Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Astrology in the Aquarian Age

Astrology in the Aquarian Age A place for all those interested in how the ongoning energy shifts taking place on the Earth plane will affect astrology The purpose of this forum is to explore how astrology might incorporate the new dimensional and multiversal energies that are being integrated by lightworkers and spiritual beings on the Earth plane.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:45 AM

So what do you think of the age of Capricorn?

I think I might have to write a novel or few about the coming times. Hmmmm?

Advertisements:
Old 12-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Banned

Re: So what do you think of the age of Capricorn?

And when do you suppose the age of capricorn is going to happen?

do the ages go backwards? I assume so, from your post?!?.......I reckon we need some visionary books about the age of aquarius, maybe you could write about them. (get this population thinking good, hundredth monkey style!)
capricorn sounds like an age I wont be wishing to hurry up much......from the freedom, will go to order, structure and discipline? ........not looking forward to that.
but hey, thats just my 2cents worth.

Hope

Last edited by Liquid Green; 12-26-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:35 PM

Liquid Green:

Yes, the ages move backwards. Remember the Pisces age with Christianity spreading all over the world and having a fish as its symbol? We might still be in that age since nobody is certain of when the Aquarius era will start. Some think that it started in 2000, some others think it may be on 2012, and yet there are those who think it will start at some point on the next 500 or 600 years. We don't even know for sure how long an era lasts or if they are regular or irregular cycles. We only know that they are twelve and that they mark our development and evolution through the precession of the vernal equinox.

Lupus:

I don't worry about the age of Capricorn when we are barely starting the era of Aquarius. But I guess it will be karma time, a time of adjustment and correcting errors we might have made during the last eras. I think it will be definitely a harvesting time.

Carole
Old 12-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Thanks for you reply Carole,

I must ask , would the ages have something to do with the cycle that the indians refer to as the yurgas......I believe from memory that we are leaving Kali yurga.
That would make some sense, as the yurgas, take close to 26000 years to complete and somewhere i heard that each yurga takes 2000 years.....not sure.
could be totally on the wrong track....my knowledge of vernal equinox's is zilch....
going to look it up though.....................
Old 12-27-2007, 01:06 AM

Some Eastern beliefs share many similarities with Western's. What you are talking about must be the same thing with some slight variations.

Mmmm...the Age of Kali Yurga must be considered the age of destruction as Kali (that four-armed divinity of theirs) is the goddess of death and destruction if I am not wrong. Well, we cannot deny that these last two millennia have been very violent with all the blood shed by the persecution of the Christians to begin with, then the Catholic Church itself with its Inquisition and their witches hunting, the new world discovery, the wars all over the world for different reasons, etc. And we are still witnessing that nowadays.

Carole

Last edited by Carole; 12-27-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Banned

Yes.....I believe it is very similar.....I dont know much about indian philosophy but Kali does represent destruction.....very worth description of our past 2000 years......

I went back to the book i first read about the yugas (i spelt it wrong)......and it is the term the indians use for the processions of the equinoxes.....

I found a link , it is wikipedia , but think they have got it right this time......my timing was totally off though (2,000 years each yuga).....any way, I am threadjacking so heres the link....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga

and off i go!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:05 AM

Kali may represent death but also rebirth. To bring in the new the old has to die. It is about the cycles of life. Kali teaches us to not hold to the past so that we can move forward and let new life begin again.

Death is not ugly but it is an important part of life. Transformation is another way to look at Kali, just one of the many transformations that occurr on the cycle of life.

Kali brings the attention then not to past failure or future fear, but to release that and focus on the precious moment. We can of course have free will as to how our consciousness precieves this moment... good bad or ugly....

Capricorn gives freedom through discipline, and prepares for physcial reality. I think there is a real wisdom of the earth contained in capricorn, the highest mountain the deepest sea. There is incredibly great respect for Gaia in Capricorn.

Love Light Wisdom
Flea
Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned

thankyou for the education Flea......I am a cap, but have yet to see those qualities in myself.....hence my fear of the age of cap.
I hope great things for this planet as i have been doing my bit to save it from destruction.......but i understand the rebirth thing......

really, thanks!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:29 AM

Hmmmm Kali Goddess which I was thinking about is not the Kali of the the Yuga.... deeper down the rabbit hole we wonder....

FleaX
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Banned

they must be connected though i reckon flea......maybe an indian will come along and enlighten us......will ask Mannu next time i see him on.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 AM

apparently the sanskrit words are completely different ...go figure.

But then the enlightened one would say we are all one, but mirrors of ourselves in eachothers eyes.

FleaX
Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 AM

Age of Capricorn will arrive no sooner than 2000 years from now, so your guess is as good as mine. Everyone will wear a spiffy suit?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 AM

"I do not imagine that in my reflections on the meaning of man and his myth I have uttered a final truth, but I think that this is what can be said at the end of our aeon of the Fishes, and perhaps must be said in view of the coming aeon of Aquarius (the Water Bearer), who has a human figure and is next to the sign of the Fishes. This is a coniunctio oppositorum composed of two fishes in reverse. TheWater Bearer seems to represent the self. With a sovereign gesture he pours the contents of his jug into the mouth of Piscis Austrinus, 10 which symbolises a son, a still unconscious content. Out of this unconscious content will emerge, after the passage of another aeon of more than two thousand years, a future whose features are indicated by the symbol of Capricornus:11 an aigokeros, the monstrosity of the Goat-Fish, symbolising the mountain and the depths of the sea, a polarity made up of two undifferentiated animal elements which have been thrown together. This strange being could easily be the primordial image of a Creator-god confronting "man," the Anthropos. On this question there is a silence within me, as there is in the empirical data at my disposal - the products of the unconscious of other people with which I am acquainted, or historical documents. If insight does not come by itself, speculation is pointless. It makes sense only when we have objective data comparable to our material on the aeon of Aquarius." -Carl Gustav Jung, 1961

http://us.geocities.com/astrologyages/jungageofcapricornus.htm
Old 05-09-2010, 01:56 AM

- The age of Pisces began in the year 0 A.D the year supposely Jesus Christ was born. The fish respesents the Sun in the house of Pisces. From 2150 B.C to 1 B.C the Sun was in the age of Aries, the year of the Ram. That's way the Jews today still blows the Ram's horn. The age of Aries began at the time of Moses, (Minses, or however the prophet name) when he receviced the ten commandmend. Which was intruduce after the finishing age of Taurus 4300 B.C t0 2149 B.C. The beginning of the age of Aquarius starts on the year 2150 AD (I doubt anybody here will still be alive, who knows maybe.) "He who enter the house will find a man bearing a pitcher of water." So from 2150 AD to 4300 AD is the age of Aquarius. And the come forth the ae of Capricorn. 4300 AD. Every age is last 2150 years. The time for the Sun to go through all of the constellations is approximately 26,000 years, this is call the Great Year. This is due to the earth's wobble rotation.

Last edited by Sagacity; 05-09-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:05 AM

I believe that the phenomenon of the Great Year, in astrological terms, is based on the sidereal Zodiac- the constellation rising over the vernal equinox. It is not based on the tropical Zodiac which will always have Aries on the cusp of the vernal equinox.

Because of that I think pinning the dates of the ages down to specific years is much more difficult as the borders between one constellation and another in sidereal astrology are much harder to draw. It can be done, but I think there is a level of artificiality about it- I mean nobody talks about a future Age of Ophiuchus or any of the other constellations that cross the ecliptic.

So I think it is virtually impossible to pin down the dates of the Ages to specific years, and I don't think each age is of equal length.

Saying that, I think the cross-over period from Pisces to Aquarius came during the Age of Englightenment, when Uranus was first discovered, and the industrial age began. I think we are pretty much at the beginning of the Age of Aquarius now- brotherhood, human rights, technology, bizzare post modernism and deconstruction, apparent freedom. Communism, industrialisation, massive population growth- I think these are all Aquarian things from an esoteric perspective.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:24 AM

Aquarius is the sign of the rebel, but also the sign of human genius, one united with all and all for one. The Aquarian Age is designed to rebel against aspects of the Piscean Age that kind of raped over humanity-- the holy wars and the governmental iniquities. It can be expected that there will be a greater reverence for the Goddess after all that. Science too, with alternatives to religious quagmires. After 2000 years of Aquarian humanity, with more freedom, chaos, and anarchy, the age of Capricorn might be a welcome relief, with more establishment of order. Capricorn unites the heights and depths of human experience, the high mountain and the deep sea. It is like a yin yang that unites spirit and matter, and unites chaos with order. It leans more towards order, building empires out of chaos. Capricorn can be evil in its desire to dominate all life with some kind of divine order. But after 2000 years, it might be a welcome change. Or maybe we'll warp into a new universe before then.

Last edited by Northstar10; 05-15-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:10 PM

2000 years from now humanity will have long transcended our biological natures and have merged with our technology, first becoming tran-human cyborgs, then "post-humans". the culmination of the Aquarian Age. Capricorn brings structure and order and stability, perhaps through the rule of benevolent, god-like super-AIs. There will be a reborn "earthy" spirituality and organized religion based on sustaining the earth-like planets we settle or create through terraforming.

On the other hand, the structure of society itself will become very stable and hierarchical, mainly because technology will have become so advanced that only the AI "Gods" can understand it, it will be essentially "magic" to the average person.

Stubborn-as-a-bull Aspie.

My Natal Chart
(the right TOB this time!)

Last edited by AspieTaurus; 02-22-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 PM

I completely agree, except for everything you just said.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM

Interesting reading. I definitely think that the "doomsday-theories" is just an outspring of the Aquarian eccentric nature, and that goes out to all the "revolutionized" news topics.

I also strongly believe that the age of Aquarius will bring a better future for humanity opposed to what most people think!

The age of Capricorn? Humm.. that's a tough nut. Hard work is definitely in the focus.. Maybe a cleansing process from the last age? Cap is also connected with fear and the "devil" as in the gaot, and its rawness. Maybe we'll face a very hard age full of lessons. Interesting thinking ^_^
Old 02-22-2011, 11:33 PM

It's interesting to note that Capricorn and Sagittarius are the only signs that are represented by beings that are part one thing and part something else. Gemini has the twins, but those are two humans. Scorpio has the scorpion and the eagle, but not a creature made of both. I hypothesise that Capricorn is the "first sign" in terms of describing the evolution of souls in the Earth. We began as Capricorn, the near senseless conglomeration of parts. From there, we progressed into Sagittarius, which is part horse, but with the torso and head of a man, symbolising (much like the Sphinx) man's dominion over his own animal nature.

It's also interesting to (once again) note the strange distribution of the traditional rulerships. They are placed in order of increasing distance from the Sun. The luminaries begin at the Cancer/Leo cusp and the planets are listed in proper, heliocentric order in both directions around the circle. If we stop at Saturn, we stop at the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp. If we include outer planets, the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp is where the lists from each side overlap. This also suggests that Capricorn may be the original "first sign," meaning that we would transition to the next iteration of the circle at the end of Aquarius.

If we assume that the birth of Jesus marked the exact beginning of Pisces, then we should reach the age of Capricorn around the year 4295 at our current rate of precession. If we make that assumption, that also means that we won't actually reach the age of Aquarius until around the year 2148. If we assume that the year 2000 marks the exact beginning of Aquarius, then we should hit Capricorn around the year 4148. Star-based astrology should hold the answer to exactly when we are now.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Capricorn will be the age when we work hard to reap what was sown. I as an Aquarian initally thought it would be something scary, and in some ways it will be, but it'll most likely be more good than bad in the end unless we all decide to really (short, slender, sharp-pointed metal pin with a raised helical thread running around it and a slotted head) this one up too.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:23 AM

In the last Age of Capricorn, people were eating each other, which is something they learned in the last Age of Aquarius.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
The Following User Says Thank You to BobZemco For This Useful Post:
StillOne (10-20-2014)
Old 08-29-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZemco View Post
In the last Age of Capricorn, people were eating each other, which is something they learned in the last Age of Aquarius.

Seriously funny.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagacity View Post
- The age of Pisces began in the year 0 A.D the year supposely Jesus Christ was born. The fish respesents the Sun in the house of Pisces. From 2150 B.C to 1 B.C the Sun was in the age of Aries, the year of the Ram. That's way the Jews today still blows the Ram's horn. The age of Aries began at the time of Moses, (Minses, or however the prophet name) when he receviced the ten commandmend. Which was intruduce after the finishing age of Taurus 4300 B.C t0 2149 B.C. The beginning of the age of Aquarius starts on the year 2150 AD (I doubt anybody here will still be alive, who knows maybe.) "He who enter the house will find a man bearing a pitcher of water." So from 2150 AD to 4300 AD is the age of Aquarius. And the come forth the ae of Capricorn. 4300 AD. Every age is last 2150 years. The time for the Sun to go through all of the constellations is approximately 26,000 years, this is call the Great Year. This is due to the earth's wobble rotation.
First of all, what IS The age of Aquarius?

To begin at the beginning: the astronomical placement of the Spring Equinox is defined as being the point in the heavens where the Sun crosses the ecliptic. Due to the "precession of the equinoxes" this point moves backwards along (and around) the zodiac, spending approximately 2160 years in each "sign" (zodiacal constellation). The so-called "Ages" are therefore defined by the sign on the horizon at the time of the Spring Equinox. (Currently around 6deg Aries)

It appears that sometime around the 1860s to 1880s someone decided that we were coming to the end of the age of Pisces (ie Spring Equinox falling in Pisces). They then decided that since the image of Jesus was of the Fisherman (and early christians used the fish as a secret sign) the Age of Pisces must have begun with the birth of Jesus - and since the precession of the equinoxes meant that each "age" was approximately 2000 years we must be coming to the end of the Age of Pisces and thus the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.

Then they discovered that they'd got their sums wrong. The equinox actually moved from Aries to Pisces in 310CE, which means that it crosses into Aquarius around 2500CE!

If only they'd stuck to their guns and checked things out a bit more they'd have realised that it actually did work quite well as the beginning of the christian era as well - since the Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire – one Galerius by name – who had been busy killing and persecuting Christians for their anti social, or at least anti imperial, behaviour suddenly contracted a disease which he believed was the retribution of the “God of the Christians” in the winter of 310. As he lay dying he issued an edict ending the persecution of Christians and asking them to pray for him. He died anyway in 311, and the Emperor of the combined Western and Eastern Empires - Constantine - officially converted to Christianity in 312CE.

Furthermore, if you look at decanates (10 degrees or one third of a sign) this would mean three periods of 720 years each. The decanates are said to represent different phases of the signs. If you look at history, you would see that this would mean the period from around 300-1020CE being the christian faith getting settled in and established. 1020 to around 1740 would be the period of the great Christian hegemony - or christianity as the established faith. And then from 1740 onwards the gradual decline, disintegration and fading away of same. I think that fits the basic outlines of European history quite well, don't you?? And you can subdivide the decanates again (giving periods of approximately 240 years) which would give you the high point of christian power and control as the period 1260-1500 CE - which I would say was roughly about right - especially if you're thinking about the Papal power. Of course this would only apply to European/Eurocentric history - but then we're talking about European or Eurocentric constellations anyway. Other civilisations use other groupings of stars with other names.

Anyway, instead of owning up to getting their sums wrong, they tried to cover up the mistake by saying that actually it didn't mean the precise moment when the equinox moved it meant .....(pick a date!!)...... There's a book called “the Book of World Horoscopes” by UK astrologer Nick Campion which has 8 (yes, eight) pages of possible starting points for the Age of Aquarius, and there have been more suggestions since it was published! These dates range from the 15th century CE to 3500CE - quite a spread. So it seems that the Age of Aquarius either hasn't started yet, or is well underway, or is just getting its socks on, or ...

To consider just a few of the more likely or interesting candidates (in my opinion!):

1781 “Discovery” of Uranus; Perrone "Astrology – A New Age guide"

19-1-1881 Sun’s entry into Aquarius.
Based on there being 1881 pyramid inches in the base of the Great Pyramid

1962 Birth of Anti-Christ – Gabriel Jogand (1890s)

5-2-1962 Solar eclipse in Aquarius, with all traditional planets as well!

12-1-1996 Ingress of Uranus into Aquarius

1997 Jung – The sign of the Fishes (Nostradamus)
Also the start of Native American New Age – apparently based on the appearance of the comet Hale Bopp.
Gandalf Slick-Mountain Astrologer Jan 1996

May 1998 “The Solstices coincide with the plane of the Galactic equator marking the halfway point of the precessional cycle and the gateway into the Age of Aquarius”
(UK) Rainbow Circle Astrology Camp!!!

2020 Jupiter/Saturn conj in Aquarius-Astrological Journal – Jan 2000
(for the next 200 yrs the Jup/Sat conjunctions are all in Air signs)
However, the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction of 2080 is also in Aquarius, and has Uranus wanting to play as well. If we have to choose a time when we could consider the cusp of the Age of Aquarius to have been crossed, I would suggest this is it!

2497 The “Triple Conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn in Aquarius?
According to my graphical ephemeris, there is no “Triple Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius” in 2497. There IS a tripartite conjunction (ie three hits) of Jupiter and NEPTUNE in Aquarius – in 2495-96. And there is a Jupiter/Saturn Conjunction in Aries in early March 2497. Someone appears to have conflated these two events into one, presumably because it is the closest major astrological event to the date given by astronomers for the movement of the Spring Equinox from Pisces to Aquarius – in 2500.

2500 Date from Greenwich Observatory
Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM

The Age of Aquarius has nothing to do with planetary positions. It's simply the procession of the equinoxes. The Age of Aquarius basically means that the equinox is happening on the middle of winter. There's going to be no helpful sign for the beginning of the New Age. We're just going to have to use our Aquarian ingenuity for a while.

Since the ages go backwards, you'd have to use the decans for Pisces backwards as well, which means first it was fading out, the sustaining, then building up - but since it's backwards, in reverse.

Tags
capricorn