Would anyone like to take a stab at this (synastry)?

frokenvin

What I'm hoping for is an analysis of the potential here (spiritual/emotional development aside). We're in a bizarre situation -- definatly feels fated -- the inital attraction was dropped like a bomb. However, we've had to keep the situation under control and we haven't met to spend a significant amount of time together.

Ideas gathered from the chart may be highly colored by my wishes. 8) I would appreciate some practical insight! My concern is the lack of planetary contacts to my Saturn... Mercury... & whatever else I may not be seeing.

Any thoughts??

wilsontc

Staff member
Taking a stab

frokenvin,

In doing relationship comparisons, the first step is to understand how each person approaches relationships. This can be seen by looking for Libra, Venus, and the 7th house (all are about relationships) in each chart. In your chart, you have no planets in Libra. Venus is sextile (energy goes easily with) Pluto (transformation, also control), indicating you can receive power from relationships...or give away power in relationships. Venus is also conjunct Neptune (spirituality, also idealization), indicating you may tend to look for the "ideal relationship"...only to be disappointed by the reality of relationships. And Venus is conjunct (energy is combined with) Jupiter (expansion), indicating you may tend to OVERrelate in some way. And Venus is focused in the 6th house (Venus is in fall in 6th house - very challenging energy), indicating relationships could be very challenging for you in some way. Mercury (thinking/daily work) is focused in your 7th house, indicating you may tend to think about relationships a lot.

Your friend also has no Libra energy. Their Venus is opposite (energy is over-excited) by Pluto, indicating a "control or be controlled" energy in relationships. This person has Venus trine (energy goes very easily with) Neptune, indicating she also may idealize relationships. And Venus sextile Mars (being, also action), indicating she actively pursues her relationships in some way. Aries (being, also action) modifies Venus, (Venus in the sign of its detriment - challenging energy), indicating this person may tend to "conquer" in relationships: after this person gets the relationship they may want to move onto the next relationship "challenge". This person has Jupiter focused in the 7th house, indicating they also might OVERrelate in some way. However, Aquarius (friends) modifies Jupiter, indicating they might want to have "space" in any relationship they get into: "close but not TOO close."

The next thing to look at is the relationship chart (your chart is in the middle and the others on the outside). The first thing to look for in relationship charts is any connections between the Sun and Moon by themselves. There is a connection between the Sun and Moon (by quincunx), so there is some kind of "connection" between you. The next thing to look for are the aspects made between Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars (also called "personal" planets). There are more stressed energies than easy energies between the personal planets - in the short term these stresses can be exciting (particularly Mars opposite Venus), but in the longer term they can become stressful on the relationship if they are not "worked out" between the people in the relationship. The easiest personal connection between you is Venus trine Venus, indicating an easy flow of relationship energy between you.

Since you are fairly close to each other in age, the planets beyond Jupiter will tend to be close to their birth position, so I will ignore those. Most interesting is Jupiter trine Venus, indicating some type of easy "relationship expansion" between you. As mentioned previously, the challenge of Jupiter is to not OVERexpand, in terms of expectations, needs, compulsions, etc.

You may have challenges in relationships, perhaps tending to idealize or overexpand your expectations in relationships. However, relationships can be a source of power for you. Your friend may feel "controlled" in relationships or want to be in control, they may idealize and be expansive in relationships, similar to you, but they are active in their relationships pursuits. They also may tend to want to conquer in relationships.

There are challenges to be worked out between you, but a helpful relationship connection that may make you WANT to work things out. The challenge is not to overexpand your expectations.

Relationships don't work by themselves, they take BOTH people working together to make them work. If both you and your friend want to work things out in a realistic way, understanding that relationships take a LOT of time to work out and that they are NEVER perfect, you could get along together.

Stabbing gently,

Tim

frokenvin

Why thank you, dear Tim! Most likely I've been over-analysing the chart.

I can resonate with this - esp. the idealism and control subjects.

The individual interpretations are spot-on, yet I cannot confirm inter-aspects at this time... I'm sure it would turn out to be something like you've suggested. I appreciate the foresight as well :D