Which chart is best? first meeting or first date?

delilah4

I've heard that in astrology the start of a romantic relationship is considered the day & time of the physical consummation.

So does that mean that first meeting charts and first date charts don't matter? Which one is better?

I met someone on New Year's eve at around 8:15 (but we had our first conversation around 11:30pm) and we're going on our first date tomorrow.

delilah4 said:
I've heard that in astrology the start of a romantic relationship is considered the day & time of the physical consummation.

So does that mean that first meeting charts and first date charts don't matter? Which one is better?

I met someone on New Year's eve at around 8:15 (but we had our first conversation around 11:30pm) and we're going on our first date tomorrow.

I would personally look for transits, your going about this the wrong way, you should be looking at your secondary progressions, Solar arcs, solar returns and transits for general indications of romance. When a relationship starts and you get their birth data, you can then go about synastry questions in correct forum. This is prob why you not getting the responses.

bit like which comes first chicken or egg....:rolleyes:

freedomlover

From my viewpoint, I would consider the first meeting chart to be indicative of "why the Universe brought the two of you together" - and should, therefore, contain some clues to that reason. I would consider the "first date" chart to just be the outline of that date and what results from it - what things are set in motion.

FleetingDasein

If you do end up casting a first meeting chart I think the most important thing you should look at is the Moon. If it's in the late degrees, no dice, the relationship probably won't last.

I was looking at the first meeting chart of someone I dated for roughly a month, and there it was, the 29'Moon.

Somethings I could decipher from our First Meeting Chart:

The Sun was conjunct Mercury, we talked for hours.

Both were in the 7th house. It was quite clear that we met with the intention of being in a relationship.

Mars in the 6th house: I was sick when we met. Pluto conjunct Mars, as soon as I saw him I felt so much better.

Venus in the 8th and it was very intense (you can imagine what happened a few hours after meeting ;)).

Saturn in the 3rd, we had difficulty speaking to each other as we both speak different languages.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I was looking at the first meeting chart of someone I dated for roughly a month, and there it was, the 29'Moon.

I also learned that Full Moon first meeting charts quickly climax, then decline. Of course, this one restarted several months later on the road, but it was interesting.

Venus in the 8th and it was very intense (you can imagine what happened a few hours after meeting ;)).

What? Did you kill him!? :p

Anyway, Delilah, as for your situation, it's best to use the chart where you were first introduced to him, so, the 8:15. Whoever introduced themselves first is the First house, the other gets the Seventh. Go from there.

FleetingDasein

What? Did you kill him!? :p

Let's just he's very lucky to be alive. If anyone should have died from that Venus in the 8th and Mars/Pluto conjunction it would have been me! I got Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th. From what I've read around, that should promise an interesting, I'm hoping "kinky" death.

It's interesting you said that because this relationship also "restarted" about 2 years from that first meeting. I wonder if there's a pattern. :confused:

Last edited: