as events & circumstances occurring in the objective world. These events, while rare, have been the only times when he and his family have "gotten below the surface," & he (and his family) avoid this circumstance like the plague. His family is extremely repressed - nothing has ever been discussed, aired or acknowledged among them (purposely), and he has an odd, very strained relationship with his parents and his three siblings. Therefore, any problem with any of them would be exceptionally devastating for him.

Since my aspects are not only oppositions to my ASC but conjuctions to my DSC as well, I can interpret them as my husband suffering a shock of some kind (- such as a family death? It would be his first ever...).
--- With the involvement of his 3rd house, I could also see a car accident involving him, or perhaps one of his brothers ( & the 4th house involvement -one brother lives with his parents in his childhood home, another has always lived within two miles of it).
--- My husband's first interpretation was that he would lose his job (involvement with the 10th house, and all three transits involving the ruler of his 2nd house), but he just received a fairly good merit raise yesterday!
--- As for the involvement of his 5th house, here I suppose I'm baffled - we have no children (a beloved dog, yes, but wouldn't the 6th house also show up?).

If anyone has read this far, thank you for bearing with me! I hope I haven't been too hysterical in my writing, but I am terribly worried, primarily for my husband, who is one of those very rare, truly good people in this world & deserves nothing bad. Here is our birthdata:

My HUSBAND (Gene): 5/18/58 8:19 pm (20:19:00) Raleigh, NC EDST

ME (Laudry): 3/3/59 6:44 pm (18: 44:00) Manhattan, NY EST

Thank you...

[edited to remove "smiley" - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

Laudry said:
Sorry about that little smilie at the bottom; I don't know how I put it there!

I haven't looked at the chart yet, and I will do it right now HOWEVER, the fact that the little smiley 'invited itself' into your post does say something to me.
I breathed a sigh of relief, and maybe the smiley was telling you that you could do the same. ;)

katydid

I am not an experienced medical astrologer so I hesitate commenting upon your medical concerns with the upcoming transits. However I do feel that you are 'overreacting' a tad. I hope that is taken as good news, and not a criticism
of your interpretation of the charts. It is really hard to be objective about our own transits I find.

First of all, the mars/uranus conjunction is happening for everyone, so it is more of a shared experience/trauma. True, it is squaring your husbands Saturn/1st, but I don't see enough corroborating evidence to back up your greatest fears about the outcome.:p

It is true that the 'shocking/unsettling mars/uranus' , which will be sitting on his natal mars/saturn square, has to shock and unsettle something in his homelife. It does not HAVE to be a bad thing altogether. And he can prepare for the transit now in some productive ways.
Look back to see what happened to rock his world, or unsettle him emotionally at age 16, 23, 24 approximately. Maybe this is the time to heal rifts from back then once and for all with the swiftness of a Uranian epiphany. It does seem like he has some old, hard, memories that have bittered, and he would do well to release those before the mars/uranus/saturn transits do it for him. :eek: :cool:

That mars in pisces can force one to become an emotional martyr by keeping silent about past wrongs/shames/errors feelings. It may involve siblings and if so, contact them if possible, and work through some stagnant territory. Holding onto all that old stuff can feel debilitating because it takes so much energy. The upcoming Uranus transit can help him release much of that , but sometimes it is in a swift but painful way.

The saturn/uranus opposition has been hassling us all for quite awhile now. The things you listed are most likely the things that are still on the menu for the spring. The surgeries etc are still looming. But as I said earlier, everyone in the world is having saturn opposed mars/uranus, so do not see it as too personal a threat, or your stress levels will enhance the worst of it. :eek: :rolleyes:
Instead, see your husbands natal saturn/mars angular square as FINALLY having the chance to work itself out in this life experience. Maybe he can finally tell his brother what a freakin bully he was, and get it off his chest.

Your husband has an amazing mercury/neptune opposition that is aligned with the lunar nodes. He is and always has been incredibly perceptive, but that may have been very uncomfortable for his family, who had to constantly convince him he was seeing things or just plain delusional. Well, he probably was seeing the truth, but it may have made others uncomfortable, His tsquare to uranus in the 8th may make it hard for him to own that psychic ability, or to trust it comfortably. These mars/uranus transits can give him his powerful Uranus @ 8Leo in the 8th back again.:D

This jupiter/chiron/Neptune triple conjunction is going to give a big kiss to his natal Chiron, and give him the inner guidance necessary to make the most of his mars/saturn transformation. Plug it in and go.:44:

edit; upon rereading, I saw that I had left out the 'worst' of the possible predictions that came to my mind. I am not predicting this for certain, but I would use this time to communicate with his parents as much as possible now as their is a possibility of one of them falling ill. Obviously because it is close to their time anyway, but Saturn re-enforces the potential.

Last edited:

waybread

Laudry, are you familiar with choice-centered astrology? Basically it is about taking the planetary energies that trouble you in life, and devising both empowering interpretations of them and active, constructive ways to manifest their energy. This strategy puts you a bit more at the helm of your destiny, rather than waiting to be blind-sided by it.

Just for example, with transiting Uranus squaring your husband's Saturn: this would be a good time for him to take inventory of where he might be in too much of a "rut" in life--where he does things out of habit, not necessarily because they suit his evolving nature today. A positive expression of Uranus is liberation, and getting rid of old, outworn attributes so that something more constructive can take their place.

Saturn always demands a strong grounding in reality, so this is not to suggest that your husband ignore practical considerations. But with a first house Saturn, this would be a good time for him to look especially to his health, personal appearance, and fitness; as well as to desired adjustments in how he comes across to other people, if any. Uranus in the 4th suggests that this would be a good time to come to terms with any lingering psychological issues left over from childhood; or even something as simple as re-arranging the furniture and painting the walls so that your home (another 4th house matter) feels more supportive.

Mars should energize the whole endeavor--just take careful precautions (Saturn) to avoid accidents and needless risks (Mars, Uranus.) A difficult Mars transit might be a good time to avoid surgery, but Mars moves sufficiently quickly that this needn't mean a big delay in needed surgery.

If you can develop a vocabulary like the above for your other transits, and view squares and oppositions as challenges, you should be just fine. This isn't to say that unexpected (Uranus) hardships (Saturn) can't happen: it isn't about putting a happy smiley face on life. It is about taking more control.

Laudry

Thank you so much, Katydid! From your first comment about the stray smilie to your last concerning my husband's parents, I feel as though you've given me ideas to put these transits into better perspective, and I appreciate it.

I do realize that the Mars-Uranus conjunction & some of the other transiting aspects involved are hitting/going to hit everyone. I worry because (at least in my own experience) those persons having important points which exactly conjunct or otherwise aspect exact mutual aspects are likely to have an especially specific, personal and/or intense manifestation of those energies. With the Mars-Uranus conjunction smack-dab opposing my ASC/conjunct my DSC, and all those exact aspects to my husband's chart - simultaneously - I may have become over-alarmed. But it is still worrisome, especially with transiting Mars to set it all off like that!

Your comments about my husband's natal Mercury-Neptune opposition and his nodes' involvement are spot-on - as you are about his family's discomfort with his perception. I've hoped that they would all be a little more open with, & close to each other, but it's never happened. If something happens with his family, it will be like a volcanic eruption.

Thanks again for looking at our charts & transits!

katydid

Laudry said:
Thank you so much, Katydid! From your first comment about the stray smilie to your last concerning my husband's parents, I feel as though you've given me ideas to put these transits into better perspective, and I appreciate it.

I do realize that the Mars-Uranus conjunction & some of the other transiting aspects involved are hitting/going to hit everyone. I worry because (at least in my own experience) those persons having important points which exactly conjunct or otherwise aspect exact mutual aspects are likely to have an especially specific, personal and/or intense manifestation of those energies. With the Mars-Uranus conjunction smack-dab opposing my ASC/conjunct my DSC, and all those exact aspects to my husband's chart - simultaneously - I may have become over-alarmed. But it is still worrisome, especially with transiting Mars to set it all off like that!

Your comments about my husband's natal Mercury-Neptune opposition and his nodes' involvement are spot-on - as you are about his family's discomfort with his perception. I've hoped that they would all be a little more open with, & close to each other, but it's never happened. If something happens with his family, it will be like a volcanic eruption.

Thanks again for looking at our charts & transits!

Laudry,
I am glad you understood the spirit of my comment about your phantom smiley face. It was kind of like shuffling the tarot deck and having one card inexplicably shoot out and land right side up in your lap. :rolleyes:

Especially when one is looking at such terrifying clusters of transits.:eek:
I really do understand the reason for your concerns. The fact that mars/uranus hits your desc while also afflicting your husbands natal saturn/mars square is very scary for you. [And I agree with the previous proposal to postpone the eye surgery until mars is out of orb]. But I think the major crisis is going to be coming from circumstances that are beyond your control, like extended family problems, or parents illness, and your husband will be forced to deal with past issues in the present. So preparing himself for the possibilities by opening up new lines of communication now could be beneficial.

Your description of a volcanic eruption is perfect as that is what mars/uranus transits create , but only if the pressure has not yet been released somewhat. Try and figure where that inner lava is the hottest, most ready to blow, and see if you guys can release some of the pressure
beforehand. Maybe your husband could be in closer contact with his brothers now, and could ask about his parents and how they are doing. Showing some concern now, and offering support will be beneficial if there is an emergency later, and he has to go home and be involved. It will make things go more smoothly, and help avoid a volcanic explosion too.

Your husband has a nice supporting transit right now too. Pluto in early Capricorn is trining his mercury in taurus, and forming a grand trine with natal Pluto. That tells us that he won't be given more than he is strong enough to handle now. :pluto: :trine:

Laudry

Wow - yes, you are correct about nearly everything you've said. I don't work with progressions much, but if you get his kind of information from them, I will have to change that!

Caprising said:
Laudry you are a worry wart;) .....it's no wonder, with that natal moon conjunct saturn, expecting the worst...

Caprising, are you absolutely right there! It's a habit left over from my childhood, when my expectations were probably set by everything that actually happened. I have been working with visualization as an adult to try & overcome this.

...It's not a time to stress, your progressed moon is now coming up to a conjunction with neptune in scorp, so is at the last degree of libra, I don't blame you though, moon in scorp is very strong emotion (you will be feeling this change now) , add in neptune, and well you could easily experience "emotional spiritual trauma" which sounds like what you have.

...Your 'bone problem" would no doubt be a result of natal moon conjunct saturn....It could also be linked to you "holding on" to negative emotional thoughts, and feelings, that is "feeling everything physically" even the negative stuff that we recieve from "other people"....

I feel a little guilty, having asked about both of our transits, etc., but glomming onto what you've said about my natal chart - but this is also spot on. I do now & have always received a great deal of "energy" from other people, so intensely, in fact, that it is very hard to shake off. Again, I do work on it, but it is very difficult.

As for your comments about my husband, you are absolutely correct, but this behavior is only fairly recent. As pressures concerning our finances (I haven't been able to work for a decade) & his family mount, he does have the exact attitudes you described ("I'm the boss," & "Do you want to make something of it?") This cannot be good for his health - one big reason these transits worry me so.

Mostly, though, he is the same person I've know since high school: a truly wonderful man, gentle, loving, socially conscious & active, energetic, wildly intellligent, generous, funny, extremely caring. As I am virtually housebound due to my bone condition, he's become my "caregiver" in many ways over the last decade or so, and the stress on him shows once in a great while. But he has stresses he will not deal with, talk about or even think about, especially when it comes to his family, which is another reason why these transits worry me.

I'm sorry to have once again gone on so long about all of this! But Caprising, you brought up other, deeper dimensions of the situation, and I wanted you to know how spot-on you are. Thank you for looking at our progressions; now I have yet another way to look at the situation.

Laudry

Thank you, Waybread; I actually wrote you a message, but it disappeared between my writing it & posting it! (Perhaps it wasn't the right reply!).

Actually, I am familiar with choice-centered astrology, though I know that my post doesn't sound as though I am :) My initial reaction to these transits and how they hit us both really has impaired my judgement, not to mention my confidence in being able to interpret them correctly.

Everything you said in your post was correct. My husband has absolutely refused to take the slightest interest in his health, probably because he has always been prefectly healthy. He's resisted my attempts to interest him in any healthy habits aside from exercise, despite my own healthy habits & marriage-long attempts to change his habits (with my Virgo rising & Sun in the 6th!).

The same is true of his relations with his family. He will not try to change or open up his relationshops with his family, period - and I've tried for years now. I cannot do anything about it; they dislike me precisely for those attempts.

I fear that these choices will have to be his; if there is any avenue I can take to help him with all this, I would take it in a shot. Thanks very much for your insights, Waybread. I actually needed to be reminded of this point of view for my own life!

katydid

:venus: Laudry,

I just realized that tr Venus will be stationing on your husbands natal venus in aries in the 4th. Maybe this would be a good time for him to reach out to his family and his past and rekindle some of the love there.

Welcome, I'm an Equal house astrologer, so that's really nice, we do seem to be the minority here...;)

It be most helpful to ‘post’ their charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Did you know we have a 'Mecial forum' here on AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14

I also have Uranus in 7th conj Desc with squares to sun and moon, which need bit of excitement occasionally, if your too bored or stuck in a rut

Last edited: