No planet on the 8th house!

DofS

So, I've been reading about the houses and what not. And the 8th house is susposely have to do with sex. Unfortunately for me, last time I looked at my chart. There is no planet on the 8th house!! But there's Gemini in 8th house though.

Help please?

DOB:
City: Montreal
Time: 2:00 AM Eastern
Date: January 14th 1992

Lets talk about sex baby :D , my partner has Gemini on 8th and he talks during sex (I may delete this later, way too much information :p lol) but you don't need planets to be in the 8th for sex, you have the ruler of 8th like you said, and planets like Venus which involves the sensual and romantic side of sex. And Mars for the passionate sex, and Pluto too (read Jeff Green's Pluto vol 2) I can't repeat the sexual stuff in there. And other planets can be involved. I think you bring all of you in bed not just the 8th house. I have no planets in the 8th and I have a sex life. :)

Hey Nightsky don't be starting the 5th/8th house sex debate, you know what trouble it causes on here :D . There is no point because the 8th house rules sex :p .

To be fair in Modern the 8th rules sex and if you study traditional the 5th house rules sex. Both have valid interpretations. :)

Night Sky

Shining Ray said:
Hey Nightsky don't be starting the 5th/8th house sex debate, you know what trouble it causes on here :D . There is no point because the 8th house rules sex :p .

To be fair in Modern the 8th rules sex and if you study traditional the 5th house rules sex. Both have valid interpretations. :)

Looks like i was looking for trouble doesn't it.

Traditional works with a different mindset anyway. They didn't have sex in the olden days, they had marriage. :38:

aquarius7000

I agree with Ray, there's more to sex than just the eight house.:D

With the fifth house being the house of pleasures, sex here would be seen mainly as an act of pleasure (of course, sex should bring pleasure, but you do know what I mean;)), whereas, the eight house being connected with partnerships, sex here holds the meaning of what it is really all about.

Oh and btw, I have Jupiter in the eight..

:)aquarius7000

With Jupiter in the 8th, you must have lots of sex! Only Joking :D . I should be more serious on sex threads. I agree the 8th house is the house of shared emotions connected with partnerships in a more intimate way than the 7th house of relationships, the 8th house represents the exposure of ourselves, this can mean being "naked" psychologically/emotionally. We show all our childhood baggage in this house.

aquarius7000

Nah, can't make any jokes, as I am in the same (watery) boat myself:p. Got Nep on the eight, too. Now, now, do I hear a chuckle there.

:Daquarius7000

Your just as confused about sex as me :D. What goes where again?? Nah just kidding. Deep down were really sensitive when it comes to sex, but isn't everybody. It's rarely an area you want to talk to people in depth about. No planets in the 8th can mean that it is not an area of focus, planets placed in other houses become more important in life. Unless of course other sexual aspects show some difficulty.

aquarius7000

Right, with Nep ruling the eight, you could say that compassion and passion combine (eight being the Sco house); the latter more so, if there is a direct influence of Mars/Pluto there. Having said this, Nep's influence on the eight could also mean that sex is used as a way to 'escape' the harsh realities for eg.

However, I'd just like to mention here (for astrology beginners) that the eight house is much more than just sex.

:)aquarius7000

Your right the 8th isn't all about sex. Neptune in the 8th can be interpreted as sex addiction as you said a way to avoid the harsh realities of life. Hilter had Neptune in the 8th, as well as Marquis de sade (if data is correct).

Last edited:

Ang

I have Mars and Venus conjunct in an Aries 8th house (and Jupiter in the 5th). Sex bomb!

...actually, no. While I am pretty "sexual", I could do without the actual physical sex part, thank you.

BobZemco

DofS said:
There is no planet on the 8th house!

The fact that a particular house has no planets means nothing.

Each house has a natal chart ruler plus 1 or 2 natural rulers.

In your case, you have Mercury ruling the 8th, plus Mars and Pluto. You want to find where they are in your natal chart and what aspects they make to other planets.

nejispirit

Ang said:
I have Mars and Venus conjunct in an Aries 8th house (and Jupiter in the 5th). Sex bomb!

...actually, no. While I am pretty "sexual", I could do without the actual physical sex part, thank you.

Heh, lucky for you- I have a Moon-Venus-Mercury Aries stellium in the 8th, as well as my Sun, Lilith, Eros, and many more asteroids; without sex, I feel rather incomplete.

siamese_dream

You should also take asteroids into consideration (as nejispirit mentioned Lilith and Eros). I have no planets in the 8th house either. I have the asteroids Lust and Juno conjunct in the 8th house, and, well yeah...

You should also check out what Mars is doing, as this represents physical energy (sexual energy included).

The 5th house was mentioned, but this too!!

I cannot look at your chart right now, as I need my beauty sleep! But perhaps tomorrow. :)

astro.teacher

Im suprised that the 7th House hasnt been mentioned with regards to sex, I mean it is the house of unions, the opposite sex, public enemies (which sometimes make good bedfellows), whores, chaste virgins, & etc. If that doesnt scream sex, then I dont know what does. I would defnately consider the 7th House with this regard. Furthermore I stand by my belief that sex is more defined by Venus than by any House. As for having no Planets in a house, that is no major issue since the Lord of the cusp of that House will define that House most more than a Planet being placed there.

nejispirit

astro.teacher said:
Im suprised that the 7th House hasnt been mentioned with regards to sex, I mean it is the house of unions, the opposite sex, public enemies (which sometimes make good bedfellows), whores, chaste virgins, & etc. If that doesnt scream sex, then I dont know what does. I would defnately consider the 7th House with this regard. Furthermore I stand by my belief that sex is more defined by Venus than by any House. As for having no Planets in a house, that is no major issue since the Lord of the cusp of that House will define that House most more than a Planet being placed there.
Sex doesn't necessarily mean that you have a "union" with someone- yes technically you are physically in a union with someone for a few seconds, a few minutes or perhaps longer- but after that, it doesn't mean that you are bound to that person in anyway; to me the 7th house is one of more serious "unions" or "partnerships", ie an important business partership or a long term marriage, not a quick/however long sexual "union" ;)

There is no one planet that is best coupled with sex as an act/concept, it all depends on what you view sex as- sure it can be associated with Venus for you, but what about those who do not equate love with sex and vice versa?