Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 AM

Do we choose our parents before we were born?

When I was still a teenager I felt like I was cursed with my family. They were the worst people ever. I was ready to finish high school, move away and never see them again. After a major 'rebirth' which occurred about 2 years ago. I feel much differently. I feel life I am blessed with the best family ever. My mother is a Scorpio & my father is a Capricorn. Although they are opposites personality wise, they share the same core beliefs and compliment each other beautifully. I am a combination of both, as I have a stellium in both Capricorn and Scorpio. After observing this interesting synthesis, I've wondered if we choose our parents before we are born?

Advertisements:
Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 AM

Re: Do we choose our parents before we were born?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyNomad7 View Post
When I was still a teenager I felt like I was cursed with my family. They were the worst people ever. I was ready to finish high school, move away and never see them again. After a major 'rebirth' which occurred about 2 years ago. I feel much differently. I feel life I am blessed with the best family ever. My mother is a Scorpio & my father is a Capricorn. Although they are opposites personality wise, they share the same core beliefs and compliment each other beautifully. I am a combination of both, as I have a stellium in both Capricorn and Scorpio. After observing this interesting synthesis, I've wondered if we choose our parents before we are born?
For those who are of the opinion that every action has a reaction aka consequence and that we therefore experience the consequences of our actions so, from that view of life, it makes sense that we 'choose our experiences by way of our actions' - and that could include 'choosing' our parents - aka being born to certain parents as a consequence of our own actions. Likewise our parents 'choose' us, for the same reason. So it's mutual choice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
LovelyNomad7 (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 04:41 AM

Some occultists teach that it is a matter of subtle energetic resonance, the resonant field of the parents matching the subtle (or "spiritual") energetic field of the incarnating Ego, a magnetic "pull" being thus established and incarnation in that resonant field (ie the parent's, particularly the mother's) energy field, then occuring.
I tend to agree with this hypothesis, and the ideas of bloodline/family "karma", which I have posted about in the Karmic astrology forum, would fit quite well with such a model.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
LovelyNomad7 (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 AM

JupiterAsc: Wow, that's very interesting! I feel like that must be true. It's incredible how it all comes together! Dr. Farr: I'm very intrigued. I'd like to read up on that! Did you post this recently? Could you send me a link to that post please
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 AM

I will refresh 2 threads which I posted on and which might be of interest: one is from the Karmic Astrology Forum, entitled "Family and Group Karma" (my post to that thread is dated 4/29/10) The other is from the Natal Astrology forum, entitled "Entrance of the Soul seen Astrologically" (my posts here are date 4/29/10, 4/30/10, 6/05/10 and 4/14/11) Both threads contain thought-provoking ideas and I think the OP will find them of value.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyNomad7 View Post
JupiterAsc: Wow, that's very interesting! I feel like that must be true. It's incredible how it all comes together!
Good news LovelyNomad7! Also good news that you feel blessed with the best family ever as that is so reassuring to read in these troubled times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 AM

I believe we do, I believe we choose our life, family, and things we must learn. For some of us our biggest lessons we learn come from our parents. When I was younger me and my mom did not get along. At all. And this was BEYOND intense. My mom is who ive always had, and for the longest i was all she had. My mom had me at 13, alot of the lessons in life she had to learn growing up I also had to learn. This year has been a turning point shes my bestfriend, sister, & mother. She's very spiritual, and has went into deep deep meditation. She told me about our recent past life, and how we were bestfriends, also my grandmother who we dont speak too. She got us killed in some set up .. me and my mom have a few birthmarks but we have 2 that are in the same place and look the same. and one is right where my mom said we were shot. I believe everything happens for a reason. all of gods plan. Its really good to hear your new blessing Im very happy for you and your parents! It's a very good feeling!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22 AM

I've clearly got no taste
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 AM

The idea that souls choose their moment of circumstances of birth is actually a pretty ancient one.
"That which you have tried yourself, which you have experienced, which you have recognized as true, and which will be beneficial to you and to others; believe that, and shape your conduct to it." --Buddha, Kalama Sutta

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." --Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

--Philippians 4:8
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM

Well really I doubt it, though I believe on many things I still think it's the king above that set it all.