Fixed Star 24LIB14 ARCTURUS

"a reputation of achieving ’justice through power’." [Arcturus]

"A strong Arcturus in your chart will indicate that you are a pathfinder, a person who needs to create a better way of life or a new way of doing something, not just for yourself but for others as well. There will also be a strong sense of leading others involved with this new path or idea"[Brady's of Fixed Stars, Bernadette Brady, p.79]

"ARCTURUS, the wonderful, the beautiful!" [Edgar Cayce] http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/Other/Arcturus/arcturus.php

i have mercury (48’) and venus (41’) conjunct Arcturus and can relate to the interpretations, especially about loosing things as i have saturn opposing Arcturus (07’).

anyone else have any contact with Arcturus?

Steeler

I too have my Mercury conjunct Arcturus and this is what Janus says about it:

"Arcturus, in Bootes (The Herdsman), has been called the "Watcher of the Bear", being near Ursa Major. Of the nature of Mars and Jupiter, Arcturus is associated with fame and honours. It also indicates an enterprising and pioneering spirit. If afflicted, good fortune can be reversed and losses are possible through litigation."

From what I've learned abou fixed stars, only the conjunction is to be looked at.

Olivia said:
It's on my Jupiter/MC. But I can't really relate.
that's seems odd. this is one of the two most fortunate fixed stars. according to Cayce it was the most spiritually influential of all fixed stars. how close are your jupiter and MC to Arcturus?

Steeler said:
From what I've learned abou fixed stars, only the conjunction is to be looked at.

that's generally the case but there are exceptions, and Arcturus is just one of them:

"If critically aspected, the good influence will be hampered or made into a real handicap. If involved in legal action, such a native may lose all." [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.63.]

freedomlover

"A strong Arcturus in your chart will indicate that you are a pathfinder, a person who needs to create a better way of life or a new way of doing something, not just for yourself but for others as well. There will also be a strong sense of leading others involved with this new path or idea"[Brady's of Fixed Stars, Bernadette Brady, p.79]
This fits me perfectly. My MC is 25'31" Libra. Quaoar (Liberation/Freedom) is also at 26'00" Libra. I believe both are within orb of Arcturus. My Mars ( ruler of my IC) is in Capricorn, conjunct my ASC. Mars is quintile the MC. Yep - pathfinder - that's me. I hadn't seen it this clearly in my chart before seeing the quote about Arcturus.

Thanks, venusfriend!

FL

freedomlover said:
This fits me perfectly. My MC is 25'31" Libra. Quaoar (Liberation/Freedom) is also at 26'00" Libra. I believe both are within orb of Arcturus. My Mars ( ruler of my IC) is in Capricorn, conjunct my ASC. Mars is quintile the MC. Yep - pathfinder - that's me. I hadn't seen it this clearly in my chart before seeing the quote about Arcturus.

Thanks, venusfriend!

FL
you've made my day freedomlover. compliments are few and far between for rebellious pathfinders. i noticed that jupiter trines your MC aswell, so you have similarities here with Olivia. i do get the feeling she is also a pathfinder.
taking an esoteric approach, i believe that when two people share contact with a star, it may indicate a karmic or past-life link. when looking at synastries, i first look to close conjunctions and check that they are on the same star. this also includes other points such as vertex, p.spirit, AC etc.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STONEHENGE AND THE SEQUANI CALENDAR[/FONT]

"In the fourth and fifth lunar cycles of the year, the moonths containing the Spring Equinox, the gods of sacrifice, Esus, Teutates, and Taranis are represented in the PRIN of Anagantios which is Arcturus, a reddish-orange star that signals a time of blood-letting and self-sacrifice. Known cross-culturally as The Dying Gods, these deities exemplify that self-sacrifice is the highest form of love."​

i have to let blood every three months due to hemochromatosis.
but that may also be linked to moon quincunx north node as i inherited the genes from both grandmothers.
also mars (iron in blood) quincuncx chiron (wounding for healing).
the quicuncx is an health aspect.
still the Celtic Arcturus link sounds nice.​

the barbers pole comes from the red of blood and white of the bandage as blood letting was traditionally done by barbers, using the cut-throat to slice open the vein.​

barbers_pole230.jpg

Last edited: