Timing in houses

hermetic

If a question is time-related, and we have an aspect happening, say applying square in angular houses, by 2 degrees? Would this mean 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months?
I think it is days for angular, weeks for succedent and months for cadent houses, but not really sure. :confused:

Also, if it is a square it would have to be backed up by other aspects for things to happen, or the outcome isn't likely at all?

I am sorry if my question is pretty basic:eek:

starlink

Dont worry about a "pretty basic" question Hermetic.

The timing depends indeed on the sign and the house that planet is in, but a bit of common sense is also requested at times. If you are really in need of a very quick solution on something, like days or weeks, than of course, even though the placements suggest a year, you dont conclude years, but rather weeks or days.
These are the rules given by Derek Appleby for Moon, Venus and Mercury:

Rules generally are, especially for the Moon who is used as a timing device:

Moon in a cardinal sign: and angular house = days
and succedent house = weeks
and cadent house = month

Moon in a Mutable sign: and angular house = Weeks
and succedent h. = month
and cadent house = years

Moon in a Fixed sign : and angular house = Month
and succed. house = Years
and cadent house = indeterminable period.

These rules also apply to Mercury and Venus.

The rest of the planets, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn I more or less use the same way, only I also look in the ephemeries and try to find the exact day the two planets will conjunct. So you get an ephemeries time and a time made up according to planet placement and house. Lets say one says 5 °, and the Ephemeries say 9 degrees, then you can quietly say that the event could take place between 5 or nine days.
Ephemeries time does become relevant when your question is on general indications over long periods of time.

Sometimes you get 12° with the Moon and 3° with the querents planet, both applying to the quisited.You can then conclude that we are seeing here 12 weeks = 3 month, or 12 month and 1 degree(= year) in another case.

Now John Frawley sees things a bit different and finds cadent houses to be fast (because they are falling) but when the planet therein is weak, it will not "fall " fast and will be slow.
An Angular house is according to him slow but can act fast when the planet therein is able to act for the same reasons.

If you want to know what he writes about time measurement than go to Skycript, horary and find the article "How to beat time" by John Frawley.
because there is a lot more than what I describe here and too much to copy.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers, Starlink