PDA

View Full Version : Help with houses

lillyjgc
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi folks,
I'm working on an event chart for surgery at the moment.(not mine)...I have the time and date and place for where the surgery is to occur... and have drawn up a chart which is technically an *event* chart, but its a *medical event*.
Is it correct that house one cusp is given to the surgeon initiating the procedure?

Would the seventh then represent the recipient of the procedure?

Is the procedure itself represented by the MC?
If there's anyone out there who is clear about this could you please advise me? Or direct me to a site that may help me work it out?>
Very much appreciated,
illyjgc

Looking to Jupiter
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM
not sure if you have seen this at skyscript.....
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/decumbiture1.html

might help.....

lillyjgc
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
LtJ, Yep, Thanks I have, but this is not a decumbiture chart- its an event chart and the rules are different, I think...With the event chart, to my understanding, the person who initiates the surgery is house one, in decumbiture, vice versa...so thats my question really...That site doesnt answer it...but thanks.
Lillyjgc

lillyjgc
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
ok i found this- i'll put it here for future reference:

The 8th house signifies surgery (Jacobson: The 7th rules the doctor or physician: the surgeon who usually cuts away a part that then dies is ruled by the death-8th.)..
The 1st house signifies the patient.
Mercury represents the instruments the surgeon will use.
The recovery process is signified by the 6th house.

In all event (decumbiture) charts, the 1st House is given to the patient. In horary questions about health conditions, the 1st House is for the person asking the question. When a person asks his or her own question, this is no problem. But when a question is asked about another person (or an animal, for example), the chart may need to be turned. The exception is that if a person asks on behalf of someone else, i.e., when the person asking is acting as the “agent" for the patient, then the patient is considered the 1st House, and the technical Querent (person asking the question) is ignored. If this is not the case, then the chart is turned to give the patient to the house that most closely indicates the patient' s relationship to the Querent: as to the 5th House if the Querent is the parent of the patient, etc

So I guess that answers my question

Cheers, Lillyjgc

Kaiousei no Senshi
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I disagree with the Eighth house of surgery, this is a modern statement based on the XYZ formula Pluto/Scorpio/Eighth.

It is a medical chart, but primarily it is an event chart for a medical procedure and I feel it needs to follow event chart rules as it is not a decumbutire (obviously, the times applicable for decumbutire drawings have already passed), and I feel should not be treated as one. Decumbiture charts are used for diagnosising the illness and identifying the treatment. This has already occured at this point as the procedure of surgery and the removal of whatever-it-is has been prescribed as the treatment. So, I feel we can abandon decumbiture rules now as it has already served its purpose.