When will I overcome my stutter?

Govind

The exact question that I asked is "when will my stutter no longer by a problem for me?" as I believe that I will never entirely get rid of it but just reduce the severity of it and move forward with my life.

It is not a severe stutter and I have improved my self esteem and confidence the last year or so and I've definitely seen the results carry over to my speech. But there are still some speaking situations that really trouble me, and as I start applying for graduate jobs next year I'm really wondering if I would have overcome it by then, or at least learned to ignore it.

I have limited horary astrology knowledge and of the interpretions of horary charts that I have seen in the past, I have never seen any concerning 'speech' or 'stuttering'. Could someone please help me out with it? I'm just as interested in finding out how to interpret such a chart as I am interested in finidng the answer to my question.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.28039.8664.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.28039.8664.gif
    27 KB · Views: 37

archergirl

Hi Govind,

Curiously, you have posted a chart for the 10th of September, rather than the 12th of August (I assume it's now the 12th where you are, or close to it). For a horary chart, it needs to be the *exact* time you asked the question...clearly you can't ask a question whilst in the future!

Could you please correct the chart?

I think this will be a 1st/3rd house matter, so you'll have to look at what the significators of those houses are doing. We'll help you out...just get the right chart first!:D

Cheers,
AG:)

Govind

Yeah sorry i dont know what i was thinking

It was actually on the 10th of August.

Attachments

• ppppastro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.43618.15998.gif
    ppppastro_w2gw_01_govind_hp.43618.15998.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 35

archergirl

Hi Govind, Thanks for the correction.

Well, as you might guess, this will not be an easy thing. You are signified by Saturn, placed technically in the 8th house of anguish and fear; and so is Mars, the ruler of your 3rd house of communications; clearly this causes you a lot of anxiety, which no doubt makes it worse!

The Moon applies to square Saturn; first it squares Venus, which we can take as the 'final outcome' of this (4th house). Venus is in fall, another testimony that you shouldn't expect a miracle. Squares always represent challenges, but I'm sure you're already well-aware that there is no quick solution to this. The Moon is in the 10th house, indicating 'the public sphere', and no doubt it is this public speaking (and professional speaking, since the 10th rules things like jobs and professions) that makes you twitchy.

Mercury is the natural ruler of speech, and is just about to enter Virgo, where it is at home and in exaltation, so I would actually see this as continuing improvements.

As you mentioned in your first post, working on self-esteem is a major part of overcoming stuttering; this is even shown in the chart by the 2nd house (self-esteem) ruler Jupiter, being in fall and retrograde in Capricorn (meaning, "low self-esteem") in the 11th house (hopes), also ruled by Jupiter. So remaining optimistic and continuing to work on your self-esteem will be your best bet: Jupiter applies by trine to Saturn from Saturn's sign. This is actually the crux of the issue.

I'm sure you have tried all sorts of things, but one thing you can do is to 'script' your interviews; I have a slight stutter sometimes as well, especially when I'm wound up: I have Uranus square Mercury natally, so my brain works faster than my mouth. I also get very tangled up on the phone, (I HATE telephones), and have left some pretty hilarious messages on answering machines in my time, purely by accident. I also had a job once which entailed giving PowerPoint presentations to the public, which I hated at first, and then grew to really, really enjoy. I would prepare the presentations well beforehand, and then practice the presentation, out loud, as many times as it took for the information to 'stick'. When I knew what I had to say, I seldom stuttered.

You can do the same things with interviews, only the 'presentation' can be about your skills and qualities and why they should hire you for the job. Make it as outrageously bragging as you can. Make a list of EVERYTHING you are good at, whether it be repairing a puncture or digging a garden, anything you can think of, and make a presentation out of it (use cue-cards if you don't have PowerPoint). Try to anticipate what sorts of questions might be asked of you (they may be asked in several different ways), and think of as many good answers as you can for each question. Practice it standing up, in front of your family (if you can bear it), or simply alone in front of a mirror or with a good friend. Have a good friend grill you about your skills and abilities. Dress in a suit and tie, and practice, practice, practice. It may feel a bit silly to assert that you are an excellent cook and take great pride in slicing bread evenly (for example), and that's the whole point. You have to practice appreciating yourself, even for the smallest of your triumphs. This gets you more comfortable with your big triumphs. And THEN you can tell everyone else how good you are.

I'm sure it would be okay to keep note cards with you during interviews that you can read from, if you find that easier; simply explain the situation to the interviewers...if they have a hard time with it, you don't want to work with them, anyhow, believe me.

The chart seems to indicate that 'overcoming' it may not be the end-game here; but you already suspected this. What the chart says is what you have already been doing: self-esteem, hard work (squares = hard work), and especially overcoming the self-consciousness that a stutter can give you. Be patient with yourself, forgive yourself when you don't get it quite right, and keep at it. From a metaphysical point of view, the things we resist are the things that we wind up with, so in essence, if you resist your stutter you will get more stuttering.

This may sound a bit odd, but learn to laugh at it, laugh at the stress it tries to give you; maybe whilst you are bragging about your puncture-repair skills, brag about your stutter and how unique it makes you. Seriously. Laugh at it. As you have acknowledged in your own post, learning to not let it bother you anymore is a huge part of the challenge. :)

In your chart you have the beneficial North Node right on the Ascendant, and this should give you the assurance that, actually, you'll be okay in the end.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Govind

Thanks alot for your help archergirl. Everything you said is right.
Horary astrology is so fascinating, is there any book you would recommend for a novice like me?

Just a quick follow up question. Does this chart say if this is going to be a long term problem? Is the anxiety and low esteem associated with the stuttering as well as the actual stutter itself going to be something that troubles me for a long time to come?

See that's the main problem i have with horary astrology. If the question is vague and open ended, can the question still be answered?

Anyway thanks again.

archergirl

Hi Govind, glad you found it helpful.:)

All of the significators are in mutable signs: Saturn, Mars, and the Moon. Mutable signs indicate much change and moving about, and usually indicate a time period of 'medium': in other words, this won't be a quick fix, but on the other hand, I don't think this issue will afflict you your whole life (I'm sure you'll be relieved to know!). Some people might feel that having fixed angles in the chart speaks of permanence, but I feel the movable significators are of greater significance; you have some Free Will in this matter to make changes. The square in the chart suggests much labour involved, however, so I suspect that patience and diligence are your best friends here. Self -esteem, like anything else, requires careful cultivation and nurturing, but the results are well worth the efforts. I might suggest a good discussion of your natal chart over in the Natal Astrology section if you want to explore the issue of self-esteem and stuttering further; some good information may come out of it. Sometimes issues are written into the natal chart; sometimes it's simply something that comes up and then disappears again.

For horary I will always recommend the Skyscript website, a huge collection of valuable horary information for the skilled and unskilled alike, including online horary tutorials. As for books, no horarist should be without William Lilly's Christian Astrology Books I and II, the horarist's bible, as it were. I also recommend John Frawley's The Horary Textbook, written in modern-day English, which makes it much easier to understand. But Lilly's is the best and most widely-used, if you can handle the Renaissance English.

Best,

Last edited:

Sansamark

I too had realy problem giving presentations while I was at university - I used visual presentations, powerpoint and other online sources for tips on the actual content and method of presenting but delivery has to do with confidence really - make really interesting, visual presentations to support your dialogue and your audience will be engaged. if you are well prepared too you will feel confident and your audience will feel that too.

cassanra

You ;may want to look at your progressions. I stuttered as a child and kind of out grew it. My father was a radio answer for years and grand pa an attorney and they gave me heck but they kept saying "enunciate s-l-o-w-l-y". I think it connected my head to my mouth and I had to think about things before I spoke...Maybe it is because Gemini is in my third house..I am sure there is more on that but not sure what it would be. But oddly sun progressed out of gemini at eight years old so maybe that is the key. From a professional perspective....a speech therapist would be really helpful. If you are in the University the speech therepy students might work in the school clinics or something so that it would not be a cost to you through student health or thier department.

Adith

Hi Archergirl,

I was going through your analysis. As I am new to Western, (but I could some how make it, as most are similar and focusing mainly on the aspects they apply "), your interpretaion with explanation is excellent and it is more useful to me ! I do love reading your way of analysis ever! Hope I could get some knowledge slowly on western also..Thanks!

Regards
Adith