PDA

View Full Version : Astrological Configurations and Allergies.

Draco
04-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

Recently I have been thinking about allergies, and where particular allergies might be represented in a persons natal chart.

I have an idea that the Moon is probably the culprit when it comes to allergies, as an allergy is all about a heightened sensitivity to something, and sensitivities are the Moon's area of influence.

Personally, I have the most terrible allergy to cats, which is a shame really as I am quite fond of them. The trouble is, if I my skin comes into contact, either directly or by transmission, with traces of cat-fur, my skin burns up with the most intense, burning itchiness which is completely impossible to satisfy no matter how much I scratch the area. The more I scratch the more intense the itching becomes, and the area becomes very sore, inflamed and reddened. The skin becomes very breakable and I can quite literally, when it's really bad, scratch my skin off. This is an eczematic reaction, yet I do not suffer from eczema for any other reason than if I come into contact with whatever substance it is within the fur of a cat that sets my skin aflame like this.

Whatever chemical it is on the fur of a cat that causes this intense allergic reaction, I have no idea, but if it comes into contact with my skin, especially the softer parts, such as the backs of the knees, the inner elbows or on my belly, I'm in for a really miserable time, as it can be very sore and the rashes and marks it leaves behind can look terrible.

I wondered if such an allergy might be described in my natal chart. If I consider the Moon's position then I think it's quite interesting, as I think it might have something to contribute to my allergy.

My Moon is in the 29th degree of Leo, the feline sign, (the critical degree may be significant?) and is positioned in the 6th house, the house of small creatures, and therefore the house of cats. Also it is the house of health disorders, and so would concern allergies in any case. The fact that my Moon is in the feline sign and in the feline house, which is also the house of ailments seems descriptive in itself, but there must be more to it than this, so it is interesting to observe that my Moon separates from a square to Mars in Scorpio in the 8th.

My skin reacts to whatever substance it is in a cat's fur, as if it was a poison, which is significant, as when I am suffering one of my allergic episodes I have often described it to others as it being 'like having acid thrown on my skin'. Scorpio is the venemous sign, it is poisonous, especially with Mars placed here, who causes burning, irritation and inflammation, particularly as he is so strong in toxic Scorpio. The fact that Mars is in the 8th can't help either, because the 8th carries a degenerating influence and goes against the natural order of things.

So considering all this I cannot help but think that my Moon in Leo in the 6th, coming off the square from that venemous Mars in Scorpio in the 8th, has a lot to do with my awful eczematic allergy to cats.

It may seem even more descriptive if I consider that the Sun, despositor of my feline Moon, applies a sextile to Mars as well, and is also my 6th house ruler.

(I was just focusing on personal planets and major aspects here, in order to get just the bare essentials).

All in all, I feel that I have rather a good description of this horrible allergy described in my chart.

Are any of you similarly allergic to cats? If so, what do you feel may be the clues as to this allergy in your own chart? Do you suffer bouts of eczema and what acts as the trigger?

If you are very allergic to cats also or suffer an eczematic allergy to something then here is my data, so that you can see if there are any comparisons which can be drawn with your own:

15th September 1982, 19:05, Blackpool, England, 03W03 / 53N45

Are any of you allergic to anything, such as nettles, bee-stings, peanuts, wool or anything else, and where do you feel that such allergies are shown in the chart?

Do you think that there may be indications in my chart describing this condition which I may have overlooked? Have any of you looked for allergies in people's charts before and what did you find?

I'm tempted to think that the Moon and the 6th house have a lot to do with allergy, as well as Mars, for the irritations that allergies normally produce would usually be of a Mars nature, such as burning, itching, swelling, rashing etc.

Thanks for reading, I'll look forward to your replies.

Draco :wink:

EvilPixyScorp
04-03-2006, 02:17 AM
hehe, I'm so psychic Draco!
I knew you were gunna mention a Leo Moon before reading this. :)

Yep, my friend has a Leo Moon, 15 degrees.
It's squared by Neptune Scorp & Jupiter Taur.
He wasn't even around a darn cat, *but* I have many..He said I make him sneeze & he's allergic.

Maybe it's a subconscious manifestation-since allergies seem so random.(Are they genetically passed on?)
...or in your prenatal state, mom had a bad experience with a cat/animal?
(Not saying everyone's mother with a Leo Moon got scratch by one..just rambling)
Interesting about the Scorpio/toxic posion feel link!
That's why I love astrology...Explains how come you ended up with it acting up in that way, and not in simple sneezing fits? :)
Don't have his exact time, but it's dispositor Sun is in Cap, trine Mars/Virgo.

The Mars/Moon midpoint is accurate to watch for health flare ups.
I read it shows your emotional resistance/will & physical willpower to battle body invaders.
When tr. Nep hit it..suddenly became allergic to Tequila.
Tr. Saturn opp. it...needed to pay dental dues for not flossing enough.

My Pisces Moon is hit by 6 other planets, my only allergy is to penicillen(sp?)...Have to look into what rules antibiotics...

cara4art
04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't have respiratory allergies as such, but boy does my skin act up if I put the wrong stuff on it. Living here at high altitude in a semi-arid climate(Santa Fe area in New Mexico) which increases dryness and sensitivity exponenetially doesn't help either. I have a stellium of Saturn(5 Leo), Pluto(11 Leo) and the Moon(15 Leo)in my 6th house. I also have that Moon in a T-square with a Mars 23 Taurus(beginning of 3rd house)-JupiterRx 18 Scorpio(late 8th house) opposition to boot. I also have to be careful what I eat, as things that other people eat with impunity(food that's even a LITTLE bit off, heavier foods, etc.)often make me ill with food poisoning or just feeling like I ate the wrong thing! With that in mind, for a good part of my life, since my mid-20's, I have taken care for the most part to eat VERY healthily, with a largely vegetarian orientation, with just some of the lighter animal proteins.

Howl
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Can't remember where I got the idea, but I have long associated allergies and sensitivities with having my natal sun conjunct neptune in the sixth house. Think I read something along the lines of these planets in sixth house position rendering me 'very sensitive' to the influences of my environment :D

If it helps your argument at all, the twin brother of mine I have mentioned also has neptune conjunct his sun, but his sun is in the fifth house rather than the sixth. We are both allergic to cats :D but it's me who got stuck with the asthma, food intolerancies etc!

Radu
05-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Interested thread.

Allergies are widespread in the modern world, partly due to the hygenic condition we consider as "safe", but which deprive us from an early contact with certain natural substances which would train our immune system. Third world countries don't have a such problem with allergies, they battle other diseases such as infectious illnesses (parasites, bacteria).

Allergies are rather a kind of disease of the immune system, the organism is unable to cope with specific normal stimulus of the environment and reacts aggressively against them.

I don't have astrological experience with allergies, but based on the above, I'd expect Mars (aggressive reaction) the to be in a conflictual aspect with the Moon or the Ascendant (body).

Draco, your case could be a model - 6th house Moon in Leo (feline) in square with Mars and Uranus (it represents the violent reaction of the organism when entering in contact with cat fur proteins).

Allergies have also a genetic component, they tend to agglomerate in some families, and in such cases, some other astrological elements are to be considered also, such as the Sun (ADN, the father, the other relatives on the father's side) or the 4th house (heredity).

Specific allergies will have their own astrological patterns. We've seen in Draco's case the Moon in Leo to be associated with cat allergy. I'd expect to see Venus involved in case of pollen allergy or some kinds of food allergy (depends on the food). Neptune could be involved in allergies at chemicals such as perspirants or dyes and so on an so forth.

It's a subject well worth investigating. I'll be watching this thread for replies.

Frisiangal
05-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Allergies seem to be representative of Virgo (irritations towards particles of substance) and/or Moon in Virgo (reactions to particles of substance) My Virgo Sun next door neighbour has a garden of weeds because he's allergic to flowers! My friend's Virgo Sun son has 1001 allergies. Two of my three children have Virgo Moons, one has Leo Moon. Guess which two suffer terribly with hay fever........ and, yes, I HAVE asked them if they are allergic to me:D.

F.

Lorielle
05-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I have moon in Leo in the 6th. My emotions greatly affect how I feel. If I'm stressed and/or worried, forget about eating. :( The only thing that I'm allergic to that I know of is corn pollen. I discovered that one year while on a hot, humid summer day, in the middle of a corn field, while detassling corn, I got very sick. Hands, feet, everything swelled up. Nasty. My boyfriend also has his moon in Leo and he is highly allergic to most everything. His moon is in the 7th.

Lori

holly
09-23-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't have much to add, just wanted to say that I suffer from allergies too! I haven't been tested yet, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm allergic to, but I suspect it's dust. My allergy lasts all year round (so it's not hayfever) and seemed to start when I got a job as a house cleaner (why I suspect dust!).

I'm not sure where this is represented in my birth chart but I'll have a look based on what others have said about their charts and allergies!

Capricorn Moon. Virgo on the third house, empty. Mercury in Capricorn. Neptune in the 6th. Hmm, so nothing stands out there.

But then I discovered:

Uranus in the 6th, square Mars. Mars conjunct Venus. Venus ruler of the 4th (4th = home = dust!).

Did I win, or is that way too convoluted to be correct!? hehe :)

Francesca
10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Sorehearted has Uranusin the 6th, square venus(the skin), and opposed to the moon in the 12th house. Ask HER about allergies. I think you capped it, Draco.

allie_b
10-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I have many allergies to pollen, mold, and many, many food allergies. My Sun is in the 6th in Pisces opposing Pluto, Uranus, and Jupiter in the 12th. My moon is in Aries in the 7th also opposing Uranus and Jupiter, as well as Asc., squaring Midheaven trining mars in the 3rd.

Don't know if this correlates with allergies. But I certainly have a fair amount of them.

Claire19
10-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Yes allergies are concerned with the 6th house and the 1st to some extent. Virgo and Mercury in particular and its aspects tell a story. Moon in Leo also in your case with the felines. Neptune rules liquids so that could be sinus and throat and lung congestion. Mars for the head area, nose and ears.
I have a 6th house stellium in Leo and Mercury square Moon!!!! Also Mars conjunct Neptune from the 8th. I am not allergic to any animal at all as far as I know. Mainly in the springtime with the blooms. I have tinnitus related to allergies which is chronic. We do not have cats in our household and never have. May be a sub conscious aversion. With Moon in Taurus would I be allergic to cows???? maybe.

Claire

StelliumGoat
10-26-2006, 06:30 AM
I have allergies too. I'm allergic to grass pollen, tree pollen, and weed pollen. The only planet I have in the 6th house is Chiron in Cancer and it makes a square to my moon in the 8th house in Libra. Chiron also is inconjunct (I think) to my Mercury in the 1st House. There's also oppositions from Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune who are in the 12th House in Capricorn. My Moon also makes a square with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

I've also heard someone mention a few posts ago that Venus might be connected to allergies. My Venus is at the end of the 12th House but interpreted as being in the 1st House, but it has no bad (or hard) aspects. It is in conjunction with Neptune. So that may another reason for my allergies.

By the way, I have a silly question. I really don't know much about medical astrology but I was wondering what chart do you use in medical astrology. Do you make a chart of when the allergies started or do you use your natal chart, because maybe allergies are in your destiny or what? Or do you compare those two charts to see what sparked it?

I just realized something, there's another odd connection to my allergies. All the hard aspects I mentioned are in earth, air, and water signs. Mostly the focus is on earth signs (and I am allergic to mostly nature) the air signs also could represent pollen, since it does travel through air and the water could represent all the symptoms that come with allergies, sneezing, watery eyes, and post nasal drip (at least for me anyway).

Here's another one I forgot, Mars is square to my Sun, which is also in the first house.

Claire19
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
For any medical diagnosis we always use the natal chart and transits and progressions for treatment at any particular time. Gemini Virgo 6th house planets denote allergies especially to food and to animals such as our pets. 1st house for the immediate environment in some cases. THe moon denotes those ailments which may have been inherited. Neptune for the fluids yes, Mars for the head area such as nose, eyes and ears. Mercury is main significator for allergies as they typically affect the lungs.

Claire

Claire19
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Always the 6th house is involved with allergies in my experience and also the 1st in many cases. The 12th??? that can be weaknesses coming from the past but not specifically related to allergies. Although Neptune can be as it rules fluids, a difference. Uranus for the nervous system and Venus for the complexion and with Taurus for instance the plants and flowers and their pollen. So skin rashes and hives etc would be indicated. I think that with Uranus the circulation would be involved too. For allergies Mercury must play a part somewhere in my experience. THere are many and varied possibilities.

Claire

StelliumGoat
10-26-2006, 07:46 PM
I had a question, could aspects to the 12th house be related to mental health?
As, I have also dealt with depression and anxiety in my life.

allie_b
10-26-2006, 10:01 PM
StelliumGoat,

As a person with many oppositions to the 12th from the 6th, and having dealt with depression most of my life, I am thinking that you may be on to something: aspects to planets in the 12th house could most definitely relate to mental health. Can anybody else relate?

Capella
10-27-2006, 11:11 AM
It is said that Aquarius gives extremely senstive skins. Like Draco i have the moon in Leo, but i am not allergic to cats, but to the hairs of dogs and horses. othertimes i am very sensitive to any cosmetics. and I have Moon in large square with Uranus. the Leo Moon seems to be very sensitive to any critique, they tend to be "overly-sensitive" to their environment. I think the Leo Moon must have a rapport with allergy, real or figurative. :p

Claire19
10-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Aquarius doesnt rule skin as such but nerves and nervous system. Ankles and calves belong to Uranus and Aquarius.

Mental problems are not directly related to 12th house but Neptune and Mercury, Uranus and Mercury aspects plus Moon for inherited factors.

Claire

Claire19
10-28-2006, 03:48 AM
6th house relates to health and 12th to weaknesses, neuroses from the past so challenging aspects to those houses can point to problems yes.

Claire

StelliumGoat
10-28-2006, 05:40 AM
I was just wondering, which sign does rule the skin?

Claire19
10-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Mmmm yes what sign does rule the skin and which planet? It is the largest organ of the body. Some say Capricorn and Saturn but that could be the process of ageing which shows in the skin..........must investigate...

Claire

starlink
11-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi Stelliumgoat! I think mental health problems are mostly found in the 3rd house afflictions and the first house as well. I have a family member who is manic depressive (since his 21st birthday), he is now 49, and he has Saturn (in Scorpio) in the first, in square to his Sun and his Moon in Capricorn in Square to Neptune in the 12th, so, like you asked, the 12th is certainly also to be considered.

Frisiangal
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I had a question, could aspects to the 12th house be related to mental health?
As, I have also dealt with depression and anxiety in my life.

Depression and anxiety are related to Saturn, and you mentioned a Saturn-Neptune-Uranus conjunction in your earlier post that squares Moon. This would incline towards 'emotional' rather than 'mental' depression. Depression could but not necessarily will become chronic from the stellium being in Capricorn. Yet, with the stellium in Capricorn you are of a young enough age to overcome any depression you experience by simply taking what it is that bothers you OUT OF the 12th house and dealing with it. Face it instead of hiding from it ( Saturn-Neptune) and change your ideas instead of allowing an old and outdated pattern (Saturn-Urauns) get the better of you.

I was just wondering, which sign does rule the skin?

It really does depend upon the type of skin complaint. As had been said elsewhere Saturn, as end of the physical existence and, therefore, also that of the body, rules the protective outer skin. Saturn-ruled skin complaints are the long-term chronic ones; dried and/or scaly skin, psoriasis, etc.. The allergy/dermatological skin complaints can usually be found under Virgo and/or an afflicted Mercury (together with breathing problems?), whilst the 'beautiful skin' complaints, shingles and Herpes are a product of Libra through its ruler Venus.
Infectious skin diseases also have their rulerships which sometimes fall outside of this pattern.

F.

Carole
11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Draco:

I've learned that a strong Neptune influence makes you prone to develop allergies. I have seen in charts of people I know (one of them is my son's) that relation between Neptune and allergies. You have a Pisces (it rules immune system hence allergies) ascendant, and Neptune angular and aspected by Saturn (which rules the skin), what would count as a strong Neptune influence regarding health issues, in my humble opinion. All of this added to those aspects you pointed out in your post. I myself suffer from severe allergies (respiratory type) and I have Neptune almost sitting on my ascendant in the twelfth house in Scorpio, aspecting my Mercury (ruler of the lungs) in Scorpio in the first house.

Do you think you have an enhanced sensitivity to medicaments in general?

Carole

Frisiangal
11-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Draco:

.......that relation between Neptune and allergies. You have a Pisces (it rules immune system hence allergies) ascendant, and Neptune angular and aspected by Saturn (which rules the skin), what would count as a strong Neptune influence regarding health issues.............

Hi Carole,
Where did you learn that Pisces rules the immune system ? I thought this was generally classified as Capricorn/Saturn....protective boundaries... and Pisces/Neptune referred to the dissolution of all physical boundaries, including those of the body. This seemed to coincide with the transit of Neptune into Capricorn (with Jupiter) and the first socially public known cases and understanding of AIDS.

Just curious.

F.

starlink
11-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Hello Frisiangal! I also read that Neptune rules the immune system or at least is connected with auto-immune illnesses. When the 12th house is being "attacked", the body seems to loose the capacity to recognize it's own structures and destroys them. In the 12th house we are the most vulnerable and negative thoughts can lead to the collapse of our defense system.
The functions of the mamal gland which makes T-lymfocytes, necessary for the immunity, are connected with the 12th house and it's rulers Neptune and Jupiter. I found this in a book about medical astrology written by Dr. Margaret Millard.

jagetoile
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
deleted post.

starlink
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks Jag, nice to get some feedback on this. I do totally agree with what Joanne Chicoine says. I knew about the (flat)feet, the cancer (chemo) and coma associated with Neptune but not about asthme, thought that that fell under Mercury. (or maybe Neptune-Mercury?). Ciao!

jagetoile
11-07-2006, 02:09 PM
deleted post.

Carole
11-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Frisiangal:

I like to analyse and investigate and I have found interesting similarities in different books about medical astrology. I tend to blend what I learn from the vedic medical astrology with the western medical astrology and see if I can apply it and use it with people I treat. Of course, I am far from being an expert in this field, but in the books and a few articles I've read about vedic, Pisces is considered to rule allergies, lymph glands and immune system besides the feet.
I mentioned that because I have noticed the relation between pisces-neptune-allergies in a number of people, most of them, people who I treat and have treated with reflexology therapy. Skin allergies are, as well, linked to Virgo, which rules the intestines, and curiously, that corresponding area on the feet is the area I work upon to treat allergies and the person usually improves a lot.
I read something really interesting once. It was about the link between negative emotions and the different illnesses. I remember that heart conditions, back and joints ailments were being related to anger and impatience. And allergies (both respiratory and skin) were related to jealousy and possessiveness. It was truly interesting because my eldest daughter (who is a Leo) has suffered from tachycardia episodes and back and joint pain. One of my sisters suffers from skin and respiratory allergies (she is a Virgo) and I suffer a severe respiratory allergy as well. In our case this theory seems to be proven since my daughter is a very irritable and impatient young woman, my sister is absolutely possessive and jealous and in my case, well...I think I have learned to control my possessiveness, but I have not been so successful in controlling my jealousy, I guess. I am perhaps the proverbial Scorpio.:o

Carole

starlink
11-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Thanks Jag, I also have seen kids with asthm who were very oppressed by their parent(s), very much having to do what they tell them, so psychological pressure could also trigger asthm. Starlink

jagetoile
11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
deleted post.

Frisiangal
11-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello Frisiangal! I also read that Neptune rules the immune system or at least is connected with auto-immune illnesses. When the 12th house is being "attacked", the body seems to loose the capacity to recognize it's own structures and destroys them. In the 12th house we are the most vulnerable and negative thoughts can lead to the collapse of our defense system.
The functions of the mamal gland which makes T-lymfocytes, necessary for the immunity, are connected with the 12th house and it's rulers Neptune and Jupiter. I found this in a book about medical astrology written by Dr. Margaret Millard.

Hi Starlink,
I have Millard's 'Casenotes of a Medical Astrologer', which I dug out again after reading your post. I remember the difficulty I had reading it first time many years back because of her saying, 'forget all the old ideas regarding rulerships', as if her findings were the new dictated laws to be followed. I don't know if this is the book to which you refer.
Without the time to study the chart examples again for proof, I did, however, find the reference you state above regarding the T-lymfocytes, Neptune and Jupiter, which was mentioned in her description of the 12th house. I guess it depends upon how one reads the words; necessary for immunity may not mean the immune system itself, just as the brakes system is necessary for a car but isn't the complete car, if you understand my meaning.

Carole wrote:

I tend to blend what I learn from the vedic medical astrology with the western medical astrology and see if I can apply it and use it with people I treat. Of course, I am far from being an expert in this field, but in the books and a few articles I've read about vedic, Pisces is considered to rule allergies, lymph glands and immune system besides the feet.

I'm not even a qualified novice in Medical astrology. :)
I've never studied vedic astrology and wonder if this is the explanation regarding differences in rulerships where dis-ease is concerned; the gradual mingling of eastern with western astrology. Every chart I look at is perceived through western teachings, so whenever I read of something totally different, any knowledge I possess is in need of a tune up! It is NOT criticism, believe me, but a seeking of answers.

I read something really interesting once. It was about the link between negative emotions and the different illnesses.

This is my whole perceptive viewpoint from what I was taught regarding what I prefer to call Health rather than Medical astrology. I would stake my life upon the fact that suppressed emotional/psychical disorders find their outlet through physical complaints, and IF a person can be made aware of 'the where' a predisposition towards a physical complaint lies if they don't deal with the negative spiral then all dis-ease could be banished. Very Utopian, I know. I haven't yet found a philosophy (natal Taurus Sun in 9th) that answers the why of complaints from birth. I suspect it's a path that leads beyond my concern with only the NOW of conscious life;).

I remember that heart conditions, back and joints ailments were being related to anger and impatience. And allergies (both respiratory and skin) were related to jealousy and possessiveness. It was truly interesting because my eldest daughter (who is a Leo) has suffered from tachycardia episodes and back and joint pain. One of my sisters suffers from skin and respiratory allergies (she is a Virgo) and I suffer a severe respiratory allergy as well. In our case this theory seems to be proven

Was this correlation from the vedic perspective?

From a tropical astrology viewpoint, may I also ask if the heart and back (Leo and Aquarius related) and joints (Gemini) ailments arose from a difficulty within the person to express their individuality in everyday life in the manner they desired? As if no one was interested in or wanted to hear (Gemini) their side of things? They didn't 'join in', had difficulty coping with a(ny) change of ideas, kept themselves apart? Difficulties or concern for the father.

My now 31 yr. old son-in-law is a dear. At 21, he had to be treated for a back hernia. I asked his mum for his birth data. A Libra Sun opp. Chiron, with Moon in Taurus T-square Saturn in Leo-Uranus in Scorpio. I thought it very coincidental that it followed a time when his father's health was deteriorating (Parkinson's) and their farm had to be sold because the eldest son didn't want to take it over. My s-i-l, a farmer in heart and soul, would have dearly loved to have taken it over but didn't have the funds to do so. Its sale and concern for his dad not only broke his heart but broke his spirit for a while as well.

In a very early post in this thread I mentioned the association of Virgo and aggravational emotional reactions to 'substances' outside themselves, meaning not pollen etc., but people and events! Mercury's adjoining influence with respirational problems; not speaking up or out, say what is one's mind, etc.

My youngest daughter was physically abused as a teenager. She can't let it go. It's become her 'private demon'. She has Mars-conjunct Uranus in Scorpio opposing 8th house MEAN Black Moon Lilith, and suffers regularly from acute ( Uranus) bladder (traditionally Scorpio ruled) infections (Mars)....the most recent exactly coinciding with Mars's return. She also has Moon in Virgo and suffers from pollen and pine tree allergy. I've wondered if the latter is associated with the place the abuse took place that has become impregnated upon her mind.

F.

jagetoile
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
deleted post.

starlink
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi Frisiangal, I honestly did not remember anymore what was written about disregarding rulerships. I think I got the book about 20 years ago, the only one I have about medical astrology (because I did not want to dig into it further than just know a few basics regarding signs and which illness they were most prone to. I just remembered what I once read in her book about this Neptune thing and I quoted it. About her own findings I can only say "Who knows!". We all have to figure out what works best for us right? I like Placidus, another likes Koch, one swears by progressions, another, like Noel Tylle swears even more by Solar Arc measurements. It does not mean that they dictate a new law on us. It just shows that they are trying to figure out a way that suits them best, something all astrologers should do. Shall we cook it, fry it, steam it or put it in the micro? I admire anyone who tries something new, how else will new inventions be made?

Carole
11-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Jagetoile:

I have looked for the site for hours a few occasions, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I would appreciate a lot if you happened to find it some time and let me know when you do it.:)

Thanks!!

Carole

Carole
11-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Frisiangal wrote:

I've never studied vedic astrology and wonder if this is the explanation regarding differences in rulerships where dis-ease is concerned; the gradual mingling of eastern with western astrology. Every chart I look at is perceived through western teachings, so whenever I read of something totally different, any knowledge I possess is in need of a tune up! It is NOT criticism, believe me, but a seeking of answers.

Hi, Frisiangal!

I perfectly understand what you say. I like to compare and blend things I learn if I think it could be useful to my purposes to help people around me. And looking for answers is always valid and desirable.
I am convinced that negative emotions find their way out manifesting themselves through illnesses. I see this every day in my work. People come here all stressed and guess what part of her bodies reflects all that stress? The spine and the sciatic nerve. I help these people to rid of the stress and...Presto! The pain is gone. After all, we are just energy surrounded by more energy and whenever a clash or conflict of energies is produced, there comes the dis-ease.

Was this correlation from the vedic perspective?

Well, I am not able to say with absolutely certainty if this correlation is from the vedic perspective since I don’t remember if the site where I read it was one of vedic astrology, to be honest, but it sounds somewhat eastern to me.

From a tropical astrology viewpoint, may I also ask if the heart and back (Leo and Aquarius related) and joints (Gemini) ailments arose from a difficulty within the person to express their individuality in everyday life in the manner they desired? As if no one was interested in or wanted to hear (Gemini) their side of things? They didn't 'join in', had difficulty coping with a(ny) change of ideas, kept themselves apart? Difficulties or concern for the father.

My daughter (24) is a very assertive young woman who has always had the freedom to express her opinions (if she hadn’t had it, she would have just arrogated it at the first opportunity). The relationship between her and her father has been always loving and caring. The only thing I can think of that might have given her reasons for an emotional shake up was to feel forced to abandon her classic ballet career. She was incredibly passionate about her art but things changed a lot from one day to another and she was confronted with the need of bringing her ballerina era to a close. Yes, that affected her a lot.

My now 31 yr. old son-in-law is a dear. At 21, he had to be treated for a back hernia. I asked his mum for his birth data. A Libra Sun opp. Chiron, with Moon in Taurus T-square Saturn in Leo-Uranus in Scorpio. I thought it very coincidental that it followed a time when his father's health was deteriorating (Parkinson's) and their farm had to be sold because the eldest son didn't want to take it over. My s-i-l, a farmer in heart and soul, would have dearly loved to have taken it over but didn't have the funds to do so. Its sale and concern for his dad not only broke his heart but broke his spirit for a while as well.
My youngest daughter was physically abused as a teenager. She can't let it go. It's become her 'private demon'. She has Mars-conjunct Uranus in Scorpio opposing 8th house MEAN Black Moon Lilith, and suffers regularly from acute ( Uranus) bladder (traditionally Scorpio ruled) infections (Mars)....the most recent exactly coinciding with Mars's return. She also has Moon in Virgo and suffers from pollen and pine tree allergy. I've wondered if the latter is associated with the place the abuse took place that has become impregnated upon her mind.

I think you are correct in your appreciations about the case of your son in law. It seems typical and your daughter’s recurrent problem as well. I think that it may well be linked with the traumatic events you mentioned. I have seen girls develop a bad rash when they get stressed. My eldest daughter used to get very high fever the night before her birthday party, without any other symptom so, that let me know she was perfectly and that the fever was triggered by her excitement. Once one knows how the mind and emotions affect our health, this field becomes extensive offering a wide scope of possibilities and lots and lots to learn.
What do you think about some types of cancer being related to repressed feelings of ire?

Carole

Frisiangal
11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
just want to say that as a medical doctor and rather accomplished astrologer Dr. Millard is now in heaven. i find the words really harshing to ears and lack of respect.

Lack of respect on my part has nothing to do with it, Jag, for when it is written in said book, page 19, quote: 'This scheme is sketchy and incomplete, for there is yet a great deal to be discovered........however, it is a starting place",... followed by..... 'I must emphasise that nothing must be taken from the old sources ,( my stress on words, F.) but each case must be studied to see if the principles I have set forward are correct, and if exceptions are found, new hypotheses must be formulated to account for them' does, itself, seem to show lack of respect for ancient teachings.

f I may give 2 examples taken at random from the book.

Haemophilia is a blood disorder from birth. Ancient teachings and every med. book I have consulted places the life's blood under rulership of Mars. One would also think that ailments from birth might be shown through a 1st house planet? Dr. Millard saw this differently and presented a chart, stressing the emphasis of the 2nd-8th house axis in which Venus, ruler 6th house, was in 2nd house in Capricorn. She continues to give 5 further aspects to explain the disorder, plus the nodal axis = 6 in total. Mars did not enter into them.
In her book, she states that the 135 degree aspect is the most important following the yod figure. I think you will also agree that the 45 degr. multiples
are health significators.
Using 'old sources', I looked to see where Mars was. It was in the 5th house in its own sign. The 5th house has nothing to do with health aspects, except that Mars was inconjunct the Scorpio Ascendant and exact degree(within 15 mins. of a degree) sesquiquadrate (135 deg.) to Saturn in the Ascendant in Sagittarius( profuse exaggeration not easily stopped?).

On page 3, Dr. Millard states that ' the diseases which the planets are said to signify should be questioned' . Her daughter was unfortunately born with what she describes as ' multiple heart defects.' She gives no description of the chart, yet there is a Sun-Jupiter conjunction in the Ascendant, whilst Leo is on the 6th house cusp. These are surely classical and reliable correlations?

No offence was meant in my previous post.

F.

jagetoile
11-08-2006, 08:14 PM
deleted post.

jagetoile
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
deleted post.

Frisiangal
11-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Frisiangal, you might need to look into the the chart of Dr. Millard. I think her sun conjoncts your Chiron/BML. Jag:rolleyes:

Her birthdate was 6th September. A number of other conjunctions, and her Natal Virgo Sun exactly trines my Capricorn Moon in the grand trine between BML-Chiron-ASC. to Moon to Mercury-Venus. There is one person born on that date who did have the greatest effect on me. We were working colleagues (Mercury rules M.C.) and greatly 'attracted' to each other. Such temptation but I was married, he was 15 years younger. It never developed into anything (BML), LOL. When he did marry, his wife had the same name as mine, to which a colleague remarked 'en public', "He couldn't have the one, so married the other!"....and me all the while thinking it was never noticeable:rolleyes: .

Claire19
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I agree that Neptune rules the immune system and thereby be connected to allergies. Also fluids such as mucous would come under that. However Mercury I believe has to be involved, the 6th house and the 1st to an extent for allergies. There are many allergies also, food, pollens in the air, chemicals, drugs, house dust etc..........

My sister who is a double Gemini with Virgo Rising and Neptune in the 1st suffers very badly and cant be near dog hairs for instance. She is very much influenced by Mercury and Neptune. I have Mercury in the 6th house and have allergies as well but only certain times of the year. It is sextile Neptune so this may alleviate it somewhat. I think also Mars can be involved in allergies as it rules the ears and nose.

I agree that perhaps asthma in children can be a result of suppression but they need strong Mercury for that all the same and perhaps challenging aspects to the moon, 6th house and 1st house.. My two nephews have Gemini rising and suffered in childhood from that but overcame it as they grew.

I am very interested in medical astrology but am careful about giving advice and in diagnosing use astrology in conjunction with my natural therapies practice where I am qualified.

Claire19
11-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi Starlink

WIth mental problems we need mercury and uranus and often the air signs such as Gemini and Aquarius suffer from those. Gemini in particular with schizophrenia. The third house is the thinking process and if badly aspected especially to the sixth can cause problems along with the 12th house. It is a complex subject and everyone is different. Often these sufferers are highly intelligent. I can discern from the natal chart who is likely to suffer from Alzheimers and Dementia in old age but the medical profession takes no note of astrology which is a great pity as they went hand in hand in the past and no doctor worth his salt would diagnose without a chart in some cultures.

Claire

Frisiangal
11-09-2006, 08:35 AM
I can discern from the natal chart who is likely to suffer from Alzheimers and Dementia in old age
Claire

Hi Claire,
Would this correlate to a link between Moon, Mercury and Neptune, with possible Saturn overtones, as is so clearly shown in the chart of Dr. Millard? Birth data (and Alzheimer patient) through internet: 6 Sept. 1916, Kingstown, St. Vincent, 16.35.

Maybe any discussion of this disease could be referred to a new link ?

F.

Frisiangal
11-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Frisiangal, you know i am a Leo moon, when i felt it harshing to my ears, i expressed it, that's all. if anybody says the same thing concerning you, i will probably say the same knowing that you are very modest. in addition, i feel surprised to read so strong comments from you, . Jag:rolleyes:

Hi again Jag,
Didn't I read somewhere that you also have a strong Neptune/Pisces element(Ascendant ?) in your chart? That would oppose my Virgo Ascendant and I also have Mercury in Earth. Your Leo Moon...the protective lioness? Makes you far more compassionate than I, able to 'feel' for, in, and with others. With my so very strong 'these are the proven facts' side, Saturn square Neptune, and only Mars in a water sign, compassion is my greatest failing because there's always this 'faults lie within one's self' that regularly rears its ugly head. But I never mean to harm if my words hit..or miss...the nails on their heads. :)

F.

jagetoile
11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
deleted post.

freedomlover
04-20-2009, 01:32 AM
I thought I would give some details regarding an old friend of mine. He has had terrible, terrible food allergies, requiring hospitalization, and eventually a complete overhaul of his life.

He has Sun,Venus(r),Mercury and Neptune all conjunct in Scorpio. The Venus/Mercury part of the stellium is 1*orb. This trines his Moon in Cancer ( houses unknown).

He also has Ceres tightly conjunct ( 1*orb) Uranus in Virgo and exactly opposing Chiron in Pisces. Depending on his birth time, but more than likely, this Ceres/Uranus conjunction in Virgo sextiles his Moon in Cancer, with Chiron trining his Moon. The Ceres/Uranus conjunction also exactly inconjuncts his Saturn in Aquarius. Somehow I see this inconjunct as showing his body's problem in assimilating and distributing the nutrients out of the food ( Chiron opposition in Pisces, as well.)

In addition to all of that, he also has Pluto tightly conjunct Vesta in Virgo. I think Vesta has something to do with purity of things. He has to keep his living area completely free of allergens, as he has environmental allergies, as well. He also has to be a stickler for making sure the fresh fruit and vegetables he eats are pesticide free.

When I saw his chart, I just went "Wow!" Astrologically speaking, these indicators explain what has happened to his health perfectly.

Actually, we ALL should learn to attend to the level of purity in food and environment and attention to our bodies as he has. I guess this was one of his major lessons he came to learn this time around. "Be healthy and pure - or die."

On a brighter note, he went from being told he would die a slow death in a wheelchair to being healthy enough to rock climb and mountain bike.:)

Any comments?

FLOWER
05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
my winstar program puts your moon in the eleventh house. blackpool is 53N50 not 45. or give place of birth more exact.

FLOWER
05-04-2009, 04:36 PM
coma is associated with pluto not neptune.

FLOWER
05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
hi, moon square mars cojunction uranus... observe the moon on days when your allergies appear. the transits between these three could possible be the problem. MOON, emosions in the third decan of LEO which belongs to ARIES. MARS in the third decan of SCORPIO which belongs to cancer. do you see the conection here, MARS a violet energy in conjunction with URANUS a chaotic energy is a strong conjunction. observe mars in transit to uranus also.
flower.. not been in for a while. hello to everyone

FLOWER
05-05-2009, 08:30 AM
hi, i forgot to mention that URANUS is in pisces in the DECAN which belongs to CANCER therefore both mars and uranus will be effecting your MOON.
flower

pudinnpop
05-19-2009, 02:42 AM
I too can relate to the allergiy thing as in my chart its quite eveident with my mars tsqaure with pluto and moon invoved..Moon being in gemmy 12th house and mars being in 6th house and pluto in 3rd(which has always made me think about health.Interestingly enought,i was told that having sagg in the 6th house tends to make on a hypochrindraic ,which i suffer from,especially when theres truth behind what im afraid of(which is antibitics and allergic reactions)My moon and mars is in between 6th ands 12 houses and that can make me more prone to fears ,anxieties and hypochindrias!!I have exzema, badly..its called nummular...broke out with that 4 years ago....My allergies ahve developed more in my 30,s..Now i have allergies all year round,with stuufy sinuses ad ear pain as of the last year!! I do have some heavy stuff goin on transit wise,with pluto transiting my 6th house hitting that natal mars there..Just got thro my pluto square pluto...

Out of all the things i found intresting,which i was told during a convo was the sagg in 6th house thing making one hypochondrial...Whats ur thoughts on this one configuration...

Awesome topic indeed...From reading the posts i see i have ALOT of the "allergy triggers"

siamese_dream
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I have suffered from allergies for my whole life..shows no signs of stopping. I have environmental allergies year-round, but I am also allergic to a variety of things, including wool, different types of nuts, dogs, cats (sort of), and of course the typical mold, dust, etc. I am also extremely sensitive to make-up and other skin/hair products, and certain foods (mainly heavy carbs) and medications.

As for 6th/12th house connections...Neptune in Capricorn resides in my 6th house (conjunct Ceres). It's opposite my 12th house Mars in Cancer. Also - Aries moon lies in the 10th house, and has all positive aspects.

shaman22
04-20-2017, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone. New to the forum.

I've just searched for some astrological explanation for my allergies and skin problems, and voila, here we are.

So, I've got major chronic sinus and airborne allergic problems, whether pollen, dust, dander, fragrances, etc. In addition to this, I also have skin issues. I get poison plant reactions (oak, etc) so bad I have to go to the ER, and I also have scalp issues that are similar to what I've read about psoriasis. Lastly, I'm also very nervy, and extremely sensitive to energies and intoxicants and stimulants. Most adaptogenic herbs I try to take to regulate my adrenal system usually just end up overstimulating me.

So, based upon the discussion in this thread, here's my aspects that seem to be pertinent. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Glad to have found you all.
Cheers

-8th House Gemini Sun, Libra Asc.
-Scorpio Moon 1st House conj Uranus; both are trine Mercury in Gemini 9th
-Mars and Jupiter in Aries 6th House, of which Mars is trine 2nd House Neptune in Sag.
-Saturn/Venus conj in Cancer in 9th House square 6th House Jupiter Aries
-Mercury 9th House Gemini square Mars 6th House Aries
-12th House Pluto opposite Mars 6th house Aries