squares

barbh

Account Closed
Do significators applying by square with no reception mean the answer is usually a no? Especially now, with Jup in Cap in fall, and merc in libra peregrine....?

barbh

starlink

Hi Barbh, I would say yes. When you get a square and there IS reception, OK, then you could still vote for a yes, but a difficult one to obtain, but when the significators are also weak, I would give up on them!

At times when planets are in weak positions, you do get these negative answers more often than not. The other day I read somewhere that someone really got mad because practically all horary questions gave a NO. Tja, what can you do? Horary still seems to be right all the time, so I guess it is just the right question at the wrong time maybe?

Cheers, Starlink

BobZemco

starlink said:
Hi Barbh, I would say yes. When you get a square and there IS reception, OK, then you could still vote for a yes, but a difficult one to obtain, but when the significators are also weak, I would give up on them!

How far down does that go? Are we only talking two planets occupying each other's dignities, or can we look at two planets in the same term or same face?

tikana

Hi all

Square also means conflict strain. It depends on the question.

if you are asking about a relationship ... square could be saying there is a conflict ... will it lead to separation? that is something else. I dont know.

Jupiter is weak
Merc is weak as well
my answer would be a NO

Cheers
T

starlink

Bob, what I mean is that if there is a square between the two planets, you then should look how these planets by themselves are mutually receiving one another. This can be via a strong MR (triplicity, exaltation and rulership) or a weaker one (term and face of which face is the weakest of the two) and really bad ones like detriment and fall.

Personally I would only take the very strong ones in order to overcome the struggle of the square, because that shows that the participants have the guts or the strength to overcome the obstacles shown by the square. With term, face and the rest of them, they probably will not manage or give up.

Hope this explains!
Starlink

fensi88

Suare aspect means "yes" but with some effort involved, delays, obstacles, and struggles. Only lack of aspect means definite "no".

Erickaf

I once asked a question and the applying aspect was a square, Mercury to Jupiter. The astrologer said probably no to the question because both planets were weak and in bad houses. She was right the outcome was indeed a no. So I think its can be a no or a yes in my experience!