PDA

View Full Version : I am 20 years old, could i be infertile?

star2858
06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
I need someone's help on interpreting my chart. I would do it myself but i am still learning and this is a difficult area. I think i might have the classic signs of infertility, but the thing is: i'm only 20 and nothing is wrong with me. There has neither been any problems in my family with having children. Please help me if you can.

waybread
06-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Your cluster of 5th house planets in Virgo square Saturn and Uranus in houses dealing with marriage and sexuality make me think that you could have difficulty with conception. But I truly think astrology goes only so far. It gives a potential, not your autobiography. I guess the main question is, do you want to have children? If so, spending time around them is always a way to bring their energies into your life, whether or not the stork cooperates.

Natasha
06-07-2008, 07:16 AM
My eye went to your Mars in the 5th and your moon in Aries in the 12th
As previously said one cannot isolate any placements down to one literal outcome
I thought that Aries and Moon could mean a quick birth experiance maybe rushing to the hospital for the delivery.
Whatever you have several planets in the 5th which is among other things children images. On one level or another children (& other 5th house images) will probably play a part in your life.
From a medical perspective early delivery comes to mind.
Your 5th house Sun is quincunx your 12th house Moon. You may be ambivilant about having children - a part of you may want to have fun and have freedom and another part may want to settle down with children. I understand that the resolution to the quincunx is to enable the two luminaries some time each - its an adjustment thing to give space for each
Whatever with a 5th house sun mars you will be advantaged by having those young years free and to enjoy yourself.

SunConjunctPluto
06-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Your cluster of 5th house planets in Virgo square Saturn and Uranus in houses dealing with marriage and sexuality make me think that you could have difficulty with conception. But I truly think astrology goes only so far. It gives a potential, not your autobiography. I guess the main question is, do you want to have children? If so, spending time around them is always a way to bring their energies into your life, whether or not the stork cooperates.

It's bloody irresponsible to be telling a 20 year old they could be infertile. Most women I know, have or are currently going the phase of the fear of not being fertile ! which is a common fear around younger women.

Dangerous because some end up not taking contraception just to see what happens as their is a fear / thought that they won't get pregnant and then BANG ! you know what happens next.

For christ sake don't feed peoples fears and go to a doctor if you are really worried !

waybread
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
It's bloody irresponsible to be telling a 20 year old they could be infertile. Most women I know, have or are currently going the phase of the fear of not being fertile ! which is a common fear around younger women.

Dangerous because some end up not taking contraception just to see what happens as their is a fear / thought that they won't get pregnant and then BANG ! you know what happens next.

For christ sake don't feed peoples fears and go to a doctor if you are really worried !

Settle down, pal. Star2858 already has concerns about fertility or she wouldn't have posted. I told her that astrology cannot give a definitive answer. But at some level, astrologers need to tell the truth as they see it.

You have totally invented the rest of your "concerns" about my message.

Funny that you want me to be so nicey-nice. You don't strike me as being that way yourself.

SunConjunctPluto
06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
agreed- I not going to be nicey nicey, when I can see posts that possibly will only fuel a young womans fear and increase stress levels when like the women said an unfounded fear as there is no medical reason for her being worried over this.

star2858
06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
agreed- I not going to be nicey nicey, when I can see posts that possibly will only fuel a young womans fear and increase stress levels when like the women said an unfounded fear as there is no medical reason for her being worried over this.

Hey.

It's ok everyone. I'm just worried like a typical virgo would be worred about their health. I always thought that all that virgo in my chart represented what i was like personality wise and how i work and my attitude. I have a lot of the true qualities of a virgo: like working hard, worrying, being fussy and critical.

I'll probably be married in a few years and i'll have children then. But i might just be worrying about anything. I hope there's nothing wrong with me. I don't take any pills or anything like that either. I just hope everything goes ok.

star2858
06-07-2008, 06:14 PM
My eye went to your Mars in the 5th and your moon in Aries in the 12th
As previously said one cannot isolate any placements down to one literal outcome
I thought that Aries and Moon could mean a quick birth experiance maybe rushing to the hospital for the delivery.
Whatever you have several planets in the 5th which is among other things children images. On one level or another children (& other 5th house images) will probably play a part in your life.
From a medical perspective early delivery comes to mind.
Your 5th house Sun is quincunx your 12th house Moon. You may be ambivilant about having children - a part of you may want to have fun and have freedom and another part may want to settle down with children. I understand that the resolution to the quincunx is to enable the two luminaries some time each - its an adjustment thing to give space for each
Whatever with a 5th house sun mars you will be advantaged by having those young years free and to enjoy yourself.

Yes i think you could be right about balancing out with children and having freedom. I'm studying to be a lawyer right now but i would leave everything for my family and children and so maybe that may happen one day.

Carole
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll go with waybread on this. If someone asks a question to an Astrologer, we must assume that they want to hear the truth. If they didn't want to know the answer they wouldn't ask to begin with. To be nice (to lie?) in this case would be totally irresponsible, and telling the truth is not in conflict with being nice anyway. All the way around, I think.

Now this is what I see in this chart:

- Your 5th house of children containing and ruled by the Sun in Virgo, a barren sign. Mars, the lesser Infortune, is also in this house and in Virgo.

- Your Ascendant is in Taurus, a more fertile than infertile sign, ruled by Venus in 5th. Venus is happy in this house and it's a fertile planet, but it's in Virgo, its fall, in a barren sign and combust. It doesn't aspect Jupiter and it's afflicted by Saturn, the Greater Infortune in 7th house in Sagittarius. Some might say that it's afflicted by Mars also.

- The Moon is in Aries, a barren sign, in 12th house, a malefic and cadent house, and it's afflicted by Saturn, the Greater Infortune.

- The North Node is in Aries, a barren sign, in 12th house, a malefic, cadent house.

- Cusp of the 11th house ruled by Saturn in 7th and in Sagittarius.

- Mercury is in Libra, in mutual reception with Venus in Virgo, and in 6th house, a malefic and cadent house.

- There is only left Part of Fortune's position and it's not shown in this chart.

According to the traditional way to judge fertility, this chart doesn't show many testimonies that can declare it. I might be wrong, according to some people here, but this is what I see and think.

Carole

archergirl
06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
I think, frankly, this is needless and pointless worrying, especially since the querent hasn't yet settled into a childbearing state of mind. So why worry about it so far in advance?

On the other hand, I am also sceptical about signs of infertility in an astrological chart. I have no 'fertile' markers in my chart (Aquarius Ascendant, Moon in Aries in the 3rd conjunct Saturn, Gemini on the cusp of the 5th; 5th ruler Mercury in Capricorn in the 12th), and I've had two children + one miscarriage; none of these pregnancies were planned or even really expected.

So in all honesty, star2858, since you aren't in that 'space' yet, quit worrying about it. In all the infertility charts I've looked at, the biggest problem isn't fertility; it's the woman fussing so much about it that it affects her health, and thus she's so uptight that she can't conceive. It really, really does matter, the perspective you take on it. So chill for the time being! Worry about it being a problem when it actually *is* a problem.

Cheers,
AG:)

waybread
06-07-2008, 09:22 PM

Fair enough, SunConjunctPluto, but I am relieved that the main player here, who is not either of us, is OK with having a direct and open discussion. I generally try to be tactful with people, but I also do not believe in infantalizing them by assuming that they are too weak to handle a frank, adult discussion. Carole, I appreciate your comments. I saw a portion of what you did.

star2858, I would only repeat my belief that a chart offers a kind of potential, not an iron-clad destiny. I am a great believer in choice-centred astrology, in which people can make choices to interpret and live their charts in very supportive and empowering ways. I have a Virgo rising sign, the moon in a barren sign, and afflicted planets in the 5th. I know what it is like to worry about health and conception, and to go through a long period when I feared that I could not conceive. My two healthy and loving children are the light of my life.

smilingsteph
06-08-2008, 02:49 AM
I am hoping you are not playing around with your fertility to see if you can get pregnant....
As far as I know, being in the medical field, there is no way a woman can see if she is infertile without medical tests. No symptoms other than not getting pregnant while actively trying to.

star2858
06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Fair enough, SunConjunctPluto, but I am relieved that the main player here, who is not either of us, is OK with having a direct and open discussion. I generally try to be tactful with people, but I also do not believe in infantalizing them by assuming that they are too weak to handle a frank, adult discussion. Carole, I appreciate your comments. I saw a portion of what you did.

star2858, I would only repeat my belief that a chart offers a kind of potential, not an iron-clad destiny. I am a great believer in choice-centred astrology, in which people can make choices to interpret and live their charts in very supportive and empowering ways. I have a Virgo rising sign, the moon in a barren sign, and afflicted planets in the 5th. I know what it is like to worry about health and conception, and to go through a long period when I feared that I could not conceive. My two healthy and loving children are the light of my life.

Hey.

Thanks for all your advice. I don't know what to think anymore. I have a chart like yours but i hope i can have children someday. I'd never leave it too late or anything. I'm actually Indian, so i'll have to get married no later than 25. I don't think age would be a problem for infertility, it might be something else. I think it would be wise to eliminate the stress in my life and the stress i'll have in the future as a lawyer.

Jeremy
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Interesting, according to this methodology, and bearing in mind that I have,
No planets in the 5th,
The 5th ruled by Uranus which is in Virgo: a barren sign (or if you're a traditionalist, by Saturn, in Aries: also a barren sign). Saturn afflicted by Sol.
Ascendant in Virgo, a barren sign.
North Node in Aries: a barren sign.
Cusp of the 11th ruled by Leo and thus barren. (As Lilly said: "Is reputed barren, being the house of the Sun, and Lyons bring forth Young rarely.")
Venus in Virgo: oops another barren sign!

I have fathered four children so far in my life. I suppose it could have been more, but really for all this talk of barren-ness the evidence seems thin. I am (partly) in agreement with SunconjunctPluto on this, I don't see the sense in conveying such a negative assessment to somebody who has no physiological predisposing factors, it seems harsh at best. The key judgement has to be "is my advice helpful?" How can this be helpful? Even if you could be sure of this conclusion (which seems unlikely) then the most conclusive statement to make would be "go see a doctor and take a fertility test because x, y and z suggest a possibility of some potential difficulty."

We are after all talking to real people here, even if it only seems like we are typing our words into a computer!

waybread
06-08-2008, 09:46 PM
The key judgement has to be "is my advice helpful?" How can this be helpful? Even if you could be sure of this conclusion (which seems unlikely) then the most conclusive statement to make would be "go see a doctor and take a fertility test because x, y and z suggest a possibility of some potential difficulty."

We are after all talking to real people here, even if it only seems like we are typing our words into a computer!

Jeremy, I do not doubt this for a minute. I am a real person out here as well, who conservatively has discussed about a thousand charts with people, generally to good effect. star2858 strikes me as an intelligent enough lady to know already the patently obvious "advice" about seeking medical tests if they should seem necessary; let alone about avoiding an unplanned pregnancy as a kind of do-it-yourself fertility test. I mean, Duh-uh. Again, I don't think an astrologer does anybody any favours by assuming that they are so weak or infantile that they cannot face negative possibilities--which is all that I ever suggested her astrological placements were.

star2858, Thanks for being gracious as well as understanding about the side-line discussion on your thread.

smilingsteph
06-09-2008, 04:22 AM
Well let the poster tell us whether she has had medical tests done? Clearly she has no idea or no clear rational as to why she thinks she is infertile...

Jeremy
06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I would say that Smilingsteph hints at my point, and perhaps I overstated things (tr. Me opp Ma yesterday...) when she uses the word rational. I am only generalising here, but I often find that people obsess about an issue and very clearly want to be given the answer, but our responsibility is to give them the answer that is helpful. That might not be the strictly "true" answer that the mind will logically identify, although that does not either mean that we should lie. (This is the problem with binary thinking, which I try very hard to avoid). We cannot assume a dispassionate and objective reaction to the bare-faced truth, so even if somebody claims to want to know this answer we cannot say (and moat especially without being face to face with that person) whether their reaction to the answer is going to be good for their state of mind.

I think this is where astrology actually becomes counselling, so whilst your astrological logic is eminently sound, I would only question the methodology from a counselling perspective.

*BUT* I certainly meant no disrespect, because I am sure there was no intention to treat roughly this persons sensibilities; and I know that 90% of people on these forums are only trying to help (but you know what they say about the road to hell? :))