Ways to heal Chiron wounds

pwadm

Staff member
Hi people

As Mercury is now in trine with Chiron for quite some time, I thought it'd be a good time to ask about this topic: what do you do about the Chiron wounds, how do you go healing them, are there specific techniques, say directed prayers or meditations?

Thanks.

flea

Interesting Question,

Chiron wound needs to be indentified. Most people cover and hide the wound very well so they are not aware of it. My experience is that when you know the issue, and have an intennt to clear and heal it.....all done. The long road to finding that place that you dont want to touch is the hardest and needs the most compassion and security, to ensure your self entity does not splinter from hurt and realisation in the process therefore creating other wounds.

Mercury now trine would help the revelation I suppose, time to retreat and contemplate the cave of the mind.

To get to those places I use a kinesiologist and support from things like art and flower essences etc among other things as I feel I need them.

Love Light Flea

EJ53

Banned
Hi Radu,

Given the recentness of this planets introduction to astrology, I guess the best we can do on this at the moment is to "fly a few kites" and see where that takes us.

For me, Chiron seems to present individuals with the tasks of recognising, understanding and learning to live with/accept their own unique wound - which can never be healed completely. In general terms, each wound can be recognised by the Chiron sign and the house shows where it impacts most in life. But, that only points the individual in the direction of his/her search to discover the specific way(s) in which it affects/influences them - possibly shown in detail by other features of the birthchart. So the healing process is in the search for self-understanding (in relation to the wound) - and, through achieving the latter, we can become "Chiron healers" ourselves.

As such, this seems to be a planet that may de-skill astrology - making it relatively straightforward for the "uninitiated" to understand/work with the key psychological issue in their chart/personality. But, I'm drifting off-topic here.

EDIT

I agree with Flea's comment - posted whilst I was drafting mine.

Also, as I've pointed out in other threads, pluto has for some time now been dancing over a point that is semi-sextile/sextile the Forum Capriciorn chiron/Aquarius sun - providing opportunities for members to heal its inherent wound. So, for the benefit of anyone interested in doing that, chiron in Capricorn points to a deep-seated "fear of not being heard by those in authority" - which all members have to recognise in themselves/others and learn to live with/accept. (Preachy - but valid nevertheless.)

EJ:)

Last edited:

Jeremy

EJ is for me the top Chironologist on this board and has motivated me to look further into the Chrion topic. I have since read Melanie Reinhart's pioneering work on the asteroid and more recently Martin Lass' work on Chiron too. I now have a copy of Barbara Hand Clow's work on the subject also which is conisidered to be the best of the three (quite possibly - I'll let you know).

EJ's remark about Chiron 'de-skilling' astrology is right on the money by the way; it's a get out of jail free card during consultations for sure :) but I would qualify that by saying it doesn't seem to work until the client has experienced their half-return.

I have been developing my own feeling about the subject of Chiron over this time; and (for what it's worth) it seems to represent an opportunity. I say this because whilst it may well be true that we cannot heal the Chiron wound directly, I think we can transmute it by learning to heal others according to the quality of the Chiron placement. I am frequently counselling those with say Chiron in Taurus who may have body-image and food issues, to think about how they might counsel others with the same problems; this appears to be an extremely effective way of bringing the Chiron wound into the light because invariably they discover that they have real wisdom on the subject which they only become aware of when they are hypothesising about how they would counsel somebody with say, an eating disorder.

This leads me to suspect that the Chiron placement is almost a directive to "heal others or require healing yourself". Logical I think you'll agree considering this insight.

I found that after EJ opened my eyes objectively to the nature of my own Chiron placement that I have been able to really help others with a failing sense of the numinous and divine (Chiron in Pisces).

As for Chiron in Capricorn, one interpretation of that particular placement according to Lass is a wound of being igonored or not taken seriously; seems pretty apt for this forum wouldn't you say? :D

Last edited:

flea

Jeremy,

I like what you say about the capricorn interpretation, I can see the not being taken seriously can hurt big time. I wonder if we will be seeing any stories in the media regarding such wounds.

I am not sure what EJ means by deskilling astrology... is that where the client can really see their own wound and so can counsell themselves to a degree??

Would be cool to have a thread about chiron placements. I kind of think Pisces could also be about a sense of individuality that is lost, being more aware of and part of the continuum. I always had a faith in something bigger, just not able to identify that with human organisations. I was fine when I went my own path, yet still struggle with individuality and a sense of self?

Love Light Flea

Jeremy

My feeling is with Pisces that Chiron speaks to a loss of faith, this is usually exposed through issues with victimisation, in turn leading to a "why me?" moment which itself opens the pathway to healing through really exploring "actually, good question: why me?" We transform ourselves from being a random victim of blind happenstance into an integral part of a greater and transcendant scheme. Thus it defies logic, defies a breaking down type of understanding (as with the polarity of Virgo).

For you, there is something of that loss of faith connected with the parental axis, something to do with your father being the trigger for a spiritual crisis (maybe the mother of course, 10th/4th conundrum), possibly through being disinterested in you, possibly because he was more interested in his other children or too tied up with his career. Actually, both of these themes seem to be true. Possibly he had an extra-marital affair that was very upsetting for you and caused you to reassess your faith in the benefic nature of the Universe.

Possibly :) I hate trying to interpret things for other astrologers, because just by dint of being an astrologer, a person tends to be slightly more evolved than the run-of-the-mill type, but I am sure you understand that already.

pwadm

Staff member
As EJ said, I find the process of self-understanding my personal Chiron wound quite difficult. This is because I'm constantly using an approach based on other people's patterns of dealing with that topic. I haven't found my own yet.

This is why I was particularly inspired by Jeremy's comment:

Jeremy said:
I am frequently counselling [...] to think about how they might counsel others with the same problems; this appears to be an extremely effective way of bringing the Chiron wound into the light because invariably they discover that they have real wisdom on the subject which they only become aware of when they are hypothesising about how they would counsel somebody

A perfect meditation topic!

Off meditating...

meditating.jpg

Julie

Banned
I am not sure I will ever really get the meaning of my Chiron in Taurus/9th. Although with readings I have got from different forums. Everyone thinks I would do well being a teacher to young people. I can't even teach myself never mind the little one's :rolleyes: . Probably has a lot to do with my Venus/Jupiter 5th/11th axis, yet Chiron squares my Jupiter in 11th. I think there is a wound about a lot of things in life. Chiron is often a hard won wisdom.

In Anguish the centaur seeks to pull the arrow from his thigh. But all his instinctive skill and knowledge cannot take away the pain he suffers, nor heal the wound of it's corrosive poison. Yet despite the darkness which surrounds him, the light of the Sun illuminating with merciless clarity that implacable unfairness of life which constitutes the true nature of his hurt - can draw forth wisdom and compassion to render bearable that which cannot be changed. ~ Liz Greene.

flea

Jeremy,

I know what you mean..... insights from others always help you see things from different persepctives. I am very aware of my child wounds, done heaps of family focused healing/investigation. I yes there was a huge division between me and both my parents that has closed over the last few years. I suppose astrology illustrates the gulf... they dont get it, ridicule it even or show a fear. So the lack of interest derives in part from me having different aims ideas thoughts etc that are naturally not received by them. As a child that is a hugely defeating experience just as you are starting to form your own just formed gooey perceptions of life yourself.

So mypotential gift of chiron maybe an understanding the imperceptible wounds a child experiences so deeply yet is of no concern to the parents because it is beyond their ken is some way. A child does not need to hear right or wrong, just listened to, and attended to, as the self learns in its own sweet way. It was neither strong father or mother incident, just lots of little things... and it was the littleness of the things that was significant, and deep. Career and affairs would be the obvious ones, but neither touched me, I suppose it was the ordinariness of events that made them so wounding.....

So that brings me back to the wounding of self..... At the same time I was designed to be perceptive to these occurances, other people it may not have touched at all....

Love Light Flea

tsquare

I don't know if it's better to dig for this bugger in a chart, or through simply working with recalls of ones past, starting there instead....
If one uses the chart I have had the theory that mabie the first chiron oppositon may show some insight into the first this life moment of the deep wound that may repeat itself as it roles along the chart, showing up specifically in squares, mabie easy times durring trines.
Mabie by checking out that specific aspect, then by a loose form of date and locate through concious recall....
There is also the problem of this being a deep wound, so I imagine layers of dub in...inactual copies of the asctual incident..it is hard to get accurate copies of traumas.....at least at a first pass and it can be vey painfull....
But I would say confronting the first moment of the wound would either cool this wound off or handle it for eternity.......yet is one ready for that?
THe mind tends to block out that which one can't handle, as a form of protection, yet sometimes it does too good a job.

The thing that bothers me about chiron is that, NOBODY, can help others in an area that they canot help themselves in....it is a bit like learning from a failure...what good does it do? THere is the old saying, those that teach can't do...that isn't always true, yet it seems the true experts would rather be doing then teaching unless they feel a real need to spread information and knowledge for the pure sake of the subject matter, to make a difference....

It seems to be similar to an unconfronted personal aspect of life, in which one seeks to escape the wound and having experienced it, while extroverting it on those that have a similar, even if they may have similar, "saving" them from the trouble that "they" have had, when it is really the trouble one has had theirself.
With chiron it seems that helping others is an escape from dealing with personal issues, that were painfull enough to throw one out of ones own identity and path......

Trouble is, the word heal, it means finished, done, for eternity, cleared up....not a cover up of symptoms........We can save the world or others from things that have happened to us in the past, a survivng victim may make it their duty to save other to be victims, yet do they ever get over the wounding incident and live their lives again, without that sense of duty...? It is in a way selfish, and caused by not healing ones own wound, because it is, "unhealable"...and if so it may be very very deep wound..
Can we really learn to help ourselves, in a specific area, by first helping others, in that area, which we canot actually do very well ourselves?
Or is this simply the cause of a trama?

The above is speculation of course......and I feel a bit off of it....
Tsquare

Nexus7

I am stilkl trying to get a sense for Chiron too, here were endless arguments on one forum I know where it was questioned whether or not it really was as much about self-wounding as has so far been claimed. It was suggested that it was more to do with where we sabotage ourselves.

It made its second and last pass to my Moon recently and not I have had the Chiron return. Good okld Liz Greene linka it to the change of life, and I hope, not just yet, anyway, it has fallen a couple of years shy of the prescribed one and fifty.

Maybe my Chironic placement does insure against follow any particualr party line 100%. That is what occurs me now, there were expereinces that look place that certainly did, well, reopne old wounds from the point of view of getting caught up in internet politics, elsewhere.

flea

I think of chiron as interactive and fluid.... You work with your stuff.... or you do in my case.....experiencing self good and bad, this time and not... etc etc etc. It is not prescriptive... so as always the 100% party line obscures the details and only focuses on a particular result. It is a boundless story that we unfound ourselves, and chiron and its pattern in the chart can only guide what we are open to and ready to deal with.

Love Light Flea

EJ53

Banned
flea said:
I wonder if we will be seeing any stories in the media regarding such wounds.

Here in the UK, Hauliers blocked motorways last week with a mass "slow drive" to London to protest (yet again) that the government is refusing to take seriously their complaints about rising fuel prices threatening to bankrupt their businesses.

Flea said:
I am not sure what EJ means by deskilling astrology... is that where the client can really see their own wound and so can counsell themselves to a degree?

Chiron is said to be a "bridge between Saturn/Uranus/Jupiter" because of it's orbit path - but a bridge to what? I'm speculating that (using the grounded/earthed wisdom of jupiter) Chiron will bridge the restricted (saturn) view of astrology (uranus) - making it available to the masses (uranus) rather than the indoctrinated (saturn).

As an example, it took me over 15 years to learn from my chart that the source of my problems in life is a "deep-seated fear of being manipulated by others" - only to find out about six months ago that this accurately describes my Chiron placement in Scorpio/3rd house. Had I read that (and been ready to face it) 15 years ago, the underlying detailed astrological problems in my chart would have become clear to me almost immediately - because they are merely symptoms/effects of that one underlying cause.

Flea said:
Would be cool to have a thread about chiron placements.
It would.

Flea said:
I kind of think Pisces could also be about a sense of individuality that is lost, being more aware of and part of the continuum. I always had a faith in something bigger, just not able to identify that with human organisations. I was fine when I went my own path, yet still struggle with individuality and a sense of self?

This is why I think Chiron is about "individuals" working on their own unique wounds. Generally, Chiron in Pisces can be about anything associated with that sign - victimisation, fear of being hurt, loss of faith, etc. So, only the individual can know what it means for them specifically - but, astrologically, they now have fewer places to look for the root cause of their problems. And, my guess is that people will soon be discussing their respective "chiron wound" signs as readily as they now do with "sun signs".

Speculating rather than campaigning for padded walls at home.

Last edited:

tsquare

If you want to teach someone a subject you do not know yourself, let him measure the length of some object unknown to you, and he will learn the measure you did not know before.- Leonardo Da iVinci

blueheron

Radu said:
As EJ said, I find the process of self-understanding my personal Chiron wound quite difficult. This is because I'm constantly using an approach based on other people's patterns of dealing with that topic. I haven't found my own yet.

This is why I was particularly inspired by Jeremy's comment:

A perfect meditation topic!

Off meditating...

meditating.jpg

My chiron is conjunct my Jupiter in Libra (1st house.) And my relationship problems have only strengthened me. Each one seemed karmic, and though the romantic tragedy thing did occur, in some Right Action uncanny way, each one greatly illumined me further on my path.

serenitycandleprayer.gif

EJ53

Banned
Jeremy said:
As for Chiron in Capricorn, one interpretation of that particular placement according to Lass is a wound of being igonored or not taken seriously

Jeremy
I'm using Lass too and suspect the semantics here may be important. He seems to invariably refer to chiron wounds as creating feelings/fears. So, the wound quoted above is one of "feeling ignored or not taken seriously."

This seems pedantic, but my view is that all psychological/chiron wounds stem not from what happens to us but from how we felt at the time or fear will happen in the future. For example, as Flea states, what "wounded" her might have gone unnoticed by a less sensitive child. So, the key to "healing" is confronting our "feelings and fears". How they originated might not even need to be addressed, thereby enabling us to avoid re-opening wounds/memories that we might never be ready to face.

Julie said:
I am not sure I will ever really get the meaning of my Chiron in Taurus/9th...... Probably has a lot to do with my Venus/Jupiter 5th/11th axis, yet Chiron squares my Jupiter in 11th.

Julie

You probably know this already but my view is :-

According to Lass, Chiron in Taurus/9th creates feelings of insecurity that affect how you conduct your 9th house affairs. But only you will ever know what that means (assuming you tell no-one) - because it cannot be ascertained from the chart alone (as others have pointed out).

The Venus/Jupiter/Chiron T-Square will reveal how the wound is affecting you, but not what it is. You can resolve the problems of Venus/Jupiter by changing the "undesirable" behaviour patterns - but, the Chiron wound can only be eased by confronting the hidden feelings/fears/insecurities which are the cause of those patterns.

EJ53

Banned
flea said:
..... insights from others always help you see things from different persepctives...so mypotential gift of chiron maybe an understanding the imperceptible wounds a child experiences so deeply yet is of no concern to the parents because it is beyond their ken is some way.....

Flea
Maybe your chiron gift is to provide the insights that help others to see things differently? Learning to do so without self-consciousness then becomes the purpose of the childhood trauma; constantly having those insights explains the pluto/uranus focus (and chiron tail) in your natal chart and relating to a wide spectum of people/others clarifies why (natally) seven of your planets contact chiron. My guess is that not confronting the chiron wound was never an option for you - it's a "calling".

And who knows what happens when progressed/transitting planets pass through 17-21 degrees of Taurus - setting off the incomplete natal hexagon formed by chiron/mars/neptune/uranus+pluto/moon?

Last edited:

Jeremy

EJ53 said:
This seems pedantic, but my view is that all psychological/chiron wounds stem not from what happens to us but from how we felt at the time or fear will happen in the future.

Have no fear: Ur/Pl rising in Virgo; I have no fear of pedanticism :) Actually this is the great marvel of the subjectivity/objectivity paradigm of astrology and illustrates it very well.

Now speaking of Lass; I found the book to be very difficult reading; I am considered to be reasonably clever (despite my Neptune in the 3rd - I learn by absorption) but I had to really muster my focus to make sense of it. I think it was the style, rather than the content (what is that? style under content?) I also read Melanie Reinhart and found that to be (often) plain wrong. It was early for the subject though, but I really felt that she was just trying to underwrite her own erudition. Now I am onto Babara Hand-Clow and I am finding it so much easier going. I must recommend it.

I am working with a very interesting case just now of a Sa/Ch square, actually Sa is t-squared in Leo/6th from a Ur/Ch opposition. This suggests a big problem with the father which is borne out by Sun conjunct Venus. Isn't it the case that this is often found in parent-child relationships where the father turns into a big disappointment? I have seen it a few times. I have asked my client about this and she is composing her thoughts as I write this - so you can read something into that for sure :eek:

The only other Sun aspect is a tight square to Pluto which crossed natal Moon by solar arc at age 23. I am intrigued to hear the story but the point for me is the configuration of Saturn with Chiron, which indicates wounds incurred from the father, but evidently with Chiron it is just about as subjective as it gets, as you say.

I am rambling :) but I do have a point in here somewhere. Hand Clow talks about Chiron representing the alchemical transmutation of Saturn to Uranus (base metal to gold, suffering to emancipation, rigidity to freedom and so forth) and actually it is fascinating to me how important Chiron is suddenly becoming. Buzz-phrases like "paradigm-shift" are making their way into language with bizarre frequency, but it all started when I was studying Java programming at college 15 years ago and my lecturer's couldn't go a single lecture without mentioning the paradigm shift between procedural and object-oriented languages. Now paradigm shifts are everywhere and nowhere more so than in the internal debate raging in us all about the transmutation of base metal into gold (or money into true wealth, materialism to spiritualism, whatever). This is the vibration of Chirotic energy in the world surely?

I am going to digress just a second because this for me has an application to the argument between traditionalists and moderns in astrology: namely that the evolvement of consciousness shrugs off the limitations of static rulerships; we have known that Uranian forces are at work but we call them generational because it takes an improbable leap to straddle the alchemical divide, it is too far to go, so traditional rulerships are enough, but then along comes Chiron and we can bridge the gap and personalise Uranus at last.

I am growing dissatisfied with some dogma regarding Chiron; not least because it is such a new study and even the experts seem confused quite often. If Chirotic energy is so new then it is a new skill to work with it for sure, who is to say that utterly untypical responses are not possible? I am not convinced that we cannot heal Chirotic wounds, maybe it is tied up in the concept of healing because we can always heal more.

I would liken this to my understanding of solar force in the nativity: if you are a Scorpio, you can never be powerful or controlled enough. If you are Leo you cannot ever be powerful and magnanimous enough, even if you are King Arthur, you could still improve you will think, in your kingly majesty.

I think the key message of Chiron is "heal or require healing." This presents us with a stark choice to either become a healer or become ill. Actually Chiron himself did heal, by the selfless act of sacrificing his greatest gift to ease the suffering of Prometheus. Actually even this is slightly misleading because it was not actually selfless; he was miserable living in pain this way.

So we all are. We are miserable living our selfish, grasping lives, and then we make a paradigm shift and by giving up our time and energy to the objective of healing others (without thought of material reward), we realise the great leap in consciousness that bridges the yawing chasm between Saturn and Uranus (and maybe beyond).

That's my view, but I am still working on it :)

EJ53

Banned
Tsquare

tsquare said:
I don't know if it's better to dig for this bugger in a chart, or through simply working with recalls of ones past, starting there instead....

I like this very apt spelling of chiron - and agree that "healing" the wound requires recall/confrontation of the past. But, I have a feeling that "easing" the wound might be enough - by accepting/addressing its effects in the present rather than its cause(s) in the past. Maybe this is a wound that we shouldn't even try to heal - maybe the message is "you are who you are - so, live with it".

If one uses the chart I have had the theory that mabie the first chiron oppositon may show some insight into the first this life moment of the deep wound that may repeat itself as it roles along the chart, showing up specifically in squares, mabie easy times durring trines.
Mabie by checking out that specific aspect, then by a loose form of date and locate through concious recall....

You've really hit on something with this! As suggested, I checked on my chiron half-return, and the memory bank reminded me instantly that this was the most soul-searching time of my life :-

According to Martin Lass, my Scorpio/3rd chiron wound creates a "feeling that the world is against us, that others seek to bring us down, that others may be plotting against us, and/or that others manipulate us and/or undermine us". And at the chiron return, I was threatening to become a "whistle-blower" unless a UK professional body changed the first/most important rule in their Code of Ethics. Anyone who is/has been a member of such an institution will understand just how isolated/manipulated/undermined that made me feel at the time - but, suffice to say, pray it never happens to you or anyone you care about. (The rule was changed but, in the circumstances, I could no longer remain in that profession - so "well done you then" said my wife/children.)

There is also the problem of this being a deep wound....it can be vey painfull....But I would say confronting the first moment of the wound would either cool this wound off or handle it for eternity.......yet is one ready for that?

My wound stems from being manipulated by my mother from as far back as I can remember...........I was able to confront it only after her death, when I was 45 years old.........and it still hurts now, at the age of 60.

....it is a bit like learning from a failure...what good does it do?

There is a rare breed that learns from the mistakes of others......and I've been an excellent source of material for some of them.

But, you're referring here to those who fail to confront rather than those who make mistakes whilst doing so..........so perhaps the lesson there is that we should confront.

It seems to be similar to an unconfronted personal aspect of life, in which one seeks to escape the wound and having experienced it, while extroverting it on those that have a similar, even if they may have similar, "saving" them from the trouble that "they" have had, when it is really the trouble one has had theirself.
With chiron it seems that helping others is an escape from dealing with personal issues, that were painfull enough to throw one out of ones own identity and path......

Every chiron wound seems to be unique/personal and probably has to be confronted "alone" - perhaps eventually removing entirely the role of third party support mechanisms, such as astrologers and psychologists.

Trouble is, the word heal, it means finished, done, for eternity, cleared up....not a cover up of symptoms........

I have a problem with this too - it's the wrong word (and therefore may be sending us in the wrong direction). In mythology, the pain of chiron's wound stopped only when he died/gave up his immortality - until then, he showed people that it is possible to be in great pain ourselves yet be concerned only with helping others. So, is Chiron about healing or about helping/easing the pain of others without any thought for ourselves?

The above is speculation of course

And it may be some time before we can do anything other than that.

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Chiron wounds,
Hell it has been awful. I have become so verbally nasty, I am telling people off left and right- only to feel really good about giving it to them. I then feel badly after the incident and apologize, I feel better afterwards, but I know it is unhealthy.
Chiron is opposing my mars too, I have been short tempered lately and I have been releasing this energy by running, working out and remembering to take my time.