PDA

View Full Version : August Solar Eclipse.

swiftmocha
08-14-2008, 01:31 AM
So I was doing some checking my natal chart with the 9 degree solar eclipse in leo... I know I know. A little late. But my Mars is at 8 degrees aries in the 10th house. My Uranus is at 8 degrees capricorn in the 6th house. And my true node is at 9 degrees Pisces in the 9th house.

Any idea what might be in store anyone? Nothing has happened yet, but I have heard eclipses can take some time to deliver...

A rough guess is that there will be work and travel in relation to my career?

cassanra
08-14-2008, 01:37 AM
From what I understand you look at the houses it is transiting through and planets it is within 2 to 3 degrees of conjunction or opposition. Some things I have read you can look at the planet it has most recently passed but I am not sure how far that goes. We have a lunar ecplipe in two days at 24 degrees of aquarious so look at that too.

LionKing
08-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Yea... Lunar right on my birthday. I hope it is a sign that there will be some great changes for me. Ha! Some say there will be. V/r LionKing

cassanra
08-14-2008, 04:28 AM
Happy birthday....

Frisiangal
08-14-2008, 09:19 AM
From what I understand there are a lot of ifs,buts and ands regarding the effect of eclipses.
To feel any direct effect, you have to be on the line of, and be able to view the 100% eclipse which this time could be seen from over the tip of Canada and across part of Russia and further diagonally 'below'. (Wikepedia provided a good visual if it's still available). If you're in 'the shadow' of it, whereby your view is less than 100% coverage, the effect will be in ratio to that percentage. If you don't see the eclipse at all from where you are, it will have no effect on the natal planets on the eclipse degree.

I was in U.K. at the time of the 1999 total solar eclipse there, about 90% coverage from where I was looking, that exactly conjoined my 12th house Jupiter that squares 9th house Sun. When I returned home 4days later, there was a letter and an article re: Lilith from a fellow astrologer in the U.K. waiting for me, which had the deepest effect on me and started me on my still-continuing long-term study of the Black Moon. At the time tr. Black Moon had just crossed my I.C. in Sagittarius and tr.Pluto opposed Uranus.
Coincidence?

The 1 August eclipse picked up on my 9th house Mercury-Venus square 11th house Pluto. It shouldn't work, yet I can see a direct correlation to events
that could be almost be termed verbal acts of terrorism towards me.....Either that or the long-term effects of tr. Neptune-NN-Chiron square Sun and opposite Jupiter together with tr. Pluto opp. Saturn square Neptune.
Or all 3?:eek:

Frisiangal

cassanra
08-14-2008, 11:16 AM
The August first eclipse hit my progressed sun, natal venus and mars....It was the day I found out I did not get a job I interviewed for the previous friday. I am not sure why, and I will explore it more in its connection to the planets, but it was a very emotional day for me. The sun is progressing my fifth house but rules my natl 6th. Venus rules my 7th and mars my first so not sure I see the connection to the job. I have not read anything about the distance from the ecplipse but that sort of makes sense however like you it did seem to have an effect. Coincedence? There will be a second contact to the same area in Jan 2009 so it will interesting to see what happens then. The lunar event at Aquarious at 24 degrees is close to natal Chiron at 27. We shall see:)