Predicting

zubiringo

I am a very newbie, have been asked by two friends:-
a) When am I going to sell my house and move?
b) Am I going to have any more children?

Open to all advice as to how to ascertain answers to the above questions.
Should I be looking at Solar/Lunar returns? Should I be concentrating on 4th and 7th houses or in the case of pregnacy 5th?

All advice very much appreciated.:confused:

waybread

zubiringo, if you ask three astrologers your questions, you may just get 4 opinions! Here is mine, but please realize that others may feel differently.

In "my astrology", yes-or-no questions are best left to horary astrology. It deals with specific answers to questions, based upon the question's moment in time. Horary is not based upon people's birth charts or their derivatives, but involves a very specialized examination of the question's "birth" chart.

I think that natal charts and their derivatives can suggest good and bad times, or plausible timing of events for people, but nothing definitive. I suspect that astrologers who are really good at pinpointing dates for house sales or family size using natal charts & derivatives are highly intuitive or even psychic, and that they go more by these latter techniques than analysing glyphs on a page. But it is entirely possible that astrologers who are really good at accurately timing events simply know a whole lot more astrology than I do, and are better at it. For example, if you go to the free charts section of astrodienst.com, there is material there on calculating fertility cycles, based upon the transits of the moon. I confess I've not studied it.

I assume that you have looked at predictive astrology: transits, progressions, and perhaps solar arcs.

So you could look at these to suggest good or bad times for particular types of events. For example, one's house should be indicated by the 4th house and/or the moon. Children are a 5th house matter, but lots of people with negative 5th house indicators nevertheless manage to have great children. I think I do.

Astrology takes years of study to do it proficiently, so you might just remind your friends that you are just now taking your first steps.

But as a learning tool, why not post your friends' questions and horary or natal charts (with transits and progressions) on this website, and ask the astrologers' community here to help you to find some answers? That way everyone will learn something!