End of the Matter?

ALST123

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what parts of the chart to look for to determine the "end of the matter"? I can't remember where I read it, but I think it's the last aspect the moon makes before it leaves the sign it's placed in. Is that right? Are there any other ways?

Thanks,
Ax.:confused:

Erickaf

Oh I thought it is what planet rules the fourth house and locate what house that planet is in?:confused: ...I tend never to look at the 'end of the matter' but I think its important!

cassanra

I too am confused by that. It shoudl be the fourth house from the matter asked about thus the fourth from the 7th in relationships would be the 10th. And that is about where I stop as it seems like I too get confused.

LionKing

The 4th house is the end of matter and things. I have heard this from more than one reference. One would be Anthony Louis's Horary Plain and Simple on page 143-144;

The fourth house
Father, home, earth, foundations, base of operation, lands,mining, agriculture, real estate, houses, tenements, inheritances, tillage of the earth, treasure lying hid in the ground, the end of sickness, the end of anything, the grave, towns and cities. ancient dwellings, gardens, fields, pastures, orchards, the quality of the grounds one buys, regarding something lost, stolen, "the place where it is laid."

I hope this was helpful. V/r LionKing :sunny:

cassanra

WEll since you know I have the book:) I will just have to go look that up:) For some reason I thought the end of the matter moves with the subject. It seemed to in the examples but maybe I just missed read it. Thanks Lion King

BobZemco

cassanra said:
For some reason I thought the end of the matter moves with the subject. It seemed to in the examples but maybe I just missed read it.
Some people are teaching that, but Lily says the End of the Matter is shown by the Lord of the 4th House, but he only applies it to legal action. He doesn't look at the 4th House or the 4th house from the matter in question for other matters.

Last edited:

AquariusT

I was taught byt Barbara Lopez that the 4th house is the beginning and end of the matter. The ruler of the 4th, and the house it is in, is how the situation will end up. hth

archergirl

For most horary questions you will not need to look to the 4th or any other house to find the end of the matter. The end of the matter will be shown in the relationship between the querent and whatever the quesited is: applying or separating, yes or no.

The 4th house is usually reserved for legal matters, where it represents the verdict. In relationship matters, you don't need to use it.

AG:)