Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-2013, 01:09 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Eight possible T-Squares?!

Hello all,

Um . . . well, I'm not sure how to start this, so I'll just jump into the problem.
I looked at my chart and I noticed the t-squares. I did some research and I found they're not as terrible; still, I see eight t-squares. I'm a beginner so, this is a bit confusing for me. My questions:

Do I really have eight t-squares? If so, why so many?
What does it mean? Any ideas? The main planets I see are Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, maybe Moon?, and maybe Chiron?

If you can help, I really would appreciate it!
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_24gw_02_marisa_2013924.3082.21741.gif (61.0 KB, 23 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2013, 03:08 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 6,035
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Gosh! T-Squares R Us!

It's debatable how you should count them. I would see one gi-mongous T-square because Mars is the focalizer or apex for all the other planets. But as you analyse your chart, I would suggest considering T-squares both individually and collectively. Where you've got two big clusters, north and south, these planets operate in harness with one another. Some are out-of-orb, but I tend to count them more like conjunctions due to their midpoints and engagement with one another through the opposition and Mars square.

Speaking of which, a 10-degree orb for Mars is wide for many astrologers, unless the sun or moon are involved. But you may feel it due to the aforementioned interactions between your Cancer and Capricorn planets.

The good news is that you have a very strong chart by my reckoning, with 5 planets domiciled in their own signs: Mars, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, and Pluto. You can accomplish a lot in your life. Sometimes the stresses experienced through squares actually encourage people to advance and achieve in the areas represented by the involved planets. May feel stressful, but you can get a lot accomplished.
__________________
"That which you have tried yourself, which you have experienced, which you have recognized as true, and which will be beneficial to you and to others; believe that, and shape your conduct to it." --Buddha, Kalama Sutta

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." --Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

--Philippians 4:8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
riveradove (09-25-2013)
  #3  
Old 09-24-2013, 03:17 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 11,020
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

I too would delineate one T square, focused on Mars, as per the following:
Mars sq Neptune Mars sq Jupiter/Jupiter opposition Neptune (for me, maximum aspectual orbs for squares, oppositions = 5 degrees)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
riveradove (09-25-2013)
  #4  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Krewster Krewster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 426
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Recast at home with tight orbs, I'm not seeing even a single T-square (bec the 4.x-ish loose oppo between transpersonals -Jup and Nept- is deferable, in my working orb approach, until all 17 tighter major and minor aspects are considered.

Even if acknowledged first, such transpersonal oppo, being about 8 x looser orbed than such T-square's tightest aspect (Mars 90 Jup) would seem to greatly skew the configuration towards dominance of that 90 and, therefore, render it classifiable more as a "leaky" T-square than one in which all three aspects are equally strong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krewster For This Useful Post:
riveradove (09-25-2013)
  #5  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:18 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Gosh! T-Squares R Us!

It's debatable how you should count them. I would see one gi-mongous T-square because Mars is the focalizer or apex for all the other planets. But as you analyse your chart, I would suggest considering T-squares both individually and collectively. Where you've got two big clusters, north and south, these planets operate in harness with one another. Some are out-of-orb, but I tend to count them more like conjunctions due to their midpoints and engagement with one another through the opposition and Mars square.

Speaking of which, a 10-degree orb for Mars is wide for many astrologers, unless the sun or moon are involved. But you may feel it due to the aforementioned interactions between your Cancer and Capricorn planets.

The good news is that you have a very strong chart by my reckoning, with 5 planets domiciled in their own signs: Mars, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, and Pluto. You can accomplish a lot in your life. Sometimes the stresses experienced through squares actually encourage people to advance and achieve in the areas represented by the involved planets. May feel stressful, but you can get a lot accomplished.
*Sorry for the long wait, It's been a busy day.*

Whew, okay, I feel better. Thank you, waybread. I didn't consider looking at the mega-T-square both individually and collectively. I'll be sure to take another look. I didn't know some planets when out-of-orb could be considered a conjunction thanks to their midpoints. Would an example be an opposition between my moon in cancer (22° Can 43) and Neptune in Capricorn (13° Cap 29)?

Oh, and bingo on being stressful. It doesn't help that I worry sometimes (go Cancer sun ). However, you are correct; despite being stressed in an event related to any of the squares, I do see results because of pushing through.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
I too would delineate one T square, focused on Mars, as per the following:
Mars sq Neptune Mars sq Jupiter/Jupiter opposition Neptune (for me, maximum aspectual orbs for squares, oppositions = 5 degrees)
Thanks dr. farr for your response! Okay, I feel better with mega-T square as opposed to eight. Not that having a lot of T squares would make me sad; it would just make me feel overwhelmed.

I will take a second look at the aspects that you stated between Mars, Neptune, and Jupiter. Also, orbs; definitely gotta research more so my chart will be a little easier to read (and shock-free) next time I look at it.

Last edited by riveradove; 09-25-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewster View Post
Recast at home with tight orbs, I'm not seeing even a single T-square (bec the 4.x-ish loose oppo between transpersonals -Jup and Nept- is deferable, in my working orb approach, until all 17 tighter major and minor aspects are considered.

Even if acknowledged first, such transpersonal oppo, being about 8 x looser orbed than such T-square's tightest aspect (Mars 90 Jup) would seem to greatly skew the configuration towards dominance of that 90 and, therefore, render it classifiable more as a "leaky" T-square than one in which all three aspects are equally strong.
Krewster,

First off, thank you for your response as well as your point of view. I can definitely breathe a little easier. It's interesting that in your point of view, you don't see one. And if there was a configuration that resembles a T-square, it's loose and, in a sense, off. So instead of having multiple T-squares, my chart is basically a moth using its "wings" (aspects) to pretend to have T-square configurations (at a glance, of course), when in reality when you look closer, it has none. Oh goodness.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 6,035
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Well, the thing about orbs is, you know it if you feel it. Also, check your declinations, which you can get off the extra data tables at Astrodient. Planets at the same degree and both at north or both at south of the equator are called parallels, and act as conjunctions. Planets at the same degree but with one north and one south are counter-parallels and act as oppositions. Any of these in the mix will strengthen the idea of planets in-harness.

For example, my moon is 10 degrees off the conjunction with its nearest neighbour, but they are both parallel as well as parallel with a third planet, so that strengthens what otherwise might look like a questionably wide orb.
__________________
"That which you have tried yourself, which you have experienced, which you have recognized as true, and which will be beneficial to you and to others; believe that, and shape your conduct to it." --Buddha, Kalama Sutta

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." --Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

--Philippians 4:8
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
riveradove (09-26-2013)
  #9  
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Ah, I see. Wow, definitely a change after finding and equating the declinations to the rest of my chart. Thanks for letting me know about the declinations.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Krewster Krewster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 426
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

You can use the moth wing image if helpful (i.e., if you break it down to identify which wings have substance and which are mere feathers).

or you could reduce the orbs and many of those red lines will disappear.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krewster For This Useful Post:
riveradove (09-27-2013)
  #11  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:04 PM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewster View Post
You can use the moth wing image if helpful (i.e., if you break it down to identify which wings have substance and which are mere feathers).

or you could reduce the orbs and many of those red lines will disappear.
The latter will do; moth wings tend to get messy, hahaha.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Jose1980's Avatar
Jose1980 Jose1980 is offline
Junior Member
Jose1980's Profile Fields
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: nor california
Posts: 19
Send a message via Yahoo to Jose1980 Send a message via Skype™ to Jose1980
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

how do you post your natal chart in the forum? I still dont know how.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:57 AM
riveradove riveradove is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Re: Eight possible T-Squares?!

Try this thread. ---> http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126

Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riveradove For This Useful Post:
Jose1980 (09-29-2013)
Reply

Tags
tsquares

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2012, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.