How does one find historical planet aspects

charliestars

HI

Could someone please assist me or point me in the right direction with regards to finding historical data on planetary aspects. What I am looking for are the specific dates going back to about 4000 BC if that is possible of all the times Mercury, Venus and Earth where square Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.

This is the picture I would be looking for

M V E
O O O

O M
O J
O S

Any help with this would really be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Charliestars

mdinaz

Astro.com has ephemerides going back thousands of years. The program Astrolog (free) uses these same ephemeris files and you can easily step back charts in real-time and view these aspects, as well as the local horizon. I use it every day and it also comes in handy with my historical research and in confirming-debunking historical stories.

Zarathu

Account Closed
You really need a program to do this for you in a specific way. Something that will search the ephemeris for specific aspects. I have two, but I'm not sure how far they go back.

And while there are online resources, I'm not sure that they will allow you to search for very specific aspect relationships over time backwards for thousands of years.

Someone somewhere has what you want, but you may have to be willing to pay for it.

mdinaz

To look for a very specific configuration, I don't know. Like Zarathu says, I'm sure there is a program somewhere that does that, but it won't be free. I know the general rate of movement for the planets (such as Jupiter goes around every 11 years) so I just step manually to those rough time periods and look that way. Laborious but free.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I can produce a printout for you that goes back to 4000 BC if you wish for the planets that you want, but you need to tell me the duration between the dates of the ephemeris. Obviously one that shows every second back to 4000 years will be bigger than one that shows every 30 days.

charliestars

Thank you Mdinaz and Zarathu for your reply. I understand what you mean, this is most probably something I will have to pay for or either take my time with by the looks of things and manually go through an ephemeris. A printout will not be necessary Zarathu but thank you anyway for offering.

KInd Regards
Charliestars

JUPITERASC

HI

Could someone please assist me or point me in the right direction with regards to finding historical data on planetary aspects. What I am looking for are the specific dates going back to about 4000 BC if that is possible of all the times Mercury, Venus and Earth where square Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.

This is the picture I would be looking for

M V E
O O O

O M
O J
O S

Any help with this would really be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Charliestars
Hi charliestars - CONFIGURATION HUNTER is a free online astrological tool
providing some of the data you require
:smile: http://www.configurationhunter.com/astrology-tools/aspects-hunter

Planet aspects hunter allows one to search in time for aspects between planets.
Using this tool one may then build complex search criteria
all online and free

Link to astrodienst 6000 year Ephemeris file free at http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm