Missing Cat

Kite

Was my cat killed today by a coyote?

Asked at 8:15pm CST.

OUr neighborhood bullitin board reported they saw a coyote this morning with a dead orange and white cat..I'm missing mine.

Kite

EvilPixyScorp

Okay..Well I'm not an expert, Radu would be better at answering this.
I see first off, that Venus(You), and Jupiter(Kitty) are mutually applying..This is a positive indicator of being brought back together.
The Kitty is also in your 1st house, retrograde...He's applying back to you.

However, if we use Modern Rulership as well...The Kitty is Neptune,
and Venus is about 3 degrees from him.
Traditional rulership is Jupiter for him....To help me figure out timing, can you tell me how long ago he went missing? Because Jupiter started moving back to you about 3.20 degrees ago...3 days?
Moon (events) is sep. from the Sun(in the 6th house of pets) about 3 degrees ago too.

Tell me this & I will see if I can get a handle on it best I can...

Kite

Thanks EvilPixyScorp - he went missing yesterday morning about 6:00 am. The Coyote was spotted with the cat that resembled him at 7:00 am. He's still missing so we're not very hopeful at this point.

Empath

Kite, I don't have any astrological input, just empathy. If your kitty does not come home to you, just know that he's graduated to his next life.
I really feel for you -- the not knowing is the worst part.

All the best,
E

Arian Maverick

Kite, I don't have any astrological input, just empathy.

Same with me...like Empath stated, I can't imagine how difficult it must be not to know the fate of your cat. I hope you may find comfort in fond memories and in the support of this community. Please update us when you can!

Arian Maverick

Summery Joy

Kite,

I'm so sorry about you cat. I have a puppy and I know what it feels like to lose a pet.

I wish I could deliver good news, but this chart doesn'ty look good.

I chose the 6th house to represent your cat and the 12th to represent the coyote, making the former Jupiter Rx and the latter Mercury Rx.

Mercury Rx is applying to Jupiter to Jupiter Rx. This should give a sad yes answer to your question. Although there is frustration but the Moon, the 10th house ruler, I'm still inclined to think that your cat had to face the coyote. Venus, your significator, does apply to Jupiter. But Venus is also the ruler of the turned 8th from the 6th your cat's death.

Here's what confuses me. The last aspect the Moon makes with a traditional planet before leaving its sign is a sexitile with Jupiter, your cat. This should be good. But the last aspect the Moon makes with *any* planet is a conjunction with Pluto, death.

Although there is no firm clue in this chart that shows that your cat was killed by the coyote, the chart remains to look alarming. I'm guessing that he wasn't *killed by the coyote*, but maybe the coyote found him dead already?

Do you have an event chart for the last time anyone has seen your cat or when you first discovered he was lost?

Kite

Sorehearted - thanks. He was last seen at 4:00am yesterday by my wife. He was seen in the coyote's mouth at 7:00 am. We discovered him missing around 6:30 pm last night and received the e-mail about the coyote at 6:55pm.

Summery Joy

Checked out the charts, Kite. I'm sorry, but my interpretation doesn't change. I see nothing in the charts that proves that the coyote actually killed your cat, but everything else shows the chat already dead or facing death.

I'm sorry. I really hope I'm wrong.

Kite

Thank you very much Sorehearted. In a way I'm glad we got the note about the coyote and your reading so maybe we get some closure. We would be going crazy if he was just missing and we had no clue what happened.

Draco

Hi Kite,

Here is the chart:

The first thing that interested me about this is that Jupiter retrograde, the cat's significator, is in the 1st house, which represents you. At the beginning of Frawley's book, 'The Horary Textbook', he gives an example of a horary he cast to inquire as to where his missing cat was. The cat was shown by Jupiter retrograde, and simply by the fact that the cat was shown by a retrograde planet, was sufficient indication to Frawley that this meant that the cat would return, and so it did. I am especially intrigued that the retrograde planet is in the 1st house, showing that the cat will return to you.

I decided to get my nose in Frawleys book to see how he would go about trying to identify the whereabouts of things which have gone missing and whether they will be returned.

Frawley says that 'the strongest testimony of recovery is an applying aspect between the object and the querent'. In this case, Venus (you) applies an aspect to Jupiter retrograde (the cat), which, coupled with the fact that the cat's significator is retrograde in the 1st house, showing the cat returning to you, may be another testimony that you may in fact be reunited with your cat.

According to these indications, I wouldn't worry too much about the cat. It will probably come back home.

Cats are very independant and not the most faithful of creatures. It might be getting food and a bowl of milk somewhere else by someone who may have presumed it was a stray.

I think, only according to the chart, that it will come back. Don't worry too much about it. If the cat had been killed by a coyote then I don't thing that the chart would have the cat's significator retrograde in the 1st house, telling us that it is to return to you, nor have your significator applying an aspect with the cat's, showing the actual opportunity for you to be reunited. The aspect is a square, and so difficult, so perhaps there will somehow be difficult circumstances arising in getting back the cat in some way, but I think that it will come back, according to the chart.

Hopefully it will. :wink:

Keep us informed as to happens.

Draco :wink:

Summery Joy

Draco said:
Frawley says that 'the strongest testimony of recovery is an applying aspect between the object and the querent'. In this case, Venus (you) applies an aspect to Jupiter retrograde (the cat), which, coupled with the fact that the cat's significator is retrograde in the 1st house, showing the cat returning to you, may be another testimony that you may in fact be reunited with your cat.

God I hope you're right. When my puppy gets sick I cannot sleep or eat. I cannot imagine going through something like this. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Draco

Hi Nora,

I've just read your interpretation and I too also thought that the ruler of the cat's turned 8th was Jupiter, the same significator as the cat's, which made me feel initially that the cat would be returned but would be returned dead.

However, when I looked at the chart again, I saw that the turned 8th from the 6th brings us to the Ascendant, so this would be Venus. Considering Venus' applying aspect to the cat, then this may show death coming to it, but I'm not sure, as Jupiter retrograde in Kite's house would suggest return, as well as the applying aspect between Kite's significator and the cat's, another hopeful indication.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I do hope that the cat is okay and comes home soon Kite. :)

Kite

Thanks Draco. I won't get my hopes up too high but will keep a window of hope open. IF not perhaps I will be reunited via reincarnation. It would be just like him to show off that way.

Kite

Draco

Lol,

We must have sent our messages at exactly the same time, :D

Hopefully the cat will not be dead when it returns, but I actually do feel hopeful with this chart.

Then again, having said that, Mercury in his terrible state is transitting my 1st house at the moment and conjunct my ascendant, so everything I say should be taken with a pinch of salt at the moment. :? I don't think blighted Mercury in my 1st is doing my interpretative skills any favours. My interpretation of Goca's Real VS Arsenal chart was a real stinker, despite the indications having been so seemingly clear. Oh well, it's all good for practice.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I'm optimistic.

Kite

Well I have bad news. It turns out my next door neighbor has a video camera set-up to watch his car in his driveway. At 5:21am you could see a coyote cross my yard into his driveway with my cat in his mouth.

Sad :cry: