Venus and Music

Night Sky

Since Venus is still currently transiting her Natural Rulership Libra...

Venus in Libra and musical talent.

I was wondering if this would be a good placement for say musical ability. Harmony... Melody.... love songs....

aquarius7000

Actually yes, as Venus is in Dignity in both Taurus and Libra, and both signs have a love for the arts, and beauty in general. Where Libra is associated more with harmony, beauty (of the mind -air sign), as well as romance & partnerships; Taurus is associated with (as earth sign- physical) sensuality, earthy pleasures & comforts in general, and more with music (Taurus rules the throat/neck/vocal chords).

:)aquarius7000

Hmm people with Venus in Libra have high "ideals" on love. Romantic love etc. And all the candles and wine.

romantic-dinner.jpg

I think I am longing some more romance in my life :D.

Well lets look at the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

We have Richard Gere who has played romantic characters like climbing up a prostitutes window with a red rose in his mouth, in pretty woman. To other (romantic roles) in movies I can't remember. For some reason I have never found him an exciting actor just too "overly charming". Richard Gere comes across like a gentleman, but not my taste really. Not that I'm his taste either :38: .

But since we are talking music and not romance (I march to my own drummer at times) it may be prominant in musicians. I find Taurus seems to bring the best singers to the world. In the arty world there is Picasso who has Venus in Libra. Elvis Costello has Venus in Libra:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XFZx-lsbxqI

It can vary I like the romantic side of Venus in Libra, very charming. And with romance comes music. Although I don't have a "special song" with my partner, I will have to find one :). My Parents have that song "Nothings Gonna stop us" now by Starship:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5PP1HEFlkdY

Aww I need a song, everyone else has one.

Last edited:

Night Sky

To be honest I think Venus in Libra is lazy. Picasso only invented cubism because it was a lot easier and quicker to do, and he could spend the rest of the day laying about in Southern France.

I don't know of anyone with venus in Libra who has any talent whatsoever. Eric Clapton has Venus in Taurus.

Venus in Libra then... Any singers, musicians, artists, film makers, film, actors, actresses... anyone at all of any talent, whether lazy or **** hard working.

Night Sky

Hey I have right to pick on Venus in Libra, I have that combination in my natal chart and I write music and it's all ****.

(but thanks for answering my thread.):D

Night Sky

But I wasn't really picking on Venus in Libra. I was just making a ribbish joke about Picasso.

I will look for some examples of people with venus in Libra now. Good ones.

Night Sky

Sean Connery (Original Bond)

Audrey Tautu -Amelie (quite hot in a sweet kind of way)

Richard Gere (said)

Fredd Mercury (said)

Bill Clinton (what can be said?)

Grace Kelly (supposedly hot in the 1950's? don't know wasn't around)

Hugh Grant (In so many **** films)

Stephen King (Really??? Not exactly the Romantic type, or is he?)

Woody Allen (Don't know)

Michael Douglas (been in some films... can't remember which ones)

Louis 16th (King of France, and his wife Marrie Antoinette... that's kind of romantic... dying together on the guillotine.)

Shanaia Twain (Quite hot)

Calista Flockhart (I think that woman is sexy even though she is a human stick insect.)

Right that is the list for now. I wouldn't really know much about these people, so if there is something that does run parallel in each one, however superficial, please feel free to interpret.

Ha ha funny reply :D . O.k your allowed to pick on Venus in Libra since you have that placement. What house does your lady Venus live in. Depends on what is apsecting Venus in the chart, and also on the rest of the chart as a whole. Hugh Grant not my favourite actor either, whole prostitute theme. Which I am getting worried about Venus in Libra admittedly though Richard Gere's romance with a prostitute was just for the movies. And I won't dwell on the the attraction of Venus in Libra to prostitutes as my partner has this placement :p .

You have given lots of examples of Venus in Libra. Funnily enough all the celebrity men with Venus in Libra do not appeal to me at all. Yet I am in a permanent relationship with a Venus in Libra. Bill Clinton and his whole sex scandal puts me off, yet he also acts sickly sweet like butter wouldn't melt in my mouth type of persona. And Woody Allen, I can't stand his films. I really cannot take to his personality, and wasn't there abuse claims with him. Although Shania Twain is attractive, she seems hard to please;
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOh6mSEZss

Stephen King is creative: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hqp7A0B7abc

The movie IT creeps me out because clowns are generally scary looking.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZVq2Gm_Zjk

I will think more on what similarities these people have. Apart from some of the sex scandals.

Small Print: Venus in Libra does not mean that the individual will be either attracted to prostitutes or involved in sex scandals. This is just a fun look at Venus in Libra, and no statistical evidence or any concrete proof supports these claims. Venus in Libra is no more likely to be involved in sexual allegations than any other Venus sign. I can take back these claims at my discretion.

Last edited:

Night Sky

1st house, sextile Mercury-Uranus

semi-square Scorpio Sun.

9 degrees (conjunct) from Mars-Ascendant.

I don't have any sex scandals and don't see prostitutes. But there is still time.:D

Night Sky

charmvirgo said:
I think Venus in Taurus is more musical and with talent for singing. Playing a musical instrument is likely.

I have Venus in Libra and I have no musical talent whatsoever. I do love music but could not write any or have any ability with musical instruments, however much I really wish I could.
A square with Saturn from Capricorn is the only aspect to my Venus.

I really appreciate aesthetic beauty, harmony and balance. In fact I feel depressed if I am surrounded by ugliness, or if nobody bothers to make things nice.

I have a very strong artistic sense and ability. I can draw/paint very well.
(My Mercury - ruling Gemini = arms/hands - is also in Libra and Mars in Gemini makes confident hands good at fine craftsmanship.)

Have you got any of it online? Can i see?:)

Night Sky

CHARMVIRGO!

That just proves that Venus in Libra has talent.

You pictures are amazing. thank you for sharing. The hand and the half a woman indian stature are so finely detailed.

They are really really good. :)

Awakened_Pisces

That was so artistic and so true to Libra's form. So amazingly beautiful that it should infact not be deleted as it pertain's to Venus and Libra's beauty.

Claire19

Night Sky said:
Since Venus is still currently transiting her Natural Rulership Libra...

Venus in Libra and musical talent.

I was wondering if this would be a good placement for say musical ability. Harmony... Melody.... love songs....

It would in general as Venus and Libra are into rhythm, harmony and beauty.
Love songs definitely. Poetry. Pleasantness, refinement and manners. Diplomacy and peace.

Claire19

Night Sky said:
To be honest I think Venus in Libra is lazy. Picasso only invented cubism because it was a lot easier and quicker to do, and he could spend the rest of the day laying about in Southern France.

I don't know of anyone with venus in Libra who has any talent whatsoever. Eric Clapton has Venus in Taurus.

Venus in Libra then... Any singers, musicians, artists, film makers, film, actors, actresses... anyone at all of any talent, whether lazy or **** hard working.

As a Venus in Libra person we have forgotten about the counselling side of things. Venus in Libra mediates, aims for peace and harmony and has to do with legalities and conciliation. Any kind of artistry can come under the combination, depending on what other aspects are made and where. It definitely leans to indulgence especially in sweet things and prone to indolence but in beautiful dress or surroundings.

Claire19

I have Venus transitting hitting my natal Venus in Libra and in the 8th. It brought on strong yearnings for romance and love and I actually met someone that I feel I can love or already do although we cant be together as he is committed elsewhere. A lot of deceit and secrecy (8th house) would be involved and I am not into that.

Claire19

aquarius7000 said:
Actually yes, as Venus is in Dignity in both Taurus and Libra, and both signs have a love for the arts, and beauty in general. Where Libra is associated more with harmony, beauty (of the mind -air sign), as well as romance & partnerships; Taurus is associated with (as earth sign- physical) sensuality, earthy pleasures & comforts in general, and more with music (Taurus rules the throat/neck/vocal chords).

:)aquarius7000

Right on. Taurus also deals with practical beauty i.e. pottery, ceramics, things of the earth, fruit, especially apples. OUr physical appetites.

Claire19

As Bill CLinton's astrological twin I have an understanding of him. He has Venus in Libra but we mustn't forget the conjunction of Mars and Neptune to Venus which gives a fuller picture as well as the sextile to Mercury and Pluto.
So deceit and lies goes along with it. He gets away with it all and has the Mars Neptine magnetism which is prominent in the first house. He is sexy, flirtacious and mannerly. He has an attraction to film stars, those who are artistic and adores music and no doubt some art. He plays the saxophone and likes to dress in silks and luxury fabrics, probably more so in private. Wont go there......

All this combined with his powerful position in the world is a heady mix to some women.