Personal planets conjunct Eris.

Otay

Eris is not exactly understood because she is newly discovered, but like Eris would probably say herself is that she is considered a disrupter of the status quo although her motives remain inwardly unexpressed and a lot of trips are being layed on her. You won't find anything on Eris that asks where she's coming from, which, IMHO says it all.

I also have Eris conjunct my sun in early aries within a degree. I mean well and am not in the slightest a mean person either. So, in answer to your question, do a search on Eris and find out for yourself what you think about those ideas. From what I can glean, I can't really relate to any of these disseminations or to the myths about her to be found recognizable within my personality.

I'm a rebel, sure. But attribute other aspects in my chart to that, not Eris.

Nexus7

I have ben following threads about Eris on other forums. I heard Zane Stein point out that both Steve Jobs and Bill Gatews had very close Moon.Eris conjunctions. And they do seem to have shared a certain genius in common.

Ihave also heard it suggestes that Eris has a pevculiar way of getting caught up in sticking points and not being able to climb down or back off once this sticking point has been reached.

It also seems to play an important role in the election char that founded the EU - it is conjunct Mercury/Venus/Sun opposite the Ascendant. Maybe something to with boundaries too. Countries and grudges between countries last longer than the people who inhabit these countries.

Otay

Nexus7 said:
I also heard it suggestes that Eris has a pevculiar way of getting caught up in sticking points and not being able to climb down or back off once this sticking point has been reached.

It also seems to play an important role in the election char that founded the EU - it is conjunct Mercury/Venus/Sun opposite the Ascendant. Maybe something to with boundaries too. Grudges between countries last longer than the people who inhabit these countries.

Perhaps the sticking points are related to boundaries, but in a further sense, determining "workability" of going forward and who can actually move forward with one is rather universal. Maybe that's a big part of Eris's function to make that determination of how far one can go with a particular setup with individuals in our social and business arenas.
Who can be real companions and be let in the door of our lives, and who ought not to have more than the time of day from us.
There seems to be the element of "annoying dependency" or "grudging alliances", no? Having to tolerate something in order to gain something through rules one doesn't particularly respect.

Or am I just blathering on?

Arian Maverick

I noticed some time ago that I have my Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction conjunct Eris with an orb of slightly more than a degree, with Mercury conjunct Eris within eight arcminutes.

I'm a rebel, sure. But attribute other aspects in my chart to that, not Eris.

I have to agree with Otay about this; perhaps I am not yet able to glean anything from Eris' placement in natal charts yet because I do not yet know much about this planet, yet there are certainly other aspects of my chart that indicate that I tend to go against the status quo.

I don't think Eris is necessarily "mean," but she is known to be the Goddess of Discord.

Arian Maverick

Otay

Well, is Eris going around picking fights like a little Popeye?
Is Eris a brat? Is she immature? Is she the Goddess of Discord just to keep herself entertained? Or is there more to her than that. Does she serve a natural purpose like manure or glaciers...that's what we need to understand about her.

Hey

Banned
There's a member named Glaucus on other boards that talks about Eris and awareness. With personal planets associated with Eris, there's an attempt at the breakdown of society's assumptions on psychological illness and other profound subjects. Is Eris basically about awareness?
I find there's a certain tenaciousness and the same -won't-back-down' attitude you guys speak of. Eris is relentless.
So, Eris may have been a bothersome figure in mythology, but now it's a symbol of stirring up things for the greater good.

Last edited:

Otay

Can you say something about your experience of your mom? That could be a clue with the moon in the 8th.

Otay

No, I have sun/eris conjunct 6-7aries. moon quintile in gemini.

Frustrating part, all we have are our spotty perceptions which are mostly skewed this way or that. It's just me. I try to get it right the first time instead of meandering lines that essentially leave one as clueless as before.
It's alright to have things open-ended perhaps, probably because that's all there is.

I question perspectives, including my own all the time. What rules the house Eris occupies, in my case mars. Where's mars? In pisces in the 5th. Where's my sun? In the 6th house of service. Ceres rises before my sun in pisces. I "disrupt the status quo" and "people call me intolerant" everytime I see children or critters unprotected and pushed around. Big impulse of mine.
To step in and protect. It's a built-in compulsion.

Otay

A marginal interest in tennis opens and hockey (purely as spectator), did a lot of skiing and sailing the ocean blue as a kid to age 20.
I have venus/aq, merc/pisc, mars/pisc in the 5th house. More oriented to art, writing, literature, kids and critters.

Probably mars in a sign that suggests stamina in the 5th or at teh midheaven, Leo midheavens with action planets like mars there I see a lot with sportmen/women who also dig the spotlight.

Raki Brown

I've got Mars conjunct Eris in Aries within a degree. I'm a rebel of sorts but more of a non-conformist, have lots of energy generally and I'm highly competitive + ambitious. Don't mind sowing discord but I generally don't go out of my way to do so, I have been chucked out of several forums though for being a bit too confrontational. Generally though I'm a defender of truth and those who are downtrodden I think. Hard to say how much Eris influences things, I've got Mars conjunct Mercury by 5 degrees and the Venus conjunct Mercury by another 5 degrees all in Aries. Mars opposite Pluto, plenty of fire but it's mostly in the mind and in the realm of the theoretical and philosophical... Got sun conjunct Sedna within a degree and conjunct Chiron, the Sedna thing could be argued to cause discord and chaos too... I don't know, working on a whole different form of astrology, I think there are too many influences to take account of now to carry on with the same old method of analysis. Also astrology is still the laughing stock of the science community, it's like alchemy before the scientific method turned it into chemistry.

Bjorkstrand

SUN CONJUNCT ERIS

ADAMS, JOHN
BEETHOVEN
BLAKE
BEATTY,WARREN
CAINE, MICHAEL
CLOSE, GLEN
CROSS, MARCIA
CROWE, RUSSELL
DICKENS
DION, CELINE
DOWNEY JR, ROBERT
EICHMANN, ADOLPH
EINSTEIN, ALBERT
GACY, JOHN
HARRIS, EMMYLOU
HARRISON,REX
HERSCHELL, WILLIAM
MULRONEY, BRIAN
RUSSELL, KURT
SHAKESPEARE
VOISINE, ROCH
VON BRAUN, WERNER
WEBBER, ANDREW
WHITTAKER, ROGER

Athlete superheros who have ERIS CONJUNCT THE SUN
GORDIE HOWE-HOCKEY
BOBBY ORR-HOCKEY
ROGER BANISTER-BROKE THE 4 MINUTE MILE
GARY KASPAROV-CHESS CHAMP(12 DEG ORB) I USE 15

OTHERS
Maybe ERIS should be called KIRK. After Captain James T Kirk
from Startrek.
WILLIAM SHATNER
LEONARD NIMOY
JIM LOVELL
DAVID SUZUKI
MARIO MONTI (SUPER MARIO)
JACKIE CHAN

Bjorkstrand

Eris is the first chakra in the first layer of the aura. The vital layer.
7 chakras and 7 layers therefore 49 "doors".
Read Barbara ann Brennen's book, Hands of Light.

SUN OPPOSITION ERIS

LAUREN BACALL
ANN BACROFT
BRIDGET BARDOT
ROBERT BLAKE
BLAVATSKY
JIMMY CARTER
LEONARD COHEN
MATT DAMON***************plays a superman type of role
ANGIE DICKINSON
JOHN DIEFENBAKER*************wins a huge majority government
MICHAEL DOUGLAS
JENNA ELFMAN
JANEANE GAROFALO
GLEN GOULD*************bach music
LINDA HAMILTON********superwoman first to get really ripped with muscles
RICHARD HARRIS
PHIL HARTMAN
CHARLETON HESTON*********plays moses
JEREMY IRONS
JESUS*********************************************superman!!!!!!!!
JOHN LENNON 11 DEG ORB
CHRISOPHER REEVE***************he plays superman
SUSAN SARANDON
BRUCE SPRINGTEEN
SYLVIA TYSON
IAN TYSON