Do any of you do this......Would you call it "cheating"?

Hi folks......i really would like to ask an horary about something thats recently happened to me, but my problem is that i know what the sky is like at the moment, so is the reason i dont ask.....i know nothing is in dignity and it is all pretty unexciting up there in the sky, so i dont ask......im bound to ask at some time, but not now...i know everything is a bit yuk......

do you think I am cheating.....do any of you deny looking at charts cos you know how uneventful the sky is?

any comments appreaciated.....

Last edited:
its kinda manipulation though, dont you think......wanting a better answer, than one knows they will get......I am shocked to hear that Lilly did it. Did he do this on any particular kind of charts, or just all of them?

You know....wishful thinking doesnt get you anywhere......:D I guess thats all this dumb thread is about....I know since that conjunction everything is looking a tad yuk....I guess i dont really need to know any answers....i kinda want to get busy getting back into horary, but when you know the answers already, then.......whats the point....no wonder the skys looking bleh to suit whats going on, or vice versa....whatever.

september is looking good hey...? Good!....spring over here.......lol

DiDi

looking to jupiter, I was wondering the same as you.
then i was thinking, things change so do circumstances and people.
Like if you were to say get married or have a child or change jobs before you were ready you would have a hard time of it and subsequency change your path somewhat.
Once you ready for these things i think one has a easier time of it and how to handle the changes within that comes.
So by waiting to ask such things as we want to means the same to me, and you know horay if something is not right it wtill still tell you, favorable line up or not!

archergirl

There was another thread about this recently. You can't really manipulate the stars...so even if you think you know how a chart is going to come out, sometimes it still doesn't. I am quite guilty of doing this...and I still get duff answers. If I know I'm doing it on purpose, I can't take the answer seriously, as it's more of an example of my personal insecurity about the situation rather than an 'actual' chart.

But I do wait for 'better' Moons to do horaries; I try to avoid doing them with the Moon detrimented. This doesn't involve too long a wait, usually, which would be hellish for my own Aries moon.:D

AG:)

junetown

i think it would depend on the question, just thinking in terms of desperation or perhaps needing to find hope in something.

if one is desperate or in despair, they should wait, maybe then the light at the end of the tunnel will be more apparent.

or, if you feel like you may be cheating, just ask the question as soon as it comes to you (and not under the ideas of "the sky is in good aspects right now"). then, you're not associating the question with the possible outcome.

that's probably the danger of becoming skilled at astrology ... knowing too much. every blessing has its curse.

i hope i get good enough to cheat one day :D (just to know that i could.)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I think situations like this are somewhat impossible. The idea behind astrology is anything that is given form becomes an impression of the skies at that moment. So there's no way around that. The idea is that you ask a question, and then you decide you shouldn't ask that question, so it goes something like this:

Blah blah blah...train of thought...one thing connects to another...thinking about something else...start thinking about your boyfriend...blah blah blah...start thinking about your next date...blah blah blah...then you ask yourself if the relationship will be permanent...then you go "I should do a horary"...then you realize "Oh snap! No one in the sky is happy right now, not a good time, I won't cast a chart."

That's great and all, but you've already asked the question when you wondered to yourself if it would be a permanent relationship. You can't take it back! Sometimes I wish we could...

purplepolaris

i had have the same concern before. I just read an article about "now" and its effects. The author says that "now" is the only important thing in our lives .the author says "now" is able to effect the future also the past.There is no past and future, there is only "now" (Emerson). the author attributed the horrory astrology.he says, we can change our future to select the time of the question.
So i can say it is not cheating.İt is power of knowledge:knowledge of horrory astrology.We have power of changing our destiny.( not all the time,not allways)

Last edited: