Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 AM

Mars Conjunct Asc Synastry

Do you find that in synastry, Mars conjunct another person's Ascendant to be a challenging aspect? I have read that this can result in strong sexual attraction. What about for non-romantic relationships? I have this aspect with the fiancee of my boyfriend's brother. She and I see things quite differently and at times (well, often actually) I can become so irritated with her.

What do you think? Have you ever experienced this before?

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 AM

Re: Mars Conjunct Asc Synastry

Does anyone have any insight about this, I'm really curious. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 AM

I saw the title of this thread and thought automatically, "uh oh.."

strong sexual attraction requires a lot more than Mars sitting on someone else's Ascendant. all that combination says to me is frustration, anger, and stress. friction, too, which can lead to sexual attraction, but not in and of itself. is there a slight competitive nature to your relationship, like someone always feels like they have to outdo the others?

just out of curiosity, whose Mars is on whose Ascendant? I'm gonna guess your Ascendant, her Mars. if so, it'd be interesting to know which houses Mars rules in her chart. more than likely it would help paint of picture of the kinds of things that come up that irritate you.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wca View Post
I saw the title of this thread and thought automatically, "uh oh.."

strong sexual attraction requires a lot more than Mars sitting on someone else's Ascendant. all that combination says to me is frustration, anger, and stress. friction, too, which can lead to sexual attraction, but not in and of itself. is there a slight competitive nature to your relationship, like someone always feels like they have to outdo the others?

just out of curiosity, whose Mars is on whose Ascendant? I'm gonna guess your Ascendant, her Mars. if so, it'd be interesting to know which houses Mars rules in her chart. more than likely it would help paint of picture of the kinds of things that come up that irritate you.
Her Mars is on my Ascendant. I wish I had an accurate birth time for her, because I'm really trying to figure out how she ticks. As for how she bothers me, she seems to make a lot of statements that make herself seem higher than everyone else, and she makes a point to use fancy vocabulary to make herself seem smarter than everyone else.

I do feel there might be an unspoken competition between the two of us. One time, my boyfriend's brother said to his parents "You like her better than my girlfriend (now fiancee) because she's always around." His fiancee goes to school 8 hours away & they only see each other for holidays. His statement makes me wonder if she feels that way and has told him this. She is graduating soon, and I will be seeing more of her than I ever have and I am hoping things will go better than I've been thinking it will. I'm hoping that I will begin to like her. (BIG hope) lol

I'm uploading my chart and hers. As you will see, I am VERY Leo, so if my pride is threatened, I will automatically have a negative response. :P She is very Cancer/Leo/Capricorn. Sensitive, proud and serious.

You will also see that her Venus is on my Ascendant, which should have some positive influence here. We are polite to each other. We keep things cordial, even though she can really drive me nuts. :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schart.jpg (71.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg mynatalchart.jpg (80.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by 26degrees; 02-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Tags
conjunct, mars, synastry