Hi to all.
Its a very nice forum that is build for astrology . I like this place. Well about myself.
I am from INDIA . I have completed my BS in Production and Industrial Engineering. I am also doing the degree in Mechanical Engineering thru correspondance course. I am 24 years old.
You can find my Natal chart here.
I became interested in astrology 3 years back when I was 21. I am still newbie to astrology. Started studying vedic astrology under the guidance of my Professor. He studied vedic astrology for 1 years. Then after that I was introduced to the concept of Western astrology who was an Astrologer from USA. So I began study of western astrology eventually grew up . I like the way it predicted.
Special interested in Astro-Psychology work of Glenn Perry ,Dane Rudhyar, Marc Edmund Jones, Joan McEvers , Steven Forrest etc.
The most favourite book on astrology is
1.The essential of Astrological Analysis by Marc Edmund Jones.
This book explain various patterns that there in your chart like bowl, Locomotive , see saw etc.
Even though living in INDIA I have abdonded the study of Vedic Astrology .If you ask why me ? Here is answer.
First, of all no offence to vedic astrology.
1. Same old thing is being followed for year and years together.
2. Unwanted remedial measure being told like hang a horse nail at entrance of the house. Mars when placed in 12, 1,4, 6 and 8th house (Mars Dosha) in which of the girls chart then person to who she will marry the husbandwill die in 1 year of marriage (all **** and nonsense)
3. There is diety to each and every planet .
4. When Saturn transit in your sign (Moon sign) the worst period will start according to vedic Astrology ie (Saturn Sadesati).
5. Wear a particular stone all the ill effects will reduced .
6. There is no concept of free will in INDIAN astrology . You are born with a certain given thing, you will get those things only you cannot go beyond those limit (like a Dog tied to a pole).
Because in INDIA people want result without working hard. They don't want to work and expect each and every thing will happen at GODs will
Now instead of focusing on basic human thinking phsychology they are focusing on what remedial measures and this is not correct which I did not like so left vedic astrology.
The age old tradition needs to changed.
Well this is what I have to say . Please accept my apology if anybody is hurt in this article especially vedic astrologers.
John (Pseudo Name)
Last edited by Saturn Rules; 08-07-2007 at 04:18 PM.