Astrology and Feng Shui

Arian Maverick

Hello everyone! :D

I found this article today on Bella Online and just wanted to share.

Feng Shui Tips - Use Astrology

Some Feng Shui tips are easier to implement than others. Here's one that's free and easy, and can be used year round:

Many people use Feng Shui principles to get clutter out of their homes, their offices, and their lives. But, few people realize that astrology can make decluttering much easier.

If you're not familiar with astrology, or it seems like a lot of nonsense, think about the tides. Most smart sailors and sea captains have always used the tides--which are influenced by the moon--to make the best progress when leaving a port. Many farmers and gardeners use the cycles of the moon for the best results at harvest.

In Feng Shui, we can harness that same natural energy for our 'spring cleaning', no matter what time of year it is.

WAXING MOON V. WANING MOON

The time between the New Moon and the Full Moon is called the waxing moon. The moon appears to grow larger in the sky each night. This is a good time to make positive changes such as painting your home, or purchasing a new sofa.

The other two weeks of the month, between the Full Moon and the New Moon, are called the waning moon. These weeks provide the best energy for getting rid of things, whether you're decluttering, shedding pounds, or quitting a bad habit.

However, as many hospital emergency rooms can tell you, during the two or three days after the Full Moon, people can be a little off-balance. Wait a couple of days before weeding out your garage or 'junk room'. Otherwise, your housecleaning could become a manic binge rather than a sensible decluttering session. (Then again, if you need a ferocious start to tackle your clutter, it may be smart to begin the day after the Full Moon.)

MERCURY RETROGRADES CAN WORK FOR YOU, TOO

Here's an even better Feng Shui tip: The planet Mercury turns retrograde three times each year. This means that it goes backwards for a few weeks, and then resumes its forward path. And, it can be the best possible time to revisit past issues, including your clutter.

With this powerful Mercury energy, you can review items that you were saving, 'just in case' you could use them again. During Mercury retrogrades, you can toss out these things, or give them away with far less anxiety.

If you're familiar with astrology, you probably know that Mercury retrogrades are notorious for causing communications and travel problems. However, you may not realize that these retrogrades have gotten a 'bum rap' in general.

I like to think of Mercury retrogrades as 'second chance' weeks. And, during each one, we can get a second chance to have clutter-free homes. Items that were good enough to keep--but never seem to get used, despite our good intentions--get a second chance to be useful. Donate them to a thrift shop, or give them to friends who can benefit from them.

2006's BEST DECLUTTERING WEEKS

In 2006, Mercury turns retrograde between March 2nd and March 25th, between July 4th and July 29th, and again from October 28th to November 18th. These times are especially auspicious in 2006, because this year is an '8' numerologically. The number 8 is one of the luckiest numbers in Feng Shui, and everything that you do is likely to bring great results.

Any time during a Mercury retrograde can bring extra positive energy to your decluttering efforts. If you combine the weeks of the waning moon with a Mercury retrograde, you can supercharge your housecleaning, get past your worst clutter problems, and acquire great Feng Shui luck.

Content copyright © 2006 by Aisling DArt. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Aisling DArt. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Aisling DArt for details.

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. Hopefully, I'm not breaking their copyright law :|

Light

Arimav :wink:

I like to think of Mercury retrogrades as 'second chance' weeks. And, during each one, we can get a second chance to have clutter-free homes. Items that were good enough to keep--but never seem to get used, despite our good intentions--get a second chance to be useful. Donate them to a thrift shop, or give them to friends who can benefit from them.

With retro Merc going through my 4th house - this is just what I've been doing (without knowing why!). Or trying to :cry: The is just so much junk here - the more I get rid of the more appears. I'm drowning under a sea of junk. Aaarrgh. :lol:

Swimming

hel