Career & Success in my chart?

Kite

I write music and sing but is there anything in my chart that would suggest I could possibly even be successful in such a hard to get into profession?

Hi JLT-Dream. First I want to welcome you to the Sabian 20 Sagittarius club with your Neptune at 19 Sag 53. My Sun is in the same degree...another member has their Saturn there and another Vesta from what I can remember. I bring this up because Neptune also squares your Nodes which shows where you've been and where you're going. Neptune there can cause some pause especially since it also rules your South Node of Pisces. Your North Node is in Virgo but also in the 12th house which is also ruled by Neptune and Pisces!

So this Neptune position seems pretty important to me as it also trines your Venus and sextiles Pluto as they are in opposition to each other. Neptune allows that energy to find an outlet and in the 3rd house which can be seen as a house of competition (sibling rivalry types of things). It is also the house of communication - Bob Dylan is very Gemini if you look at his chart and he definately had something to say through his music.

Now back to this Neptune at Sabian 20. You asked if you have enough to break through. Here is the reading for this particular degree:

260__(20°)
MEN CUTTING THE ICE OF A FROZEN POND, FOR SUMMER USE Depth of operation necessary to prepare for next phase of life. Sacrifice of present to future. Thoroughness of action.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional capacity for overcoming obstacles and capitalizing on every possible eventuality, and when negative, lack of perspective and wholly unnecessary acceptance of hardship.

So I would read this as breaking through! You have lots of planets in your 8th house which shows ability to draw in other people's resources/money to help. I read the square from Jupiter in the performaning sign of Leo in the 10 house of career to Venus and Mars in 8 as positive especially since your Sun and Venus are in each other's signs or mutual reception.

Here's the deal right now. Saturn has been transiting your Leo Jupiter in the 10th house. This could be why your are questioning your career and abilites right now and feeling disheartened. I haven't looked at your progressed chart but I would imagine there is more information there on what might be happening to give you this sense of futility it sounds like you're feeling.

You are also going to turn 27 in May which brings you to the beginning of your Saturn Return which happens in your 12th house. Your Saturn being in Virgo, I could see lots of being critical with yourself. In any event career changes will come after that return which ends around 30 and in your case will be near your 1st house so new beginnings will be theme in your early 30s.

Ok some other indications of your fit in Music are the co-ruler of your Aquarius 5th house of creativity and self-expression, Uranus is in the 2nd house of what you hold such as talent, values, emotional depth since it conjuncts the moon in Scorpio there as well. Co-ruler Saturn is in 12 which can bring form to the cosmic whisperings you may be picking up when you write your songs.

Jupiter in the career 10th co-rules your 3rd house of communication and your 6th house of work and services provided.

You also went through a tough period the last few years as Pluto transited your Neptune (like it did my Sun and others around here). Lots of change in your way of doing your music I might speculate.

Anyway, I wish I could come up with some other more interesting options for you to look at but let's take a minute to look at what your soul wants to do and you think up other avenues. The first thing I look at is your evolutionary path which is represented by the polarity point of your Pluto which is 17 Aries in the 7th house. The reading for this degree is:

17__(17°)
TWO PRIM SPINSTERS ARE SITTING TOGETHER IN SILENCE Poised and dispassionate outlook, involving either great dignity and integrity of self,or inability to live life fully.
___*When positive, the degree is an utter fidelity to self and all its special idealizations of its own capacities, and when negative, an increasing exaltation of shallow interests and a witless pretense of distinction and great virtue.

Second, I look at your North Node degree for the direction the Soul wants to go which in your case is 16 Virgo which reads:

166__(16°)
CHILDREN CROWD AROUND THE ORANG-OUTANG CAGE IN THE ZOO The lesson which the very old can give to the very young in all realms. Vicarious experience. Inertia of instincts. Poise.
___*When positive, the degree is man's ability to strip himself to fundamentals and there stand proudly on his own, and when negative, self-justification in crudity or violence.

Finally I want to look at the degree that opposes the Neptune squaring the Nodes to see how it might play out in disrupting your quest. That degree is 20 Gemini and it reads:

80__(20°)
A SELF-SERVICE RESTAURANT DISPLAYS AN ABUNDANCE OF FOOD Prodigal distribution of life- resources. Inner wealth. Satiation, or discriminative use of natural energies. Rich supply.
___*When positive, the degree is a fullness of contribution and an effectiveness of requisition in all personal relationships, and when negative, a chronic inability to make decisions or a hopelessly dilettante spirit.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Kite

Arian Maverick

17__(17°)
TWO PRIM SPINSTERS ARE SITTING TOGETHER IN SILENCE Poised and dispassionate outlook, involving either great dignity and integrity of self,or inability to live life fully.
___*When positive, the degree is an utter fidelity to self and all its special idealizations of its own capacities, and when negative, an increasing exaltation of shallow interests and a witless pretense of distinction and great virtue.

Here's another Sabian synchronicity...this is the degree of my natal Mercury :mrgreen:

Aquarian Maverick

apollo73

:D WOW!!! Thank you so much Kite, that is absolutely fantastic, you really know your stuff, I'm going to enjoy re-reading that coz there is a lot of interesting information there I never expected to get, thank you so much for your time!!!

All the best

Jules :D

Natasha

Jules you have potention to investigate things hidden as your chart has a strong Scorpio Pluto 8th house theme. Psychology first came to mind but other invesgative occupations may also be of interest. Working with other peoples money in banks or big corporations is a possibility but it needs to be interesting for you or you will be bored. Something you can really get your teeth into.