Are Parents & Children connected...

aquarius7000

...through Sun signs / Ascendants / 10 th house (MC) / 4th house (IC) ?
Other connections may include Stelliums in common houses; chart shapes like Grand trines or crosses / T-squares / Yod etc.

Thanks for your views on this :)
//aquarius7000

Last edited:

jupiter

aquarius7000 said:
...through Sun signs / Ascendants / 10 th house (MC) / 4th house (IC) ?

Thanks for your views on this :)

Hi
Yes I believe that all members of a family are connected astrologicaly, especially parents and children. The Asc of the children are obviously connected to the Sun signs or moon signs or other sensitive chart points of their parents.
But also there are specific areaw activated- specific degrees and signs in the zodiac- either by conjunction or by opposition. Search for yourself and you'll see.

aquarius7000

jupiter said:
Hi
Yes I believe that all members of a family are connected astrologicaly, especially parents and children. The Asc of the children are obviously connected to the Sun signs or moon signs or other sensitive chart points of their parents.
But also there are specific areaw activated- specific degrees and signs in the zodiac- either by conjunction or by opposition. Search for yourself and you'll see.
You might be quite right.
I've always asked myself this question.

To support this theory with some exmaples:
My mum's Sun is in Leo & I am Leo Rising; again my mum is Aquarius Rising and my Sun is Aquariuan.
My dad's Sun is Taurus and my MC (10th house) is in Taurus
My dad's Rising is Saggitarius and my IC (4th house) is in Saggi

Strange, isn't it!!
aquarius7000

pwadm

Staff member
I have found in my family no correlations that could be a rule, other than this one: similar to the vertical transmission of genes from parents to children, there is a transmission of astrological aspects.

Personally I could not relate to the children - parents Sun/Moon connection ASC theory, but this could be the exception. There is no way to prove the existance of this correlation other than by means of statistics, which could highlight a scientifically (statistically) significative difference in this regard.

aquarius7000

Radu said:
I have found in my family no correlations that could be a rule, other than this one: similar to the vertical transmission of genes from parents to children, there is a transmission of astrological aspects.

Personally I could not relate to the children - parents Sun/Moon connection ASC theory, but this could be the exception. There is no way to prove the existance of this correlation other than by means of statistics, which could highlight a scientifically (statistically) significative difference in this regard.
Vedic astrology is said to include Family Astrology readings, which can illuminate the parent-child astrology factors. There are said to be clear connections and indicators in intra-family birth charts. Don't know how true this is though?
Haven't found any more info on this yet, but will post, if I do.
Anyone with any clues, please do post. Thanks :)

In general, in an individual's chart the Moon is said to represent the mother, and the Sun the father (& for some Saturn-authority figure).
A Capri Moon for e.g. is said to indicate a strict, disciplined & sometimes also a lonely mother.

Aquarius7000

Arian Maverick

This is a topic that has interested me as well, but like Radu, I haven't yet found any "rules" and am somewhat doubtful that such clear-cut rules exist.

However, I certainly believe that it is possible and have witnessed certain occassions in which members of a family share Sun/Moon/Ascendant connections such as aquarius has described.

In general, in an individual's chart the Moon is said to represent the mother, and the Sun the father (& for some Saturn-authority figure).
A Capri Moon for e.g. is said to indicate a strict, disciplined & sometimes also a lonely mother.

My paternal grandmother, for example, has a Capricorn Sun and my father has a Capricorn Moon, this description certainly fits the bill in his case. However, my brother also seems to have "inherited" my father's Capricorn Moon, and our mother is not of this nature at all.

However, my brother's Capricorn Moon is modified by a tight conjunction with an exalted Mars in Capricorn, which gives him the affect of a Mars-ruled Moon. I too have a Mars-ruled Moon in Aries, although I do not believe my natal Moon aspect Mars.

Another example of astrological "inheritance" I have noticed--at least in my family--is with astrological configurations, particularly the yod aspect. I know that the yod is not a particularly rare configuration, but neither is it particularly common to my knowledge, so I find it unusual that my father, my brother, and I should all have at least one yod aspect in our natal chart with the same popular Neptune-Pluto sextile base. My father's apex planet is the Sun, my brother's apex planet is Venus, and my apex planet is Mars; we just need to find another family member with a Moon or Mercury apex, and we'd have all the inner planets covered! :D

Unfortunately, I do not have an exact time of birth for either my mother or my father, so I am unable to confirm the Sun/Moon/Ascendant connection. I believe that many other families have this problem as well, which is one of the reasons why I have had difficulty exploring this further.

I look forward to seeing more examples ;)

Arian Maverick

jupiter

HI,
YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE CORRELATIONS OF ASPECTS RADU, BUT IS STH MORE THAN THAT IN THE CHARTS OF FAMILY MEMBERS NOT ONLY PARENTS -CHILDREN
YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT HOW CAN THE MOON -SUN OR LORD OF 4TH -10TH IN A NATAL CHART INDICATE FEATURES OF OUR PARENTS OR OUR RELATIONSHIP TO THEM ETC BUT IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN YOUR QUESTION WAS SOMEHOW DIFFERENT.

HOW ABOUT MEMBERS OF A FAMILY LIVING TOGETHER (OR NOT) BLOOD RELATED TO EACH OTHER, SHARING THE SAME GENES OR EVEN ADOPTED CHILDREN NOT SHARE AT LEAST NOT ESPECIALLY THE SUN-MOON - ASC BUT SENSITIVE AREAS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE NATALS

I MEAN I HAVE OFTEN SEEN IN NATALS LINKS BETWEEN THE MOON NODES AND PLANETS OR SHARING THE SAME 0R OPPOSITE SIGNS -DEGREES OF IMPORTANT PLANETS OR MORE PERSONAL ONES.

IF THAT'S NOT THE CASE WITH YOU (I DOUBT IT) HOW ABOUT A RESEARCH IN OTHER FAMILIES EVEN CELEBRITIES CHARTS.

IT'S JUST A SYNASTRY RULE .

EVENMORE ITS A LOGICAL RULE

THEY SHARE THE SAME EXPERIENCE , DEATHS IN THE FAMILY, WEDDINGS AND OTHER HAPPY OCCASIONS ETC.-SO BY TRANSITS- THEY SHOULD BE SENSITIVE MORE OR LESS TO THE SAME INFLUENCES.

NEVERTHELESS, I'VE SEEN IT WORK A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

jupiter

Radu said:

HI TO ALL,

IT'S NOT A MATTER OF SUN/MOON/ASC ONLY- ALTHOUGH MOST OF THE TIMES WORKS LIKE THAT EVEN BETWEEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR COUPLES, AS I ALREADY MENTIONED IT IS A SYNASTRY RULE.

IT IS FAR MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT.

LOOK NOT ONLY ABOUT ASPECTS REPEATING THEMSELVES BETWEEN GENERATIONS BUT ALSO AS I SAID, THE SAME DEGREES BEING ACTIVATED.

MC-IC CONTACTS WITH PLANETS OF THE OTHER FAMILY MEMBER.

EARLY DEGREES OF CARDINALS OR THE 15-19 FOR INSTANCE OF FIXED SIGNS BEING ACTIVATED ETC.. MOST OF THE TIMES WE SEE IT ON THE SAME SIGNS OR THE OPPOSITES ONES

aquarius7000

jupiter said:
I MEAN I HAVE OFTEN SEEN IN NATALS LINKS BETWEEN THE MOON NODES AND PLANETS OR SHARING THE SAME 0R OPPOSITE SIGNS -DEGREES OF IMPORTANT PLANETS OR MORE PERSONAL ONES.

IF THAT'S NOT THE CASE WITH YOU (I DOUBT IT) HOW ABOUT A RESEARCH IN OTHER FAMILIES EVEN CELEBRITIES CHARTS.

IT'S JUST A SYNASTRY RULE .

EVENMORE ITS A LOGICAL RULE

THEY SHARE THE SAME EXPERIENCE , DEATHS IN THE FAMILY, WEDDINGS AND OTHER HAPPY OCCASIONS ETC.-SO BY TRANSITS- THEY SHOULD BE SENSITIVE MORE OR LESS TO THE SAME INFLUENCES.

NEVERTHELESS, I'VE SEEN IT WORK A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't give a precise response/reasoning to the above, but what comes to my mind in this context is Moon Nodes and their connection to Karma - it is said that, if the Moon Node/Pluto/Saturn of one is conjunct (or sometimes has an uneasy aspect) to either of these of the other in the in the Synastry (of any two persons), then again the connetion in question could be more explainable.
It is a very complicated subject, I agree :eek:

AineB

Oh geez.. where to start?! LOL!

My hubby and his mom both have their moons in the 5th; his in Taurus, hers in Scorp. His Asc is Sag, hers is Gemini.

I'm a Cancer with Leo Rising. My daughter is a Leo with Pisces Rising. My son is an Aries with Cancer Rising. Me and my daughter both have our moons in Aquarius; mine 6H, hers 12H.

Now as far as looking at someone non-related... I must say my best friend and I are pretty similar. She's a Virgo with Leo Rising. We both have Jupiter in Cancer 11H. She's also got her Moon in Aries, same as my son.

I can run round and round the charts between me, my fam, and immediate friends (ones I've been friends with 10+ years) and see all sorts of connections!! It gets a little freaky at times... LOL!

blennus

I have an extreme example for you. Check out my chart and my father's chart.

Mine: February 6th 1979, 6:24 PM, Salt Lake City, Utah
His: December 1st 1949, 0:01 AM, Spanish Fork, Utah

We both have the same kite, with the same planets involved. Mercury trine Moon trine Pluto. Neptune opposite Moon and sextile pluto and Mercury. Not only that, but both our kites are masculine in polarity.

We also share the following aspects:
Sun Conjunct Mercury.
Sun semi-square Venus.
Suns Conjunct one of the Angles and square the other. (My sun is conjunct the Descendant and Square the MC/IC, his sun isn conjunct his IC and square his Ascendant/Descendant)

We also share the following planets in signs (and/or House):

Venus in Capricorn in the 5th house
Saturn in Virgo in the 1st house
Part of Fortune in Aries

As you can see this is definitely not mere coincidence. The similarities are far too numerous for it to be mere happenstance. Not that they help our relationship (or lack thereof) any.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

blennus said:
I have an extreme example for you. Check out my chart and my father's chart.

Mine: February 6th 1979, 6:24 PM, Salt Lake City, Utah
His: December 1st 1949, 0:01 AM, Spanish Fork, Utah

We both have the same kite, with the same planets involved. Mercury trine Moon trine Pluto. Neptune opposite Moon and sextile pluto and Mercury. Not only that, but both our kites are masculine in polarity.

We also share the following aspects:
Sun Conjunct Mercury.
Sun semi-square Venus.
Suns Conjunct one of the Angles and square the other. (My sun is conjunct the Descendant and Square the MC/IC, his sun isn conjunct his IC and square his Ascendant/Descendant)

We also share the following planets in signs (and/or House):

Venus in Capricorn in the 5th house
Saturn in Virgo in the 1st house
Path of Fortune in Aries

As you can see this is definitely not mere coincidence. The similarities are far too numerous for it to be mere happenstance. Not that they help our relationship (or lack thereof) any.
Hi Blennus,
Yes, this indeed is mind-boggling, never seen anything like this before.
Also, look at both your Jupiters a) both are unaspected by any major planets
b) Your Jup is in Leo, and your dad's in Leo's domicile, 5th house
Though pts. a&b are nothing uncommon, but in the face of your post, thought this just adds weight to the similarities :)

blennus

True, though I my Jupiter is inconjunct Venus, so I didn't consider that unaspected. However if you discount the minor aspects then yes they are both unaspected. The Jupiter in Leo/5th house connection I missed though. Interesting. More and more similarities seem to crop up.

blennus

Also I just noticed that both my father and I only have one planet in water signs, Uranus. Both of us have a serious dearth of water in our charts.

Anyways as for others, sometimes in certain cases I see that people's charts have a stronger resemblance to their grandparent's charts rather than their parents, so that is another thing to consider.

Mmmh, I checked my family's charts for this, and, at least in our family, very very connected and with similar things everywhere:

mom: sun in pisces, aqua ASC, moon in scorpio, taurus IC
brother: sun in scorpio, aqua moon, taurus ASC (... yes, all fixed >.>)
me: sun in capricorn, taurus moon, venus in aqua, gemini ASC
dad: sun in pisces, capricorn ASC (can´t remember his moon now)

Both my brother and I have moon close or in the 10th house (he has it at the very end of the 9th house), and sun and merc in the 7th. I have half of my dad's aspects, my brother has my mom's.

My mom's moon in scorpio matches her mother´s (a libra) scorpio-strong chart, with also a moon in the 10th

it seems my family has a thing with 10th house moons XD

Neptune Rising

My Mum and I have Jupiter conjunct South Node each way (also by 3 degrees each way). Her South Node conjunct my Jupiter in Pisces.

And Mum's Lilith is conjunct my South Node in Gemini. My Dad has his Saturn conjunct my South Node, so those look like a connection with the past.

My Mum has Venus in Aquarius, so does his current wife, and me, we all have Venus in Aqua. I can understand him attracting Venus in Aqua women, but me having it too - coincidence?

NR

chanel

i have loved reading this discussion in here. i've always wondered about this because i am very different from my parents--i resemble my mom a fair bit, but only in appearance. it's weird.

blueheron

aquarius7000 said:
Vedic astrology is said to include Family Astrology readings, which can illuminate the parent-child astrology factors. There are said to be clear connections and indicators in intra-family birth charts. Don't know how true this is though?Aquarius7000

Yes, it's true. From the "rasi" (the vedic nativity), one can see the mother, the father, the spouse, the 1st born, the 2nd born, the eldest sibling, the maternal grandmother, paternal grandmother, uncle, etc. It's quite amazing.

surprise.gif

Lissa

Thank you Aquarius7000 for bringing this thread to my atention:) This is a discussion that fascinates me.The connections in my family are fasciniting(or atleast I find them so!;) ).My mom has passed her high nervous energy onto us,while at the same time my sibling's chart and mine reflect the conditions of our birth.Both me and my sister were wanted children,and we were both extremly screaming children.My brother was well desired and landed on a happy,nurturing home,and he has a dignified Moon in Cancer.

But,let me start introducing you to my family...

I was an unwanted child.At the time of my birth,my mom was20,studying in college,still had the maturity of a16year old.When I was born,doctors discovered she had Lupus.My parents weren't married,only my dad worked.When it was time for my mom to tell her parents she was pregnant,she locked herself in the bathroom crying;it was my dad who gave my grandparent's the big new.I was a very annoying baby,lived as if I had an on/off button:when I was on I was screaming,when I was off I was sleeping.The nurses used to carry me with them to their hang-out room sometimes,when my mom and the other moms in her room needed to sleep and I didn't stop crying.I didn't eat very much(if at all),my mom had her breasts sore all the time because of that.

As a result of that,I have a chart that's bottled with anxious energy.I have Sun/Moon/Mercury in the3rd,a Moon/Mercury conjunction in Aries(I was very independent from a young age,which is deeply related to the fact that I had/have to mother my mom very often)in square to Uranus in Capricorn in house1,plus Mars in Gemini in the6th squaring my3rd house Pisces Sun.A detrimented Venus in Aries tightly conjunct my IC-early home life wasn't harmonious at all.Capricorn rising plus1st house Saturn(Saturn in Aquarius sextile Moon/Mercury)for extra responsability and maturity.

By the time my brother was born,my parents were all set.We had a nice house,my parents had stable jobs,and they really wanted another baby.My mom's Lupus even got better during her pregnancy!My brother was a lovely baby,very beautiful features,very calm,rarely cried.The conditions of his birth are shown by his lovely 10th house Cancer Moon,conjunct his chart ruler,Mercury(he's a Virgo rising).

By the time my mom got pregnant with my sister,our house was in total chaos again.Neither my dad and I wanted a child,I even cried when my mom told me she was pregnant.She has an Aries Moon in square to Venus and Capricorn,11th house and Saturn in Cancer in the6th-feelings of being unwanted and undesired.Still,the pregnancy wasn't a complete disaster,and my little sister at least eated like a normal newborn and behaved like one too.But she has a very harsh temper(she's4years now),throws spectacular tantrums for no specific reason almost everyday!Her Sun/Pluto conjunction has a deep need to be in control,supported by that I want what I want when I want it feeling given by her Aries Moon(which trines her Sun/Pluto conjunction).I have the feeling she will be another psychiatric case when she grows old.

My mom managed to pass her high nervous energy and anxiety problems onto us-she has a4th house Mars in Leo.****,that woman has a temper!:eek: I saw her throw a lot of objects at my dad and insulting him really bad when I was a child.I blame her Mars square Saturn for her poor impulse control.She has two Virgo conjunctions:eek:ne with her Sun/Moon and the other one with her Pluto/retrograde Mercury.Her Virgo energy is clearly reflected in both my chart and my brother's:he has a stellium consisting of Sun/Venus/Mars in Gemini in the9th,opposing a Pluto/Chiron conjunction in the3rd.His anxiety problems only started coming to light when my mom started getting her anxiety problems again,which in turn happened because of my depression.:(

My dad's heritage is quite different.He has Sun/Moon/Mars in Aries.He too has a Moon/Mars conjunction,clearly seen in mine and my sister's Aries Moons and my brother's Sun/Mars conjunction.Both me and my sister are hot tempered and impulsive.With my brother,the Cancer Moon tends to run stronger but once he gets angry he uses words as his weapons.

From all the three,I think I am the one with the 'worst' chart-in terms of anxiety and nervous energy that is,since there is no thing such as good or bad charts.I have a very bubbly,lively chart that makes me very reactive and incredibly in tune to my environment,and I admire the pleasures of simple things(flowers,the countryside,a cup of hot tea...)just like my dad,yet I have the mental complexity of my mom.My brother is very calm and dreamy;he and my mom share a certain indulgence(they both love food lol)(my mom has Venus in Libra by the way).My little sister is very impulsive and needs to always be in control,but when in a good mood she is a very charming,lovely child.She has my dad's bravery and enjoys playing with typical boy toys.

OK,so this is my family,in a nutshell:D To sum things up I guess I could say my dad's Moon/Mars conjunction is showed by my sister's and my Aries Moon,Sun/Mars conjunction in my brother's chart.My mom's Pluto/Mercury turned into Sun/Venus/Mars opposite Pluto in my brother's chart,Sun/Pluto for my sister and probably Sun trine Pluto for me.

And if you read through all this,you get a cookie:D