Tragedy in Mexico

pwadm

Staff member
I just found out terrible news about a fellow astrologer in Mexico, a well-known predictive astrologer Gonzalo Peña Tamez who owns a popular astrology mailing list I_predict at YahooGroups. I used to lurk on that list a couple of years ago and exchanged several messages with him.
Two of his 3 children were murdered yesterday and the third one is in critical state. Awful...

Below is a copy of the message distributed fwd to another mailing list.

============================

Date: Fri Mar 3, 2006 10:32 am
Subject: from Gonzo gonzalo_pena...
Send Email
Invite to Yahoo! 360º

Dear Folks:

A great tragedy has occurred to me yesterday... My beautiful
daughter
Erika, 18 years old, had been dating the same boy, her first
boyfriend, for
close to 3 years... His name is Diego Santoy Riveroll. He was born
September 09, 1994, in Matamoros, MX. He has a tight Mars Uranus
conjunction
straddling his natal Ascendant. He was very impulsive; jealous beyond
his
ability to control it. Erika's old time friends, some back from her
elementary school days, others from high school had all been harassed
by
him, because he was so possessive of her and forbid her to have normal
social life. Knowing her chart (born September 19, 1987 at 02:45 AM in
Guadalajara, Mexico) and his, I asked her to be careful with the guy.
He got
to be so overbearing, that she decided to break-up with him. And she
told
me she had told him that she did not want to be her girlfriend any
longer
precisely the day transiting Pluto in Sagittarius opened a one degree
orb of
square to her natal Sun in Virgo ruler of her Leo Ascendant. I
immediately
told her, in front of her sister, Azura (19 years old), that Diego
was going
to kill her. I got very worried and called my ex-wife, Tere Coss,
and told
her that our daughter was going to be murdered by her crazy
boyfriend, that
we should send her away from Monterrey, to spend one year in
Guadalajara.
She told me she was aware of the danger, but she feared that
something bad
could happen to her if she was far from us, suggesting she should
stay here
but be careful.

Yesterday, my ex-wife was out of town on a business trip. Erika was
supposed to get up early and drive our sun Erik, 7 years old, to his
school,
and our 3 years old princess, a beautiful girl named Fernanda Ishtar
who was
my joy and pride, to her day-care center. Then, at 2 PM my other
daughter
was meant to pick our 2 babies and bring them here to eat with me
like every
school day. But Erika did not wake-up on time and did not take the
babies
to their school and day care center. They stayed home. By midmorning
Erika's boyfriend arrived to convince my daughter that they return
together.
My guess is that she rejected him. He went crazy and attacked Erika
with a
big knife from the kitchen. Then my valiant 7 years old prince
jumped to
defend her sister; and our 3 years old princess did the same. Diego
killed
both my angel babies with a big knife. The poor creatures, my darling
babies, bled to death there!. Both!. Then he continued attacking my
beautiful daughter, Erika, trespassing her from beck to front in her
thorax
with the big knife, piercing a big hole in her lung, and cutting her
neck
thrice. My other daughter slept through it, and by the time she woke
up,
Erika had crawled through the house losing most of her blood. Azura
went
crazy when she saw that her sister's head was almost all severed. She
phoned me crying hysterically, and told me that my son had been
murdered and
Erika was being taken in an ambulance to the hospital. The police
arrived
and took Azura away to help them locate the assassin.

Tere was notified and she caught a plane back to Monterrey, but she
did not
arrive until 8:00 PM last night, By then I had been through the
nightmare
of waiting 4 hours outside the operation room where 6 doctors and a
team of
nurses worked hard at saving Erika's life.

The chief surgeon, after over 5 hours, told me Erika had arrived
with no
pulse: close to zero blood pressure and heart beat... They
transfused 6
litters of blood through the operation, got over a litter of
hemorrhaged
blood from her wounded lung, and did their best to repair her neck
tubes.
The jugular veins were severed too; causing her massive blood
drain... But
they repaired her neck the best they could.

From seeing the doctors faces I could see they had been really
sweating it
up with their best performance to bring my beautiful daughter back to
life.
No one wanted to say that there was any hope, though, of safely
stabilizing
her. It was not until after midnight, that I and my ex-wife, were
allowed to
enter our daughter's room where she had just been brought at the
intensive
care ward after so many hours in the operation room. She was there,
my poor
daughter, with tubes through her mouth, nostrils and chest, hooked to
all
the monitors and gadgets, almost wide open, but unconscious, with her
neck
an awful mess. Very painful to behold as you can well imagine. My ex-
wife
was being strong, but I don't know, she has suffered so much I don't
know
whether she can overcome it. Same for Azura, whom I fear she will
just die
quietly soon out of sheer grief and pain. You can imagine our
tragedy. I'm
doing my best to appear strong when I hold them in my arms to console
them
the best I can. Our babies were good and healthy, smart and wholesome,
tender and loving. I always thought I was so blessed to have such
golden
angels. Now heavens has taken them away.

I can only stand it because our love bond keeps us together even
now that
they are dead.

Our relatives and friends are being supportive... The whole city of
Monterrey, with its 5 million people, has been totally shaken, the
way the
local media have blown out this tragedy... More so because my ex-
wife,
having had her astrology program in the local TV, seen here and in
other
cities near by and in Texas, is somewhat of a celebrity: one of the
well
known astrologers in the Mexican Northwest.

I haven't slept in two days at all, and just now I was notified
that the
corpses of my 7 years old prince and my 3 years old princess are
already at
the funeral parlor. Erik had told her mother recently that if he
died he
did not want to be eaten by maggots. So Tere wants to incinerate
them, and
we decided that even though some advice not to do it right away, we
will do
it right away. Today, Friday, at 2 PM, out two sweet darling babies
are
going to be incinerated.

As I have so many silent friends in this list, lurkers, some from
so many
years ago, I just felt this need to communicate to me the sad tragedy
that
has happened to me and my loved ones.

This is the birth data for Erik:

Erik Pena Coss y Leon
July 28, 1998
05:30 AM CDT
Monterrey, N.L.
100W18'26'' 25N40'11''
Asc.: 13Cancer33'

And this is the birth data for my princess Ishtar:

Maria Fernanda Ishtar Pena Coss y Leon
October 15, 2002
03:00 PM CDT
Monterrey, N.L.
Asc.: 01Aquarius40'

My grief is boundless... I might have to collapse some time soon.
I don't
feel now like getting technical about the astrology of my tragedy.
It's
been too overwhelming. Right now I must go and say good bye to my two
babies.

Thanks for your best wishes.

love

Gonzo

Draco

My God!

That was a completely horrendous read. That must have been so difficult for Gonzalo to write, and I can only try to imagine the intensity of grief and horror that he must have been feeling as he wrote this. It is stunning and appalling. wtf??????

My heart goes out to that man in a big way, I really feel as if we should all at least say a prayer for him or something, because personal tragedies don't get worse than this. I am so shocked to read this. I just cannot imagine that happening to me. Can any of us? It is just unbelieveable. So shocking!

Of course, it would be very interesting to analyse the astrology of this dramatic tragedy, yet at the same time, part of me would also feel a bit guilty, about using this event as an opportunity for my own pursuits of study.

Surely if this man and his ex-wife are astrologers, her being a noted one, they should have had some awareness that there was a risk of something horrible casting a shadow over their family? Then again, I suppose he did try to warn his daughter. This is a lesson to us that when we observe a horrid influence lurking upon our charts we should be mindful to arrange our lives so as to minimise the threat that such influences impose, and to do our best to capitalise upon the good ones.

I am still rather shocked after reading about this horror, and I will pray for Gonzalo, even though it is something I don't often do.

The murderer was born in 1994, so he is seriously only, 11 years old!? (and the girl at 18, was in a relationship with him?!?!:?)

Really shocking and terrible, and my heart goes out to him.

Draco :sad:

Arian Maverick

Oh my Lord...this is absolutely horrendous. I can't imagine the guilt, the pain, he must feel...as Draco has said, this is perhaps the worst tragedy that could possibly happen to anyone :cry:

I offer him and his family my deepest condolences and prayers :(

Aquarian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Worst imaginable situation indeed. Algol's job.

I can only hope God will give him strenght to survive psychologically. He is an Aries with Aquarius rising as well.

Mia

I am shocked beyond words and feel touched to the core by this. People have to deal with so much in this lifetime and some more than others. I think all we can do is send this poor man and his family our loving thoughts and hope they reach him in some way. Many years ago, a friend of mine and her partner were killed by her ex in this way for a similar reason and it is the most shocking, shocking thing ever.

Mia

Summery Joy

I speak three languages and there are no words in any of them that could describe this tragedy and how I feel about it. My prayers are with Gonzalo.

Draco said:
Of course, it would be very interesting to analyze the astrology of this dramatic tragedy, yet at the same time, part of me would also feel a bit guilty, about using this event as an opportunity for my own pursuits of study.

I disagree, Draco. Gonzalo wrote this for a reason. He was not just delivering news. He provided the astrological data needed for the interpretation. Selflessly, he wanted us to learn from his experience. We should make the pain it took him to write this worth while, don't you think?

Draco said:
Surely if this man and his ex-wife are astrologers, her being a noted one, they should have had some awareness that there was a risk of something horrible casting a shadow over their family? Then again, I suppose he did try to warn his daughter.

They did have the awareness and I'm thankful that they did. At least they had a chance to prepare themselves for it. I know that there is no way one could be fully prepared for something like this, but imagine if they had no idea it was going to happen.

Draco said:
The murderer was born in 1994, so he is seriously only, 11 years old!? (and the girl at 18, was in a relationship with him?!?!:?)

Yeah, that struck me as odd too. How could a 18 year old girl date an 11 year old boy? Gonzalo did not provide the time of birth of the boy, but the date of birth he provided (1994) shows a chart with a Mars/Uranus opposition. The chart that shows the conjunction he was talking about would be in 1984, which would make more sense. I guess poor Gonzalo was too shaky writing his post and entered some inaccurate information. Who could blame him?

I believe in the existence of the bright side of everything. I cannot see the bright side to this but I still believe in one. Hopefully, Gonzalo and his loved ones will find it in their life time, overcome the pain and sorrow and gain some comfort.

May the souls of those innocent victims rest in peace. :(

blumen

Gonzalo wrote this for a reason. He was not just delivering news. He provided the astrological data needed for the interpretation. Selflessly, he wanted us to learn from his experience. We should make the pain it took him to write this worth while, don't you think?

This story is just too shocking, and I do not have the courage to cast a chart for the day when the murder took place.
Had this story been anonymized, so to speak, I would have casted the chart, because I could have been objective in my analysis and considered the chart coldly, as a mere object of study. But after reading a message written by the father of the three victims himself this is something I cannot do now.

Summery Joy

blumen said:
Gonzalo wrote this for a reason. He was not just delivering news. He provided the astrological data needed for the interpretation. Selflessly, he wanted us to learn from his experience. We should make the pain it took him to write this worth while, don't you think?

This story is just too shocking, and I do not have the courage to cast a chart for the day when the murder took place.
Had this story been anonymized, so to speak, I would have casted the chart, because I could have been objective in my analysis and considered the chart coldly, as a mere object of study. But after reading a message written by the father of the three victims himself this is something I cannot do now.

That I can relate to, actually. Although I believe the charts should be studied, I still cannot get myself to do. Maybe in a while.

marlenrf

Yes, Gonzalo made a mistake. I just saw the guy who did it on TV. He was caught yesterday in his way to Guatemala according to the police. He is indeed 21.

Huge condolences to the man and his family. Hopefully his acquaintance with astrology will help him deal with the grief in time, but your heart goes out to him.
I think the killer's birth chart should be for 9 Sept 1984. The day of the murder sees the Sun-Ura conjunction separating from his natal Moon, trining his natal Saturn, and bearing down on a square to his natal Mars.
I suppose the danger is that however you interpret that, there will be the possibility that he will blame himself for not seeing it in advance, but anyone with any experience of prediction knows astrology only seems to yield accuracy with the benefit of hindsight; this whole sorry episode is proof of that, and hopefully he will see it the same way.
- Astrophile

NanchitaV

I just cannot believe what has happened. I have been watching everything on the news since the trajedy. I can't even begin to imagine the pain this family is going through. My condolences go out to Gonzalo, Erika and the rest of their family. You are all in my prayers.

Chik-Zero

ESTE TIPO... SÓLO QUIERE FAMA... ME DA LÁSTIMA QUE SUS POBRES HIJOS HAYAN TENIDO QUE PAGAR EL PRECIO DE LA FAMA Y QUE A NADIE LE CONDUELA LA VIDA DE LOS PEQUEÑOS... :(

aS

hey there. i just wanted to say that there's alot behind the tragedy. i dont really think erika is saying the truth i've been wathing everything about it on tv and personally there are lots of contradictions on erika's side...i'm not saying i'm in favor of diego but what he has said is more believable...i don't really know diego but i know people who knew him and everyone says that he's not like that...nobody knows what happened to him why he did that...by the way i'm from matamoros mexico....where diego was born
and here's a question for Gonzo...are erik and fernanda your kids??cuz i just saw and interview from the lawyer who's defending erika where he said that they weren't your kids....and your wife said that they were...so i don't know is that true or is that one more contradiction???....i'm really sorry about the kids cuz they didn't had nothing to do with that problem but there's a loooot to discover....take care bye!

I just have a comment on the above. Newcasts in Mexico have been awful, and have presented a calm no-so-disraught Erika saying how she can't understand what happened, and describing the events as she remembers them.
The problem is that she, her mother and her sister have fallen in some contradictions. And you listen to Diego's story and it has this grisly plausibility.

I am in no way defending Diego. He has committed a horrible crime. It's just that when you listen to both sides, it's like trying to put together pieces of two different puzzles. Everything makes you believe that he did not act alone.

So, and just for the benefit of the truth, I believe someone should really, really cast a chart for the day of the murder, to see what actually happened. Because if Diego did not do this by himself, it is definitely NOT FAIR that two innocent children will not be in peace seeing others as guilty as Diego, living a free life.

Of course, freedom is relative. Our souls are bound by our guilts.

Thanks

Summery Joy

I want to erect the event chart, but I'm lost in Gonzalo's post. Does any body see the event data? He posted it on March 3rd and aid it happened the previosu day. But I cannot find a time.

Draco

Hi all,

Nora,

Would there not be a newssite that would detail the date and time of the crime? At least an approximate time? I always believe that the time that the news reports something as having happened is the time that the powers that be intend astrologers to work with, even if that time is not mathematically accurate to the minute.

Draco :wink:

Hi, I hope all this I'm posting helps!

First of all, let me brief you on the circumstances under which the events took place. Tere Coss, Erika's mother, is out of town. Erika, her 19-year old sister Azura, her 7-year old brother Eric, her 3-year old sister Fernanda and Catalina Juarez, their maid, are alone in the house.
The house is a three story building, with a smaller building in the back part of the lot, which Mrs. Coss uses as an office. Mrs. Coss has a secretary, Ms. Linda Marentes, who comes to work every day at around 8:30 am.

Unfortunately, the chronology of events is still unclear due to the different versions, but the Department of Justice of the State of Nuevo Leon has issued the following:
4:15 - 4:30 am: Diego breaks into the house
5:20 - 5:40 am: He cuts the phone lines and a set of cords from the curtains
5:50 - 6:10 am: Erik was beaten unconscious, then taken to the laundry room where he was stabbed to death and his body covered with laundry
6:30 am: The maid's alarm clock goes off, she wakes up and Diego finds her. He puts tape on her mouth and ties her hand with a cord. He hides her in the bathroom and goes away.
6:40 - 7:00 am: Diego comes back to the bathroom where he left the maid, and takes her to the guest bathroom.
7:45 - 8:00 am: Erika was supposed to take her brother to school and her sister to the day care center, but wakes up to find it's already too late and goes baack to sleep. Maria Fernanda Ishtar comes out of her bedroom looking for her sisters, except she was found by Diego, who strangled her with the curtain cords, and hides her in a closet.
8:30 - 8:40 am: Linda Marentes shows up for work as usual, finds that the main door is still closed and goes to the back through the garage.
10:00 - 10:20 am: Linda calls Erika on her cell phone, but there is no answer. Some 20 minutes later, she calls her through the window that levels with the office in the back. They talk, and Linda later declared everything seemed ok.

At this point, and according to the victim, Erika comes down from the bedroom, but Diego finds her and starts hitting her on the head with a hammer. He then stabs her in the back, cuts her throat and drags her through the living room. She pretends to be dead so Diego will leave her alone.

He goes back to where he had left the maid, tells her to get up. He puts her in the trunk of Erika's car and drives away.

Erika then gets up and walks to the back looking for help, and asks Linda to call an ambulance.

Now, here are some wierd facts:
1. All along, Azura was in the house, yet she declared she did not hear or see anything.
2. All this happened between 4:30 and 11:30 am, at the most. It is estimated it was 11:30 when Linda found Erika bleeding, yet the ambulance was not brought in until 1:30 pm (two hours later.
3. Erika and her family declared she had a wound in the aorta.
a. Wouldn't your mind be in la-la land, rather than having the coldness of faking you own death (who know, maybe her instincts for survival are very strong)?
b. Wouldn't you be too weak to walk and look for help (remember she also has a punctured lung), let alone talk (she asked for help, and said who injured her)?
c. Don't you bleed to death before an hour when your aorta is slit?
4. The staff at the hospital said she had no deep wounds to her throat, yet they were told that they should not release the medical report to the media for any reason.
6. Erika's stay at the hospital was very brief (13 days), given the severity of the alleged injuries.
5. Diego sent Erika a message on her cell at 12:30 pm, after he had dopped off the maid at a far side of town, which proves he was long gone by then (remember the ambulance did not come in until 1:30 pm).
6. It was said that the bodies of the children would stay at the morgue to be autopsied and find more evidence, yet they were released to the parents and cremated the very next day. The father alleged that in a conversation with his mom, Eric said that when he died he did not want the worms to eat him, so he would rather be cremated.
a. Is it normal for a a 7-year old child to think of or have thoughts of death? Of his own death?
b. If so, would a 7-year old child make plans of what has to be done with his remains?

Very shortly, Diego is going to give a new statement, as he said he was tortured to confess, that his initial declaration was not given by him, it was made up. Wha tis a fact is that his attorney was not present, so it is not valid.

All this is very wierd, but let me make a statement: I am NOT in favor of Diego! As I said before, he has committed a terrible crime, and he should pay for it. But, if he did not do this alone, who ever helped, who ever participated, who ever saw, must speak, even if guilty. Remember, TWO CHILDREN WERE MURDERED. They were 7 and 3 years old. Their names are Eric and Fernanda Ishtar. They did nothing to bring this upon themselves, and yet they can't rest until the truth comes out.

I believe in Justice, it's just that sometims I do not believe so much in the ones who serve it.

Thanks,[/i]

Draco

Aquarius,

Sorry I am posting so late, but I appreciate your effort in obtaining and posting all that information, which is just what is needed to analyse this event astrologically.

I must say however, that the detailed blow by blow account of what trangressed is quite disturbing. It would however, be interesting to consider the astrology.

Anyway, I must try to get a bit of sleep.

Draco :wink: