House governing elections?

OCAngel

Hello!

What house governs an election? I am involved in an election, desiring to win the top position of Chairperson; I calculated a chart based on "Win I win the position of Chair?", however, I am not sure what house concerns this matter. Would it be 10th house?

I have a primary competitor for this position and am not sure what signfiicator to use for that person, if any at all. I am using the significator for the first house as the one for me. Is this competitor then a 7th house person?

And what would I look for to determine the end of the matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

BobZemco

OCAngel said:
Hello!

What house governs an election? I am involved in an election, desiring to win the top position of Chairperson; I calculated a chart based on "Win I win the position of Chair?", however, I am not sure what house concerns this matter. Would it be 10th house?

I have a primary competitor for this position and am not sure what signfiicator to use for that person, if any at all. I am using the significator for the first house as the one for me. Is this competitor then a 7th house person?

And what would I look for to determine the end of the matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

11th House.

It's a house of groups/colleagues/peers (opposite the 5th), specifically professional groups and associations, but it would also include things like the PTA, a hobby club, band boosters, athletic boosters and other social/community/business organizations like Free Masosn, Kiwanis, Rotary Club etc.

I'm finding horary to be quite amazing, but you can also check your progressed/transits and look for aspects between you 1st/10th/11th House rulers, Sun or Chart Ruler, 10th/11th Rulers, a progressed planet that comes to the cusp of the 11th House and things like that.

Culpeper

Premium Member
As BobZemco wrote use the 11th house for the election. You are the first house and your opponent is the 7th house. Determine who has the best connection to the 11th to predict the winner. It may also be necessary to consider the 11th from the 7th.

I have used this method to predict the winner of government elections for many years. Then the question is how to determine the candidate who will have the first house. If I have reliable birth charts for both candidates, then I have sometimes used them to decide who should have the first or seventh. But often a good chart for one or the other is not available.

In that case I have used some form of divination. That is draw cards, throw dice, or flip a coin etc. to decide, but if you do this, read something on divination in general before you do.

BobZemco

Culpeper said:
It may also be necessary to consider the 11th from the 7th.

I didn't think about that, but yes, that would be the 5th House and give an indication of the opponent's strength.