I am already grown up, but tell me what I wanna become :D

Summery Joy

Every now and then I wonder if I had made the right choices in my career path. I'd like to know what astrology has to tell me about it. Please take a look at my chart and tell me what fields of work I'm better suited for and if there are any that I'd be better off avoiding.

Natal data:

15 August 1979
00:30 (12:30 am). GMT+3
Cairo, Egypt. 30n03 , 31e15
ASC at Gemini 00:59

Thanks in advance.

Elianah

I can see why you are thinking about this right now, since transiting Saturn is conjunct your third house Mercury. Its trying to put some structure and stability into your thought processes about who you want the public you to be. There may also be some unconscious familial pressure being placed on the situation which will all come out in the wash as Saturn inches its way through that jam-packed 4th house of yours.

Since Saturn can destroy as well as build, look at this time as being a prepatory phase towards your Saturn return in a couple of years. To put a property spin on it, right now you are scouting out the area you want to build your universe in. It will draw heavily from how your family perceives you but will also transcend them (since transiting Saturn will be sextiling your natal Pluto as it approaches trining transiting Pluto).

Now the interesting feature of your chart is that the ruler of the 10th house cusp, Uranus, is in your 6th house of service and mentoring. What that service and mentoring will be will be unexpected not only by you but also your family. Transiting Uranus will be trining itself mid-to-late 2007, as preparation for your Saturn return. It will become clear at that time what it is you are to be doing when you "grow-up"—a nice Saturnian image for a Leo :wink:. Right now, although transiting Saturn is saying you should know now, allow yourself to go with the flow (the Pisces underbelly of your 10th house) and give yourself to time to consciously come into your "adultness."

I hope this helps.

Elianah

Summery Joy

Well, it does help. I suppose I should relax a bit about that whole career change / push issue..

But could you look at my chart and tell me what I'm really good at? I really do want to know what my strongest merit is (that i could use at work, that is). But I do not feel like I'm really good at anything in specific. I feel like I'm a jack of all trades and I'm starting to get tired of it.

Three-leg-cat

I'd like to add one point out of my experience.

As Uranus is your 10th house ruler and it's in the 6th house, it maybe somewhat related to the field for this house. But something I think it's important to look at the planets which have aspects applying to Uranus.

Uranus opposition Moon in the 12th house.
Uranus square Sun, Venus and Jupiter in the 4th house.
Uranus sextile Saturn in the 5th house cusp.
Uranus square MC/IC.

Before making judgements, I guess you may well know what's you have been experiencing with this aspects with Uranus. This would help when considering what your Uranus "may do" or "may not do".

From my experience, the houses with the above natal planets located would also somehow indicating the possible working places (if not working fields).

Elianah

Hi sore,

Your chart gives only a slice of who you are, and you are greater than the sum of all your planetary relationships. In your jack-of-all-trades mode, what are the things that interest you the most? What do you enjoy doing? What do you dislike doing? What type of things feed your soul as well as your pocketbook? Once you answer these questions (and Uranus trined itself and your Saturn return will provide key information to answer these questions), you will be able to recognize what you do well and bring them forth into the greater public.

Your Mercury is in the natural house it rules (3rd) and it has a very creative bent, thanks to being in Leo. Teaching falls under the the third house, as well as some forms of counseling, which would link with your 6th house Uranus. Since Uranus is the higher octave of Mercury, the service you could provide as a teacher/mentor/counselor will be very unique and unusual for the world you inhabit.

You can pull through fourth house family/clan "public" energy into the mix and be able to actualize the energy (Sun) in ways that may seem unusual for the general public (10th house cusp Aquarius) but will answer the need you have to create a "family" who can fully accept and respect the "you" you are becoming.

I cannot tell you what you are good at, but I am sure there are others on the site who believe they can and I hope they will respind to you. What I try to do is give you some optional views of the possible big picture. You can pull from those options the things that make the most sense for you.

For example, I could say that you could be very good at being a very deep, sensitive and creative writer on family matters through theatrical performance based on Cancer being on the third house cusp and your Leo Mercury and the interrelationships of the planets in your fourth house. You, on the other hand, may not like the theatre, hate writing and may think that creative writing about family matters mean situation comedies, which you would never be caught dead doing. Yet this is one possible interpretation of what you might be good at. Is it the right one? Most likely not, but that is not my work to do.

I guess where I come down is that you have to do the hard work of discovering the "you" you are and the "you" you are becoming. I can give you available options based upon your chart but I can't give you what you are the "best" at. Only the hard work of going into the depths of the self and learning to recognize and trust yourself and your natural talents will you be able to know what you are truly good at in the work world (or any other world).

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, I think you were hoping that someone could tell you who you should be in the work-a-day world. There are those who will give you that information but that gives you the easy out of possibly blaming them (or your chart) if it doesn't work out. By looking at all the possibilities and squaring them away with what you know about yourself, you can discover what you are best at, if you so choose.

I hope you find the answer that will satisfy you. I just can't give it to you.

Elianah

Summery Joy

Three-leg-cat,

Thanks for your insights.

I have that Leo stellium in the 4th house with two of the planets in opposition to the MC. I think this is why I'm having trouble with my careet; my energies are located on the other side. The Moon is in the 12th and Uranus is in th 6th, health matters come to mind, but I'm not trained in any of the health of medical fields.

Elianah,

As a matter of fact, I do enjoy writing. I used to think I was good at it, but for some reason I've been feeling restrained in my ideas, imagination and keeness on writing for around 3 years now. The last thing Iw rote something I liked was around the end of 2002. OK. Make that 4 years of restrain.

I never thought about writing about family issues though. I've written about feelings in general though.

I've been thinking lately that I'd be good at counselling. But, as I just said to Three-leg-cat, I'm not trained as a counselor. And, here comes another restrain factor, I'm having trouble starting education allover again when I already have 4 years of experience in something completely different.

I'm an audit and a business consultant. The business consultancy part is fine, but out firm doesn't get much work in that field. Most of what I do is auditing. Interestingly, I'm good at it. I just don't enjoy it very much, especially the part that has to do with writing the report? Funny for a writer, huh? Maybe because the reports are so standardized and structured. The whole auditing job is. No creation whatsoever.

To answer your questions
what are the things that interest you the most? What do you enjoy doing? What do you dislike doing? What type of things feed your soul as well as your pocketbook?

I'm intersted in human nature more than anything. I enjoy writing and doing astrology. I dislike having back problems caused by sitting at a desk all day long when I'm not even 27. I don't know what feeds my soul. God and religion make me feel better when I'm down. But as ashamed as I am to admit it, I still don't get enough satisfaction there either. I'm still growing in faith, I bleieve. Extra info: all my friends come to me to pour the problems. I'm famous of being a good listener. Sometimes I enjoy it and sometimes I don't; depends on how much I care about the person. Nonetheless, I'm a good listener with everyone.

How could someone be good at so many things that they don't enjoy, I'll never know.

The one thing that frustrate me the most is that everyone around me thinks I'm someone with wasted high caliber. What caliber are they talking about?

Thanks for your time and thoughts. You did help a lot. If you have some spare time, I'd like you to go to the URL I have in my signature and tell me what you think.

Elianah

Hi sore,

I understand what you say about writing. Most people who know me say I am a very good writer and they can't wait for me to write my first novel. For me, I do not read much fiction and have no interest in writing a novel. Yet that is what they expect of me. Do I have a book in me? Yes. What will it be on? I still have no clue.

Writing is a very personal thing once you step outside the business world. Generating reports is not very creative because you really can't put a lot of yourself into a business report. The same about being a reporter for a newspaper. You don't have as much control over what stories you get to report.

Your chart does indicate that your heart belongs with creative expression through some sort of communications. If we use the fact you like to write and at this point you are not ready to pursue additional education to become a counselor, how can you "counsel" through writing? Astrology is one way, and you do do this quite well as indicated through your thoughtful responses.

Now, think of a business as a family or clan. Perhaps writing a "counseling" column on the relationships of co-workers to each other, to their supervisors, and to the company. If your firm has a company newsletter, check in with the editor with a couple of sample columns to show him/her what you are suggesting. I know that when I was editing newsletters, I was always looking for others who could produce content so I wasn't writing everything as well as editing.

Now the catch with this is that no matter what the format, you will always be edited by others except in forums like this. Most formats have limited space and an editorial point of view. You have to be strong enough to allow your writing be on its own, like a parent sending a child off to college, and be all right when it comes back changed. Sometimes, after it is editied, it may not say what you thought it should say but it will say what is needed to be said for that time in that format.

Could you be good at this type of writing? Possibly, if you can let your writing go and not get upset when you are edited.

Another possibility is starting an e-zine that you could set the editorial tone, write some of the major articles and solicit articles. You could allow your creative communication skills out through both the writing and editing. You could create a "family" of writers that are regular contributers to the e-zine. You could keep your day job that pays your bills and do something outside of that which meets your passions.

Just some ideas to help you start thinking outside the box...

Elianah

Ace

argh! okay i just sent a LONG message and somehow i got logged out and it never posted :evil: .

anyway, i wanted to share my thoughts too, but since it was erased, to sum it up i would like to say that you definitely have a nice placement of mercury. it looks like you have a good way with words and can speak with dramatic conviction. perhaps good at being a motivational speaker on some humanitarian cause? just an idea.... :wink: although your posts in the forum are already helping a lot of people...perhaps delving even deeper into it may be just what the doctor ordered :mrgreen:

some practical advice as i am in my saturn return and i'm feeling it's effects (strongly i might add) and not in the best way either, but do a lot of planning and research at this stage. a lot of prep work and sacrifices may have to be made as your saturn return continues to draw closer, but as you already know lessons are taught during this time and certain sacrifices will have to be made for the changes that you would like to have reflected in your career. i suggest either interviewing/shadowing with jobs that you would like so you get an idea of what's it's like and what to expect. or volunteer work in the field can provide some insight too. if i had simply done all this, i would not have wasted a few years trying to figure things out, when all i had to do was really have an honest conversation with myself.

there are only a lucky few who can say they truly enjoy every aspect of their job. but realistically, most people don't and it all comes down to at the end of the day are you happy. or looking even more so towards the future, can you picture yourself doing this for many years to come? if the answer is no, seek out alternatives and find something that will. it was a journey for me, but i settled onto teaching. i can say i don't like the extra work i have to take home every night and all the prep work at times, however what goes on behind the scenes is less important than what goes on when i'm actually in the classroom. so in essence, i am happy overall and i won't get bored with this job! there's always a different dynamic everyday and new students every year. certainly it keeps me on my toes! the same goes for your consulting/auditing. certain things you like and don't. but is it your passion? find out what is...may i recommend a book to you? What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson It's a collection of true stories where the author traveled around and these people in the book answered that question one day and discovered their true passion. it's a very interesting book and i found myself relating to many of these people (we are not alone hehe).

i hope your find something you truly enjoy and good luck in that search. i'm sure you'll do great things with your "caliber". I've heard this from my friends too as well (coming from yours truly a self proclaimed jack of all, master of none). The potential is there for greater things, it's just a matter of harnessing it towards a focal point of true interest by the individual (of course easier said than done, right? :?

Ace

argh! okay i just sent a LONG message and somehow i got logged out and it never posted :evil: .

anyway, i wanted to share my thoughts too, but since it was erased, to sum it up i would like to say that you definitely have a nice placement of mercury. it looks like you have a good way with words and can speak with dramatic conviction. perhaps good at being a motivational speaker on some humanitarian cause? just an idea.... :wink: although your posts in the forum are already helping a lot of people...perhaps delving even deeper into it may be just what the doctor ordered :mrgreen:

some practical advice as i am in my saturn return and i'm feeling it's effects (strongly i might add) and not in the best way either, but do a lot of planning and research at this stage. a lot of prep work and sacrifices may have to be made as your saturn return continues to draw closer, but as you already know lessons are taught during this time and certain sacrifices will have to be made for the changes that you would like to have reflected in your career. i suggest either interviewing/shadowing with jobs that you would like so you get an idea of what's it's like and what to expect. or volunteer work in the field can provide some insight too. if i had simply done all this, i would not have wasted a few years trying to figure things out, when all i had to do was really have an honest conversation with myself.

there are only a lucky few who can say they truly enjoy every aspect of their job. but realistically, most people don't and it all comes down to at the end of the day are you happy. or looking even more so towards the future, can you picture yourself doing this for many years to come? if the answer is no, seek out alternatives and find something that will. it was a journey for me, but i settled onto teaching. i can say i don't like the extra work i have to take home every night and all the prep work at times, however what goes on behind the scenes is less important than what goes on when i'm actually in the classroom. so in essence, i am happy overall and i won't get bored with this job! there's always a different dynamic everyday and new students every year. certainly it keeps me on my toes! the same goes for your consulting/auditing. certain things you like and don't. but is it your passion? find out what is...may i recommend a book to you? What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson It's a collection of true stories where the author traveled around and these people in the book answered that question one day and discovered their true passion. it's a very interesting book and i found myself relating to many of these people (we are not alone hehe).

i hope your find something you truly enjoy and good luck in that search. i'm sure you'll do great things with your "caliber". I've heard this from my friends too as well (coming from yours truly a self proclaimed jack of all, master of none). The potential is there for greater things, it's just a matter of harnessing it towards a focal point of true interest by the individual (of course easier said than done, right? :?

Three-leg-cat

sorehearted said:
I'm an audit and a business consultant. The business consultancy part is fine, but out firm doesn't get much work in that field. Most of what I do is auditing. Interestingly, I'm good at it. I just don't enjoy it very much, especially the part that has to do with writing the report? Funny for a writer, huh? Maybe because the reports are so standardized and structured. The whole auditing job is. No creation whatsoever.

Uranus in the Sixth House
(extracted from Parkers' Astrology, Julia & Derek Parker)
Constructing a pattern of work
The attitude towards routine work will be complex. The Virgo/sixth house likes and needs a steady routine and some security at work, but the Uranian influence here is disruptive, often causing the individual to become fed up with routine tasks. Encourage the even flow of both physical and nervous energy, and the establishment of an overall pattern to the life. In order that he or she avoids stress, suggest that your subject introduces plenty or variety, with a different pattern and routine for every day of the week. Adopting such a constructive plan will help her to gain inner fulfilment and complete whatever has to be done.

While I have Uranus not so far from yours because we are from 1979, I can feel the transitting Jupiter brings such a great excitement on the natal Uranus(Jupiter conjunct Uranus), igniting its nervous energy and motivation of changes that has long been dormant or hidden. For me, the question is about relationship, while yours is about career and work. It is as if you are saying that: "I get bored with the business routine, why not do something new that I haven't seriously thought of for the past few years?"

But here is the reminder for your natal Uranus applies a square to natal Jupiter in the 4th house. And Jupiter in the 4th house(near IC), as you say, would not help make effort in your career generally. At least you'd not seek an career just for material wealth, or in other words, it is usually comfortable enough to stay at home with the family since you receive wealth or contributing some wealth to it. Then as if you are saying another words like, "I'd like something new, but there seems to be nothing more comfortable than staying at home...replying astrology questions, typing poems busily in the blog, just be okay without salary..."

What would you think next?...

HaHa, I've got my natal Moon (14Leo28) in your IC so I wouldn't be very helpful to your oringinal questions, just adding feelings that are counteracting with your careers... I've to appologize for that.

Summery Joy

Ace and Three-leg-cat,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I'm not very happy with my job and I cannot imagine myself doing it for the next 10 years. I could take it if it's all business advisory and ditch the auditing thing alltogether, but that will not happen in my family firm. I'll have to quit and join another firm.

It's true, I don't care about the material outcome of my job/career. As long as I'm making enough money to keep my lifestyle going (which is not very extravagant really), I'm good. And although I cannot imagine myself not working, I'd rather stay home and not work than do something I hate.

Another option just came across my path yesterday. A friend of mine wants me to use me expertise to manage his cousin's company. I told him I wouldn't quit my currnt job for that but that I can do both at the same time. He was ok with it. Now that is a pretty good option for now; doing two completely different things simultaneously. It may not be great on the long run, but my Gemini ASC will keep it interesting enough for me not to be bored out of my mind.

Thanks for you input, everyone. You have all been very helpful.